Best poker tip?

What is the best single poker tip you have ever had that you are willing to pass on to someone (me) struggling at poker?

1 Like

patience

3 Likes

You have been here for a short time and seem to be doing quite well, hmmmmm

3 Likes

I did rarely play here with only specific relatively good players (I could name 3-4 max) out of hundreds I played here. I’m pretty sure I’m the best player in this site (not a big achievement but I got from 3000 to 225M while played 27467 hands only.

2 Likes

play a lot less hands… and when you do play … win

3 Likes

with all due respect, I do remember how do you play HU…

1 Like

Do the math until you no longer need to do the math.

Work out the pot odds, odds of specific hands filling, how often a specific hand should win if it goes to showdown, implied odds to the extent that’s possible, and so on, and do this every single hand, whether you are in the hand or not.

And do it until it all becomes so second nature that you can do it without thinking about it at all. Spend the time saved on working out the best betting strategies for each common situation you will face.

As an added bonus, this will also make you much better at reading your opponent’s ranges.

6 Likes

Bankroll Management. Don’t bet over your head, bet with it…

6 Likes

thanks, i am trying my best right now with being patient just frustrated with slow progress and not knowing how to “kick on”. Reading some poker blogs etc so hopefully that helps. Love Replay Poker, people very friendly and helpful. Thanks for advice

4 Likes

thanks

2 Likes

Thanks everyone for their help, you are all great

1 Like

Amazing , from 3k chips to 225M in 3 months seems impossible but saw your profile and it’s true.

Never ever buy chips.
Get out when ahead.
Be wary of typical replay, will see hands not seen in real world.

1 Like

Not be tierd,be clear in the mind,be patient,dont lissend to â– â– â– â– â– â– â– ,belive in you,belive in the cards,read the peopel,be focused!!! fold fold fold hit win!!

2 Likes

There are actually three tips to aid a beginner. Be patient. Watch the table. Employ a playing strategy. See who is always betting or “buying the pot”. Be willing to fold a high straight or trips when two pairs are showing or four of the same suit or, depending on the players, sometimes three. If you have one card giving you a flush, and it’s a low card, don’t bet and call only a low bet. But also, while I don’t claim to be a top tier poker strategist, my game is to suck people in. I’ll raise and even call raises with nothing in my hand, and lose a few times to get people comfortable enough to match a large raise when I know I’ll win. Strategy and patience. The cards will always fall your way eventually. They will also go against you with quickness. Also, if you lose a big pot that you just knew you had and get pissed off, sit out the next game or two. No matter what. You can’t play angry. The trick is to not get sucked in to someone else’s game by worrying about whether they’re bluffing or not. That was the hardest thing for me to come to terms with, with online poker.

5 Likes

Start with as many freerolls as you can and build your bankroll before you move up and set aside 50 % of your chips not to ever touch. Use your winnings to play with. Bankroll Management is key also .

4 Likes

Journey to 1,000,000,000 and Farewell

Poker Strategy

great advice , thanks

70 to 80% of your Starting Hands WILL LOSE. Why would you want to bet on them ? In other words only play the Strongest Hands. If you don’t have a hand after the flop , do not bet any more. Learn the likely odds of a particular Hand occurring e.g four parts to a Flush at the Flop is a 33% chance of the Flush occurring by the River. Only play at the level of Blinds that you are comfortable with .Build up you Bank before going to a higher level. There are many more tips to go with , but these i have mentioned will give you a competitive and hopefully enjoyable experience at the tables.

1 Like

There’s no outsourcing of responsibility or blame for the fact that you’ve accumulated an extraordinarily terrible 120,000 chips in nearly seven years. A bad workman blames his tools. A bad player blames the cards, the referee, the dealer, bad luck, anything and anyone but himself.

3 Likes