Cheating or not?

It suddenly dawned on me after watching that video that I’ve naturally been playing BTO strategy for ages :nerd_face:

1 Like

Some interesting points on the subject (no idea about this guy’s Klingon thing going on?)

1 Like

Nothing we already don’t know but I had I hard time concentrating with the head thing going on :wink:

I just watched the video with the question as to whether she took off the red ring, as has been alleged (was it a signaling device?).

She clearly does not. Several seconds after the hand is over, she fidgets with her rings, slaps her hand on the table then puts her hand under the table, and when she brings her hand back up you cannot see the red ring. But you can clearly see she is still wearing a ring and has just spun it around on her finger while her hand was under the table. A couple seconds later, she turns it back and you can see it’s the same ring. So much ado about nothing there.

But what I do see as suspicious is her reaction. She shows more nervousness than jubilation at winning. She doesn’t celebrate her win. She doesn’t so much as smile. He’s stunned, and yet she also seems to be. She makes a comment about another player looking like they want to kill her. After a few minutes of nervous chatter, she finally says, “I wasn’t playing the cards. I was playing you. Don’t let me play you.”

But her reaction makes me wonder if she feels like she went too far and is worried about being caught, versus being shocked that her hero call was correct (and you don’t call that pot unless you’re pretty damned sure).

I don’t know if she cheated or not. I don’t know how she cheated (if she had a signaling device, I assume she’d still need a confederate who could see the card cameras). I’d never heard of her before this. All I know is that her reactions seem strange to me, even before she gave back the money (an odd move, certainly–is she trying to head off an investigation?).

3 Likes

If she won fair and square, she should’ve just moved on. I think giving back the money is suspicious, and also a bad look if she didn’t do anything wrong. But, I really think she’s just a bad poker player and played a hand she shouldn’t have played and accidentally won.

2 Likes

I agree with everything you said and that is my assessment also. We shall see soon, investigation continues.

Her whole story and explanation of the whole hand is suspicious. Her giving back the money is very suspicious and likely a saving Grace for her not being banned from professional games in her mind because she knows what she did.

I’ve been telling people for days that she simply turned the ring around but obviously it gets drowned out in the frenzy of conspiracy theories (plausible and batshit crazy).
SOMETHING happened, we can all ‘gut feel’ it and it is obvious she is lying about certain things but the only definitive way to know is if there are confessions of others involved at the Hustler or they discover a breach and have some data points of communication between her, RIP and a 3rd party somewhere else.
Whatever comes out she will now be part of poker history and famous in the poker world.

1 Like

Yeah, I saw the ring turnaround - so she did not remove it as some have said.

I will say this, though - the “ring turn” itself was odd. She pushes the chair back a bit, puts her hand quite deliberately out of view for just a second, quickly performs this “ring turn” and then resumes her position at the table. It’s just odd - almost like the entire motion was done with the specific intent of turning that ring.

So from that, a couple of thoughts:

1. I’m making something out of nothing. Quite possible, sure. Maybe even quite likely.

or

1. She felt the sudden urge - for whatever reason - to try to discretely hide that big flashy red gemstone. Removing the ring would be too obvious - turning it, however, that’s quick and easy. Why? I don’t know - but a deliberate move like that for no other discernible reason than to rotate a ring just seems odd. So here’s where I put forth a theory even I don’t believe, but what the hell: If she was getting some kind of signal, it was through that gemstone (vibrating), and when this dispute started she panicked and pulled the rotation stunt to get it out of sight. I say panicked because all that move did was bring attention to the ring, not take it away. But panic like that in that kind of situation would not be unusual.
1 Like

That’s my take on it or perhaps she wanted to bring attention to the ring to take away from some other nefarious reason.

The investigation is taking a long time.

It seems like everyone has seen this footage.

But now let’s look at the other side for second - how did she play the other hands? If she was cheating through a vibrating device, shouldn’t there be a few other questionable plays? Plays that just seem like she knows something she shouldn’t? If there aren’t, it may just be that she made a really stupid play and got lucky. Was she short stack at the table? What were the blinds?

Looks like she tried to bluff him out of it, it failed when he put her all-in, and maybe she thought “hell with it - I’m living or dying on this hill, because if I lose this one I’m out soon enough anyway - and I think he’s bluffing, so BANZAI, MFR!!!” Not smart, but hey, we see stupid in poker all the time. And sometimes, stupid pays.

1 Like

She could have set him up for the “ big pot “.

1 Like

When you talk about other hands the J8 hand against Garrett (again) earlier was ‘off’ and looking back it feels like a first attempt that didn’t happen for some reason. Her betting and behaviour during the hand especially on the river is real weird and watch her look at RIP before she folds, she definitely got a signal.

1 Like

Jonathan Little posted a video of her playing other hands just as poorly as she did the one everyone is up and arms about. She had AA and didn’t raise which allowed LinLing to stay in a hand with her until Linling ended up with trips. She doesn’t know what she’s doing which made the hand in question look odd. Lots of players here in Replay play the same way. And yes, since she’s playing with real money she shouldn’t play this way, but she does. My feelings are that she’s just not good.

1 Like

Well we already know she’s not that good but is she not that good and got caught cheating also ?

Yes, just because she sucks at poker doesn’t give her an automatic out, maybe she sucks at cheating too?
Maybe she was specifically chosen to be a stooge as part of the scam because she is who she is? Maybe the plan all along was to train her up to get basic poker knowledge, target ‘all in’ Gerrard because he builds big bluff pots…we just don’t know but I would like to refer anyone to the timestamped J8 hand above and tell me there is nothing wrong with her behaviour especially her weird as hell look over to RIP before she folds and says to Garrett “I’ll let you have this one, I’ll get you later”…which she did.

1 Like

I don’t think it seems likely to be cheating at all; Little did a review of other hands she was in, and in general it didn’t seem likely that she’d take the lines she did if she was somehow getting info on what other people’s cards were.

I find it strange how quickly people are to make rather extreme suggestions without any real evidence. It reminds me of all of the folks on every poker site that seem to think that the cards are somehow magically getting dealt in a way that is designed to relieve them of their chips.

1 Like

Well we all know we can blame most of the hype on the media coverage and the rest of it on the player herself. More controversy fueled the fire with her giving the money back. It’s going to be an interesting chapter in her book. Did you ever think it was designed this way ? Everyone is entitled to their opinions and so the saga continues long after the official investigation is completed. Stay tuned.

Maybe she played poorly those hands because she wasn’t cheating. Little’s logic of ‘look she is playing so bad she couldn’t be cheating ergo she couldn’t have been cheating on the J4 hand’ is about as fuzzy logic as you can get…A scorpion has never stung me so am I to believe a scorpion never will and go mess with a scorpion?
There is something just wrong with the J8 and J4 hands and I will not change my mind until she is fully proven to just be a really awful poker player with an ego so big she wont admit she had no idea what she was doing calling an all in with a jack.

1 Like