And so now I need that recipe, oldgeezer. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Cheesecake

3 Likes

Grilled banana split sundae

3 Likes

I want that !!!

3 Likes

I should have said crumble and not crisp and apparently the recipe is all in her head.

OMG. I do make a good cheesecake, but this looks particularly special.

1 Like

Me too.

Well, I’ll just have to get something called “Apple Crumble” off the Interwebs and pretend it’s your wife’s recipe then. I have a theory it involves some alchemy achieved through the properties of butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, maybe cloves, possibly walnuts…Oh my. Now it’s all in MY head, too!

1 Like

You could be accused of cruelty, geezer. Looks like something that would go perfectly with vanilla ice cream.

Chocolate Lava Cake anyone ?

4 Likes

I am usually offered a choice of whipped cream or cool whip. I just prefer it warm by itself. Ice cream is seldom in the freezer and does not stay long if it is.

1 Like

We have the same problem with ice cream in this house: It just won’t keep. lol

Well, JanCee, your alchemy aligns with mine. But, my recipe is all in my head, too. I like using MacIntosh apples that I peel, core and cut into eighths and fill a deep pie dish two thirds full. Then fill to the top and mounded with 2-3 cups of rolled oats, 2-3 tablespoons of flour depending on how juicy the apples are, some amount of brown sugar - again depending on how sweet the apples are, scant tsp. of salt, finely chopped walnuts or pecans, cinnamon, nutmeg, and a decadent amount of melted butter, so that the topping is well moistened. Oven at 375 for 50-60 minutes.
I live in apple country Ontario - surrounded by orchards:)

1 Like

Well here’s an idea: I shall take an Apple Crumble tour, starting at oldgeezer’s home and then moving on to yours. Once I’ve had samples of the best, I’ll invite you all to my place. :slight_smile:

Can’t wait! :smiley:

So…If you carry your girl to Olive Garden and you want the best food they have 4 the cheapest price skip the menu and order these…U can thank me later :sunglasses:
images (1)

3 Likes

Hahahahahaha, that was great :joy:

1 Like