Deep Condolences to British Friends

The Queen has passed away at age 96. I am not her subject, but my heart is broken. I cannot imagine how our British friends at Replay Poker might be feeling, but here’s my condolences, sincerely felt.

14 Likes

Thank you Jan. She put her duty to our country before everything else and was a role model to our nation. She inspired love in all her subjects, rich or poor, and we hope our future King will respect her legacy.

13 Likes

:pray:t2::pray:t2::pray:t2:

6 Likes

It is a sad day for many. She lived a good life .God bless and Rest in Peace Queen Elizabeth II♥

7 Likes

Condolences to the Royal Family & to all that loved, respected & honored this lady of Stability!

5 Likes

People that - even when in a position of the highest privilege - put the responsibility and duty that their position carries ahead of a self-serving interest in building even more power and personal gain, and stubbornly keep service at at the forefront of everything they do, are rare and precious. There just haven’t been many over the course of time I can think of - a few, maybe.

We may well have just lost the last one we will ever see carry that mantle so effortlessly and gracefully. I hope not, but that little lady leaves behind some pretty damn big shoes.

9 Likes

Amen to every word of that, Elvoid.

5 Likes

I often found myself in the awkward position of both viewing a monarchy as antiquated and being proud to have Elizabeth as my Queen. Her death is hard for me to process. She has been the only constant in our government throughout my life. There was a certain comfort to having her as head of state. It was like we had a benevolent and eternal grandmother watching over us. Now that she is gone there is a void that I don’t believe any person can ever fill.

10 Likes

Also wish to express my condolences, I understand she had a great sense of humor.

I always like that trait in a person.

May she rest in peace.

4 Likes

It is all a bit odd and subdued over here in old blighty at the moment, we do solemn very well.
It’s like losing your grandma :cry:

3 Likes

9 Likes

Good tribute by BoJo

6 Likes

5 Likes

I agree, she devoted her life to her duty and respected others. I remember back in the days when we had street parties and be proud and kind of of brought people together. She embraced and so much more.

6 Likes

Kind of weird to think right at this moment she lies in a cathedral literally 10 minutes walk from where I live! Absolutely surreal.

4 Likes

What stands out with the personality of Elizabeth is not only the traits that she possessed, but those that were absent. Elizabeth was told from a young age that she was special, simply because she was born into a certain family. […] The entire time, Elizabeth resisted being narcissistic. She never gave into the fantasy of her own specialness. She realized that she was just a person, but she was a person with an unusual job and therefore an unusual opportunity to make positive changes. Elizabeth never lashed out at her critics. She was not insecure or vindictive. Elizabeth really stood out as a member of the royal family in a positive way. She respected her role in the royal family and stayed out of trouble, as other royal family members had repeated problems. Elizabeth was happy and felt obligated to remain a bit of a mystery. She did not want to be in the spotlight. She did not let her emotions dictate her behaviour. She understood something that very few leaders understand these days - the job of being a leader is about service. […] Elizabeth was willing to put the job ahead of her own opinions and desires. She was an ordinary person born into an extraordinary situation - an example of a leader who rose to the occasion with grace and courage. Queen Elizabeth II cemented her place in history as a role model for leaders around the world.

(Dr Grande)

4 Likes

Will you be going to pay respects ?

1 Like

It is the end of an era. The Queen was an original, and the Commonwealth has lost a great leader. Unfortunately her replacement has feet of clay. RIP Queen Elizabeth…you will be sorely missed.

3 Likes

Yes very Sad.

4 Likes

A very good role model for great Britain. She is one of a kind and will
be missed by all who knew her as the Queen of England.

3 Likes