CONTEST - Who would win? Take two!

Data will know every card in your hand, on the table and left in the deck, no competition.

1 Like

Gotta vote Bender, not sure if the other charters ever played a game of poker… maybe Data has but still sticking to Bender.

DATA - for all the reasons previously cited. Bender and Robo would employ bluffing that Data would see through thereby eliminating them earlier in the game and then would dispatch 3-C.

Bender and Robocop will end heads-up, but Robocop will shoot Bender when he catches Bender trying to palm an ace.

• Bender would be first to lose. He’s drunk 99% of the time, he has zero patience, and wouldn’t last long in a game of poker against anyone, let alone the 3 in question.

• C-3PO would follow bender. He’s very good at surviving wars and disasters, and at different languages and ways of communication, but he looks like he has no skills whatsoever that would help him in a poker game.

The choice between Robocop and Data is difficult. However:

• Robocop is too good for a game of poker. He’s very honest, doesn’t cheat, doesn’t lie, doesn’t bluff, doesn’t like it if someone else bluffs. His mind would probably be elsewhere anyway, thinking about crime and how to protect the innocent, like he always does.

• Data will win in the end. His analytical skills are flawless. And everybody forgets that he had an emotion chip added, making him able to feel, analyse and understand emotions too. He would not only analyse the cards, the possibilities, and other players, but he would also understand their tactics (if any), their emotions, and all their moves. He’s the best candidate in my opinion. He would win.

Also, based on just their names, isn’t obvious that the winner of a poker game would be the one named DATA? Mr COP, Mr BENDER, and Mr NUMBERS/LETTERS wouldn’t stand a chance :wink:

1 Like

Bender. He has the best poker face.

What if they were playing online? :grin:

Replay Poker wins…the house always wins. Ever looked at the large buildings in Vegas…that’s who wins.

1 Like

DATA…THROUGH CAREFUL ANALYZATION…THE MIND IS POWERFUL

2 Likes

If you’re gonna go with the Robot Chicken version of Bender, he will be distracted by the first washing machine (or any electrical appliance) nearby, and will drop out of the game :joy:

C - 3 P O

take your time with all in players

Bender wins easily, possibly by cheating. Bender already has the experience. At least in the future. If you recall, Bender won the Universal Poker Championships on Mars Vegas in the year 3009. His winning hand of course was 5 Kings.

1 Like

If you’ve seen that Futurama episode, Bender wins by dumb luck (and he had the Donbot’s lucky foot with him). How many tournaments can one win with pure dumb luck and no skills at all? :thinking:

C-3PO strikes me as being accident prone and might literally lose an arm and a leg (and head) in the game

Bender is… Bender. Bending metal and rules for a living

Data combines logic with time travel to win poker games (remember that Next Generation episode?)

Robocop is restricted by protocol which might cause a conflict when bluffing is called for.

I would expect Data to prevail, or at least run it again until he does !!

2 Likes

I forgot about the time travel. Another reason for Data to win. Love your answer @Chasetheriver :heart_eyes:

Don’t overthink it. How many morally corrupt alcoholics are at the table? One; Bender is the winner.

Bender looks at his 2-7 off suit, folds erratically shouting. “You’re a pimple on society’s ass and you’ll never amount to anything!” To the remaining 3.
DATA quickly views his 10-A off suit, Robotically scanning his opponents.
ROBOCOP, looks at his A-8 off suit, gesturing to C3PO, saying ’ Your move, creep.’
C3PO holds AJ off suit, pre raising the flop. Shouting to R2 in the audience.
“Don’t you call me a mindless philosopher you overweight glob of grease!”
DATA quietly calls the bet.
ROBOCOP follows.
10 K A Hits the flop.
C3PO Goes all in, R2’s head spins 360.
DATA once again calls, staying silent.
ROBOCOP follows. ‘Dead or alive, your coming with me.’
The turn Hits Queen.
River Ace.

2 Likes

That’s a very specific scenario :joy:

1 Like

Does the deck contain 5 aces?
3 of them have aces, an ace comes on the flop, then another on the river? That’s 5 aces

3 Likes