Daily Quotes

Indeed! People say “Time flies when you’re having fun!”.
Frogs say “Time’s fun when you’re having flies!”.
It’s all a matter of perspective. :wink:

6 Likes

You will lose 100% of the hands you don’t play.

4 Likes

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day, teach a man to fish and his wife will hate you unless she really really likes fish. - SPG

7 Likes

:rofl:

4 Likes

“Animals are such agreeable friends - they ask no questions; they pass no criticisms.”
George Eliot

6 Likes

“Bad beats mean there are still players out there who play badly. That means the games are still beatable”- Mark Blade

3 Likes

quote 2

6 Likes

There is no “ I “ in Team

Vince Lombardi

3 Likes

The tongue has no bones, but is strong enough to break a heart.
So be careful with your words.

6 Likes

Craig - that famous quote from Lombardi reminded of this less famous - but awesome - twisting of the quote:

Shaquille O’Neal at Kobe Bryant’s memorial service:

“The day Kobe gained my respect was, the guys were complaining, said, “Shaq, Kobe’s not passing the ball.” I said, “I’ll talk to him.” I said, “Kobe, there’s no ‘I’ in ‘team’.” He said, “I know, but there’s an ‘M-E’ in that motherf—.””

4 Likes

“You don’t love someone for their looks, or their clothes, but because they sing a song only you can hear.”
Oscar Wilde

4 Likes

There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion.

Gen. William Thornson, U.S. Army

5 Likes

“I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world because they’d never expect it.”

Jack Handey

(OK - this one’s funny, but it also has a nugget of depressing truth in it - and sums up why we need (riffing off Craig’s post above) people that become Marines (and all the rest) - “eternal vigilance is the price of liberty”)

4 Likes

“The raising of that flag on Suribachi means a Marine Corps for the next 500 years.”

(James Forrestal, Secretary of the Navy, 23 February 1945.)

3 Likes

The surest way to kill progress is with excuses. - SPG

3 Likes

The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!

Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945

3 Likes

“Magic is believing in yourself.
If you can make that happen, you can make anything happen.”

Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe

4 Likes

“I just want you to know that if you are out there and you are being really hard on yourself right now for something that has happened … it’s normal. That is what is going to happen to you in life. No one gets through unscathed. We are all going to have a few scratches on us. Please be kind to yourselves and stand up for yourself, please.”
— Taylor Swift

3 Likes

" It is in our DARKEST moments that we must focus on the LIGHT."

Aristotle Onassis

4 Likes

“You learn more from failure than from success. Don’t let it stop you. Failure builds character.” — Unknown

3 Likes