Daily Quotes

“Poker, played correctly, is weaponized statistics.” -WannabeCoder

6 Likes

When I was young, I cried and begged for a new pair of shoes, then I met a fellow with no legs.

3 Likes

We’re pokering now! - SunPowerGuru

(I’m trying to get “pokering” accepted as a new verb, to replace, “playing poker”)

2 Likes

To poker or not to poker… That is the question! - Shakespoker

5 Likes

lol :joy:

1 Like

“Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the ax.” - Abraham Lincoln

1 Like

If at first you don’t succeed, so much for sky diving.

4 Likes

Tiger is skinny and Daly is fat.
Se-ri Pak will eat your cat.

“Everybody has inside of them what it takes to become a champion. The question is: Can you access it?” - Sugar Ray Leonard

1 Like

You don’t have to break the cookie jar in order to get your hand out— just let go of the cookies.

1 Like

Then what we do, we do it day after tomorrow.

1 Like

Or the next day :slight_smile:

1 Like

If at first you don’t succeed, try shortstop.

Yes. That way, when you do criticize him, you’ll be a mile away, and you’ll have his shoes.

1 Like

I was out getting the mail today, when a young black family was walking down the street. Just as they passed my house, the 7-ish year old girl started crying that her 9-ish year old brother was getting ahead. The father said something that I will remember for a very long time…

He said, “If something makes you sad, you have to try harder, that’s literally all you can do.”

The wisdom contained in that one simple sentence blew me away. Not only was it the best parenting I have heard, but probably the best general advice for those of any age. There is hope for this world after all!

4 Likes

So sad to put limitations on your child. Is that what happened to you SPG? :wink:

2 Likes

In North America alone, a person dies while rock climbing once every 12 days on average.

1 Like

Never regret anything that made you smile.
-Mark Twain-

3 Likes

“The lucky man is he who knows how much to leave to chance.”

– C. S. Forester

1 Like

“It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.” - Frederick Douglass

5 Likes