Do you take player notes

I’ve only just started to take notes in the last few days as I wasn’t really aware of this feature. I’m mostly using them to take note of players whose play style I don’t enjoy, so I can avoid them if possible.

I never take notes I take their chips. Ha ha

I do not say nh much but expects a vnh when I win, am I selfish?

I took a few notes when I noticed a player was a “:high rank” then I realized that just meant they had more chips than I did . so I deleted all those notes because it didn’t benefit me any - however I do have a few notes on some players who “hold doubles” I watch them and if they bet heavy I let them have the pot because I am pretty sure they are holding a pair unless of course i have a super duper good hand of my own.:slight_smile:

Not the word I was thinking , but we will go will that .:innocent:

On another site, I always took notes. I played the same game each time and ran into the same players. It was smart. My notes were color codes that I knew by look. The note system here is counterproductive, which makes it more a burden than a help.

Taking notes is usually pointless. Most players change their style of play to throw people off and they are hoping you are taking notes so that it’s easier to troll you.

Roflmao… Pictures SunPowerGuruMod, as Sgt. Bilko.

when are we going to get a new water color pic

Haven’t been painting much , but will show one that I did recently.
I changed my profile pic to my latest painting …will change it back tomorrow.

I mostly play MTTs and I don’t really make notes because people play differently depending on the people around them and their stack. For example if I see someone playing very aggressively then I’d stay quiet till I picked up a hand whereas I’d play aggressively myself if everyone else is playing passively.

I would encourage taking notes whatever you want to get from your poker.
If you play just to pass the time and meet friends, then you can remind yourself whether a player is a sociable type or a grouch, so that you can judge whether they are likely to engage in conversation or take kindly to a nh or gg from you next time you play them.
If you are in it to win chips, then making notes on solid players or otherwise might be able to help you make a better decision at a later date. When I play games where I regularly meet the same opponents, e.g. in Heads Up or 6 max SNG, I can make more confident notes, like ‘rarely bluffs’ or ‘aggro from BTN’. Playing in Ring or MTT where you may only see a player a handful of times, note taking can still be useful but labour intensive…
If you are making strategy notes, you definitely need the date and type of game, possibly even a hand number but don’t spend all your time making notes or reviewing old plays by opponents instead of watching the game in front of you !!.

1 Like

I don’t take notes… too time intensive…
I don’t look at others’s hands/stats, I mainly look at the leaderboards, ppls rank, and how I see them play… I guess I take mental notes, but they are generalities, not tendancies… I also browse the forum, you can learn alot about other players here.

Rut ro.

I take notes … make lists…and when all else fails I use the flashing “f” it button. :slight_smile: