CONTEST - How skilled do you consider yourself to be?

Beginner
Don’t yet understand pot odds or any other odds.

LOL… I will make the popcorn !

2 Likes

interesting but tough question.
i agree on the people that mentioned it’s usually best for others to answer that.
but to answer teh question myself, it kinda depends if you interpretate it in skill compared to replaypoker, or compared to all poker players.
if it’s about replaypoker i think i choose B. but since it’s not specified i assume it’s a general conclusion.
so i have to pick C i think i have decent knowledge about the game, but poker is just such a really complicated game, i think there is way more to learn then i know right now. but it means i can still get a lot better as long as i try my best, which i defenitely will :slight_smile:

edit: why is my previous post flagged and removed?
it’s just a simple joke of a few words that means nothing special

2 Likes

I think I should be between amateur and seasoned.

Still lot of things to learn and I clearly need to practice again and again. But my level start to be decent.

1 Like

ok before reading any comments, for myself I have to say C, Ive played some players, and enjoyed them all, but for myself its C no dout I just see how the table is playing, oh ahh fizzy, get question lol.

1 Like

oh get over yourself LOL.

2 Likes

and remember I like butter on mine !!

2 Likes

Amateur. I can hold my own, but need more practice. Need to be more patient and impetuous.

2 Likes

For me personally I would say that you are a skilled player if you can consistently beat the games that you are playing - meaning that you are winning more chips than you’re losing over a large number of hands.

I will also leave this link here:

3 Likes

Boa noite a tds, sou um jogador compulsivo, tal qual o poker pra mim e um jogo que requer tecnicas especiais e sorte muita sorte.

1 Like

C Amateur. Although it has already been established that I’m a FISH! :wink:

1 Like

I wish I were higher than C, but that’s my honest assessment of myself at least on this site. I’m probably worse in live games! lol

no arguements here lol.

1 Like

I’ve been playing daily for about 3 months. I’m always learning more.

B … because I take lots of notes , which helps

4 Likes

Amateur. I no longer make “beginner” mistakes, and I win more than I lose, but I have a lot to learn. Any good player would completely destroy me.

1 Like

The question is very general. Each type of poker game or format requires a different set of skills. Players of MTTs, ring games or SnG’s could be more skilled at one than the other. Players of Hold’em, Omaha, Hi/Lo and Royal (and other formats) could be experts in some and amateurs in others.

I like to think of myself as somewhere between seasoned and expert in Omaha and Royal, somewhat seasoned in Hi/Lo, and somewhere between amateur and seasoned in Hold’em. This is based on my winning vs losing ratio, and how I place, mostly in MTTs (I very rarely play ring games or SnG’s).

2 Likes

I’m in the same boat as @WordWeaver, @yiazmat, @RobiBro and @puggywug… somewhere in between amateur and seasoned, probably much closer to amateur, but learning :slight_smile:

1 Like

I consider myself to be a seasoned player. The reason why I consider myself a seasoned player is because there are always new players coming in with their own skills , strategy and hand ranges. Every player is different as well as every situation. You’ll always be up against new opponents and situations at the table but you’ll also be up against players you’ve played before.

Over time you’ll see how players play and familiarize yourself with players you’ve played against multiple times whether it’s in ring games or tournaments. You learn and understand their strategy and take notes on them to prepare yourself to play against them again which ultimately gives you an advantage when playing against a player you’ve played before going forward.

-Marc

2 Likes

Oh I definitely consider myself to be amateur, my winning’s are not very high. I am always willing to learn more,