Card Dead

Speaking of hand ranges would anyone like to share theirs? Click here for Forum Post

And then you go bluffing into a calling station with a missed straight draw and she calls with 3rd pair no kicker (Bounty Hunter MTT). LOL - shame on you :slight_smile:

Make a sticker and place it where the betting button is on your screen thatā€™s says ā€œFish donā€™t foldā€.

2 Likes

Lol

Yes indeed, rough day today and old habits are hard to break (sometimes you fall off the wagon, man Iā€™m thirsty).

3 Likes

I need another stickerā€¦
for the calling button, when you flop a straight and the other guy flops a flush and piles the money inā€¦ enough said.

2 Likes

Some more tips or notes to myself when card dead or playing in general in no special order:

1. Treat every hand as a new hand - This can be very difficult dwelling on past hands. When Iā€™ve missed the board and have not connected and finally wake up with a strong hand, Iā€™ll want to play it weak because of past experience of missing flops, instead I should play it as it is a brand new hand and try and get the best value I can.

2. Make the best of big hands - Try to maximize and get as much out of the hand as I can because it could be a while before I get another. I may get blasted for this one but I see many players on replay shoving all in pre flop with pocket aces (which I believe is a mistake unless you expect to get called), the reasoning I hear is because they donā€™t want them to get cracked but what if everyone folds? I prefer the regular 3x raise and if the board gets scary Iā€™ll try and take it down on the flop or try and pot control (as stated above) but I definitely want to get the most out of it I can. I wouldnā€™t slow play it to the point where Im going to get drawn out, but Im getting off topic I want to get the most out of the hand as possible and that comes with a trade off.

3. Realize there are downswings - Im going to lose a lot of tournaments, A LOT, but continue to play your best (easier said than done as noted by the sticker comments above :wink: thanks buddy :smiley: hahaha)

4. Donā€™t go against the grain - Ive done this many times trying to force the action with failed miserable results. Stay aggressive and pick spots well. I find myself trying to change the game forcing raises larger and larger when I see 6 or more callers consistently every hand. What I think I should do is play my normal game be patient wait for better cards 3x it and if everyone wants to call so be it (play the best I can).

5. Value Bluff - I like to value bluff as if I were trying to get value (as if I have the hand won, by betting a quarter of the pot) if it fails I donā€™t lose much but you have to have the table presence and against certain players this just wonā€™t work and timing is everything.

Mental tips for myself :smiley:

4 Likes

Deleted, no bearing on the post :wink:

Betting 250-300 preflop with pocket pair or AK is not really a bluff.

3 Likes

All in pre-flop on bullets is advice from a champion Hold-em player. Iā€™ve been doing that, but it breaks my heart to miss the chance to increase this potentially lucrative moment. Iā€™m going to slow back with my bullets and try to milk the table a bit more. Besides, someone at the table with an enormous chip stack is likely to raise my all-in and come out ahead anyway. Been there!

3 Likes