CONTEST - What quality do you appreciate in other players?

Good job Miri did not specify modesty as a requirement :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

4 Likes

In fact, the resemblance between your picture and George Clooney is uncanny!

1 Like

i defenitely do like the first 3, 4 not so much since i like talking and joking around :slight_smile:.

not sure about the difference between A and B, since they both seem to mean to be nice at each other.

but i have to go with C, purely because it’s about poker after all. and i do like a challenge

I suppose B would be at the top of my list but it depends on the time of day I’m playing.
I usually start out at high stakes (for me) and wind up at low stakes when I hit chill/relax mode (usually to lick my wounds from the high stakes I played earlier) :grin:

Skill

B is for me. Good etiquette lets me focus on my cards without being too warm, so D will probably have the fewest takers. Playing with the best is how I lose. I will assume everyone is the best, and if I win, then I must be better than that. Warmth is nice, but if I tried typing all this in between hands, I would click I’m Back more often than not.

B is for me

Online poker, who would you consider is the best, You play across the board with every type of players around the world. When you play expect to a fox in the chicken coup, and a slow mild Joe. When I play, I always respect all players and to be at my competitive best. Other players will respect your play whether win or loose.

………………BLUEDIME

E – Perky sense of Humor.

1 Like

Many posters mentioned a good sense of humour as a desirable quality in a player.
I wonder, though, if they do enough themselves to create a humorous atmosphere at a table, also when there are players they are not familiar with.
I don’t think anybody likes to be a solo entertainer. I know I don’t.
Occasionally, after an hour of playing in perfect silence, I dare to make a remark – silly or witty, this depends on the points of view – but… there is no response. And I feel as if I had shouted at a library or a church.
Whenever another player says something, I’m often the only one who replies.
All seem to value good manners at a table, and rightly so. But perhaps we have a different idea of what proper manners should be, because to me there is no worse behaviour than to ignore somebody. Much worse than to miss saying “nh” or to type an expression of anger after a bad beat.

1 Like

:rofl:

Yes :slight_smile:

I do :slight_smile:

Me neither :slight_smile:

You should wait till we’re at the same table :slight_smile:

I agree 100%. I too value good manners. Picking a good sense of humor as the best trait in other players doesn’t cancel other qualities. It’s just my favorite quality in others at a table. And you already know that you’re my favorite player on here :wink:
And I love your sense of humor (along with all other great qualities).

1 Like

Thank you, Maya! I updated my fan list!
And now do update yours, because I certainly can return the compliment. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

C. No doubt. If I play with a skill player I do not care about good manners. In fact bad attitude from other players is a plus to beat them. If I am beaten by a nasty player this does not represent a problem. A good lesson for the future.

I would say skill, would be nice to have the others but u cant control or change the way someone behaves or acts or says at the table so we have to play with whoever is on the table and not get emotionally involved, which by the way is something u must learn over time in this great game, but u can change ur game and how u play to those players and their bets, so the bottom line is having skill to beat them is trully the only way to win the game regardless of their personality that u cant change on a computer.

I pick B

I like playing with good losers…

county29 said “I like playing with good losers…” I like that! Otherwise, I’m all into playing with skilled, aggressive (but not stupidly bingo-aggressive) players with a good sense of humor. But then again, let’s get real… In the real poker world, honing the ability to stay flatlined and play well at a table with one or more people you don’t like (for whatever reason) is a really important skill to learn. A really important skill. So while I don’t like playing with abusive or otherwise disagreeable people, if I find myself at a table here on Replay with people like that, sometimes I’ll stick around and work on that aspect of my game.

Then again, consider this… Deliberately being ornery/disagreeable might be part of someone’s game. Remember, anything you can do to throw off other players (short of angle shooting) is fair game. Poker isn’t about being fair. It’s about doing things that cause your opponent to make mistakes, and some players are very effective at putting people on tilt by way of their nasty attitude. So while I appreciate playing with sociable, skilled players, there’s something to be said about playing against opponents who don’t embody those qualities.

1 Like

Players that use skill and not just luck in going all in all the time. Players that will chat and be friendly makes a fun table.

1 Like

B and C

1 Like

I do appreciate when a player has good manners or be polite and kind (B)!! Also, I love meeting and chatting with these players (A)!!

I appreciate playing with those who display good manners. Not bluffing every hand or bidding others up constantly and not showing their cards. Not typing zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz if a person takes more than a second to consider their play, but on the other hand, not taking forever to consider a check. Not really here to make lifelong friends (we are all anonymous), but being polite and kind is always appreciated. I like playing with those who demonstrate skill, as I learn from them. Constant bluffers, especially two or three at a table, make play frustrating and I’ll quit the hand or spend all my chips to expose them. That is fun though. Thanks for replay poker. Helps me waste hours every day when I should be actually getting something done. Smile.

2 Likes