Calling with absolutely nothing?

Oh dear god(s) of your choice!

I actually thought we had a thread (not this one) for moaning and whining but apparently, to some people, all threads are the appropriate place to discuss “the curse”

Disclaimer in case of moderation: this is very carefully not directed at any one person or any set of circumstances. I simply observe and comment on the whole of the thread. Insults are like alcoholic drinks: one only gets affected if one accepts (aka “if the hat fits, then wear it”)

Kind Regards,
(milliner-in-chief)
TA

2 Likes

It’s not unrelated nor off-topic to the thread.

Obviosuly, the reason why it’s an absolute slam dunk must call to an all-in against me when you’re holding literally any two cards, 45o, T2o being prime examples, is that I can miss with AK and you can hit a pair of twos or fours and take my whole stack, and this happens regularly. The two hands at the top of this thread are absolutely exceptions to the rule. Not that 45o and T2o are ever ahead of much preflop, but against my all-in preflop, they will generally show very well on the river.

“The calculator” says I’m way ahead and should win about 70-80% of these, and “the reality” says that when the weather man says it’s a 20% chance of rain, I need to build an ark.

It’s fine; I just adjust my play and almost never go all-in preflop. I win hands enough to make a profit somehow or other. But you can’t play no limit and not be willing to shove preflop sometimes, especially when another player is getting away with murder and you have what should be a pretty good hand. So I do, and mostly I just double them up, repeatedly, because as we all know the coin that always lands heads is a fair coin too.

And that’s why these are all fine calls. If you’re never any worse than 20% to win the pot preflop, then when I put in an amount of chips that makes the pot odds better than 5:1 to call, you’re required to call. Even if you lose 4 out of 5, when you do hit that 1 out of 5, you’re going to pay for the 4 times you lost. Except against me, on this site, where you will win 4 out of 5.

Sure it sounds negative, but nevertheless that’s how it goes. I call it like I see it.

I’ll take you on.
Not for the chips but for the experiment.
Do you mean with auto refill after each hand otherwise the game would be over pretty quick…
I’ve found that with a lot of hands I should have stayed in the game with ‘bad hands’ and would have come out on top.

Are you chickening out?

@puggywug That’s why I only bet/raise for value now - pigeons on this site call EVERYTHING. One hand, it’s a 6-max tourney and I had As 5c - I raise it to 10x the BB and a station calls me. Board comes Ks 7c 5s - I bet half pot and the station calls. Turn is 3s - I jam to try and get the guy to fold and the station calls and turns over pocket Jacks. River is another spade giving me the nut flush and I say “nice call” to tilt the station and he goes ballistic - telling me I’m a chaser which is hilarious coming from a calling station pigeon :rofl: I’m never making that kind of play again because people on this site DON’T FOLD.

@puggywug This is how bad they are :rofl: :

@pokerking3344 I think @puggywug has left the building (at least for now).

Your two examples show how difficult it is to fold pocket pairs especially on a free chip site. I actually can see why everyone called in each example.

The Jacks hand I can get them calling (although I was repping pocket Kings or AK the way I was betting). The second hand there’s no way calling a shove and then a re-shove with 4 6 and 3 4 are justified under those circumstances.

Again, a free chip site.

Once they called the all-in amount, few will fold a re-raise on here.

Realize, if the pair of 9’s didn’t hit, you would’ve lost. And, that opponent had suited and a possible straight before the flop, I’m not saying I would have called preflop but again I can see why the others did.

They shouldn’t have called the first all in with those garbage hands in the first place lmao.

Who cares? I was 50%+ favorite in a four way pot when we got it all in - that’s what counts - getting the money in good against donks is EV+

[quote=“pokerking3344, post:30, topic:24573, full:true”]
They shouldn’t have called the first all in with those garbage hands in the first place lmao.
[/quote

these things are on the agenda here … look at this hand of a little while ago! And every day these incredible things happen, other than a strategy game … reset this server that is now showing its numbers

Mano #810853947