CONTEST - Late registration feedback

I would agree with Kin3pin–I’m also fine with late registration, but a time limit for brakes, given that tournaments are sort of a game of attrition in a sense.

Cuando eres un jugador asiduo y conociendo todas las oportunidades para ganar, siempre vamos a optar por el registro tardío, porque ya se eliminaron una gran parte de los jugadores esto es, un juego inicia con 100 participantes, en el transcurso del registro tardío son mas de 200, al terminar el registro están jugando alrededor de 140 / 150 jugadores, y es en los últimos minutos cuando mos registramos más jugadores, por supuesto tenemos más posibilidades de ganar un premio de acuerdo al porcentaje de oportunidad de ganar, 140 jugadores entre el numero de premios a repartir. Si se quitara esta “ventaja” todos tendríamos la misma oportunidad,
Por otro lado, cada uno conocemos el horario de los juegos en los que generalmente participamos, y hay momentos que por una razón u otra no llegamos a tiempo, la única oportunidad que tenemos es el registro tardío,
Así que mi opinión es de disminuir el tiempo de registro tardío y no eliminarlo. Desde mi punto de vista, es tiempo suficiente de 5 minutos para todos los torneos.

Translation : When you are a regular player and knowing all the opportunities to win, we will always opt for the late registration, because a large part of the players have already been eliminated, that is, a game starts with 100 participants, in the course of the late registration they are more of 200, at the end of the registration around 140/150 players are playing, and it is in the last minutes when we register the most players, of course we have the best chance of winning a prize according to the percentage of opportunity to win, 140 players among the number of prizes to be distributed. If this “advantage” were removed, we would all have the same opportunity,
On the other hand, we each know the hours of the games in which we generally participate, and there are times when for one reason or another we do not arrive on time, the only opportunity we have is late registration,
So my opinion is to decrease the late registration time and not remove it. From my point of view, it is 5 minutes enough time for all tournaments.

allow 5 minutes and be done!

5 minutes max. I will choose a tournament with a limited number of players only to see that number doubled or tripled after late registration. I don’t have 3 or 4 hours to sit at one time. Also, I would like to see more $50-$200000 Omaha tourneys during the day.

1 Like

I think that a 5 minute late registartion for ALL tournies is fair enough for everyone.
Have noticed that at turnies with 10 or 15 minutes LR more then 50% of the players register last minutes which is unfair for players registering from the start.
Thank you for taking my opinion into consideration.

1 Like

I’m fine with late registration, but 5 minutes max. I prefer a tournament with a limited number of players, but with 15mins late registration, the number is likely to double or tripled.
I’d more NL Omaha tournaments with more buying options. Prize pool of Omaha is not as attractive as NL Hold’em, I hope this can improve.

I think its good,15 min would be standard

1 Like

If it were up to me 5 minutes or first level of blinds. 10 minutes max. Anything over that is just to much. I often won’t join a tourney if it’s a 15 minute late registration.

1 Like

I don’t enjoy late registration and don’t think that it should be in the game. I think that their should be a different lobby where players can choose if they want late reg or not. Each player should know when there favorite tourney is and look for tourneys before hand. With late reg I can enter a tourney with 30 people and then play with 200, and then insanity pursues. If you plan on keeping late reg I would suggest the time is 5 mins or when the first levels of blinds are over.

1 Like

My vote would be for 5 min late registration limit. Bankroll Builder mainly. Would be OK if all were 5 min.

I’m not a big tourny player but with the way the table are running (all the glitzches) 15 minutes is cruel and inhumane treatment lol.

1 Like

I personally favor a 10-20 minute late registration window. 10-minutes for MTTs with a faster blinds schedule and 20-minutes for MTTs with a longer schedule. I play several MTTs a week on various sites and don’t feel late registration advantages or disadvantages either the late or early registrars. There are advantages and disadvantages to either position.

3 Likes

No late registrations is better, because the MTT schedule is published well in advance and players can plan their schedule accordingly.
Life in general is that you book something according to a date and time, if you are late for the departure time you miss it!!!

2 Likes

I believe late registrations should be limited to 5 minutes. That is enough time for anyone to join the tournament.

Penalties!
5 minutes late-100 chips off your stack
10 minutes late- 200 chips off your stack
15 minutes late- 300 chips off your stack

15 minutes max !

Just my humble opinion…

2 Likes

Late registration usually provides the opportunity for additional players to contribute to the prize pool. The most obvious exception to this is free roll MTTs. I’ve always seen this as the reason that late registration for free roll MTTs is limited to 5 minutes, fair enough. I often find myself rushing to beat the cutoff so I’d be disappointed to see the time period shortened. I can’t justify prioritizing poker when there’s half a dozen other tasks I need to handle so the argument that these MTTs start at the same time every day doesn’t really fly in my book. I prefer to play Omaha Hi/Lo so there’s already a relatively limited number of opportunities since those MTTs usually happen every other hour. I haven’t paid any attention to how I finish based upon starting late but, I definitely don’t mind missing out on all the chaos created by players who feel that taking an early lead is worth the risk of being eliminated within the first few hands. I’m going to be entirely honest here and admit that I am one of THOSE people who are seldom on-time to anything. Even worse, I don’t really care. If it’s critical for me to be there on-time, I’m early. If it’s a matter of formality and otherwise irrelevant, I’m not going to stress out and drive like a maniac to avoid walking in 2 minutes after starting time. This flippant attitude about punctuality has been brought to my attention many, many times. I’m fortunate to possess some uncommon virtues that motivate individuals, (like my boss), to tolerate my tardiness. In the typical scenario there has to be some kind of penalty or it’s not fair to the people who are always on time. (I don’t really believe this but it’s the way it is.) I’ve learned to be proactive in these situations by negotiating some kind of deal to buy tolerance. Donuts are a powerful tool in most of these negotiations! I think a similar strategy could be employed in the MTTs. Such as: Players have a 5 minute grace period to enter the MTT. After 5 minutes, the entry fee must include a 25% late fee. After 10 minutes, 40%. 15 minutes is the deadline. I’d be happy to pay the extra fee rather than wait 2 hours for the next Omaha Hi/Lo game. The extra fees could either be added to the prize pool or distributed in some other fun and creative manner. Maybe awarded to the person who finished just outside the bubble, provided they started on-time and met some kind of criteria for not sitting out. Perhaps a “Bad Beat” pool. I think that would be awesome! Donuts would be awesome too but, sadly, donuts just won’t work here!

1 Like

Like everything, late registration has useful purposes. Like everything, it can be abused. I suggest that we keep it simple: keep registration open until one or two levels have passed.

I’m okay with the late registration at any variety, and it depends on the day if I’m on time or early or late. I appreciate late registration when its a tourney I want to play and have time to get in. I think all the free tourneyments don’t need late registration, because you can preregister without penalty, whereas if I preregister with the cost of chips and can’t make it in time, I’m out my chips.

Another reason I like late registration is because the newbies who are “donks” usually jump in early and play “crazy” and hopefully get knocked out early by some brave souls and then I’m able to survive the donks 9/10 if I late register… on the other hand, if I were to start playing right out of the gate, I could catch some crazy donks with their crazy plays and I would be up some chips… but for some reason in the beginning, donks are ridiculously lucky… so if I want to stay in the game, I like to avoid playing with them…

1 Like

I haven’t played that many MTTs but in general I don’t like the late reg. There are so many MTTs being run that it doesn’t really feel as though it’s something you need to have. Missed registration? Sign up to the next one. If you’re already playing, it feels a little unfair if you had a bad couple of hands early and then someone just joins late and pushes you even further down the ladder. Also don’t like to see the prizes change (often reduced for individual places) as late joiners turn up.

If LR needs to stay, I’d vote to make it shorter (5m) and consistent across all tournaments. Or keep it for tournament types where there are fewer being run (Omaha?)

1 Like

Not a big fan of the late registration. However, if a late reg is going to still be in place, it should be a uniformed time across the board. 10 minutes sounds like a fair time.

1 Like