Chores I Loathe

Being an avid cook, grocery shopping used to be my favorite thing to do. Buying the freshest produce or discovering a new product, finding a good sale, chatting with people (small town), putting the groceries away and thinking about making dinner - all very satisfying.
But, then covid came along and shopping became a chore:( Walking thru one way isles, trying not to touch things unless you were taking it, no one talking (some not even making eye contact), wearing a mask and being breathless by the end of it, washing everything before putting it away. Three hours later and I didn’t even feel like cooking. Bought enough to last for weeks and went in between to replenish fresh produce. I was so happy when all that came to an end.
But, then the prices starting going up, and up, and up. Now everyone just walks along looking for sales stickers.
I suppose I shouldn’t complain as I know there are millions of people who dream about having anything at all to eat. Even here the food banks are overwhelmed and I try to buy extra for them.
Now, on to chores I really don’t like - washing the floors, the windows and the bathtub.

3 Likes