Bankroll Builder Mayhem

I played in a Bankroll Builder 500+R. It should be called The Bingo All In Fest LMAO

Won’t register again for that type of MTT :ghost:

1 Like

lol, try playing for a bigger BI, much less bingo there and much more good players.

3 Likes

The 500R Tourney has become my favorite, but I understand the chagrin people feel on the
first encounter…

I don’t like the ‘bingo’ aspect to it either, but I have developed some ways to work around
it when it occurs…

The bingo players rarely stick around for very long, although I did see a guy get ko’d 7 times
before he finally bailed out…

For what it’s worth if you can hang in there past the first break conditions do normalize
once people realize they can’t re-buy anymore…

I’d advise anybody who wants to keep at it to keep track of their game-expenses so
you know where you have to finish to recoup…

2 Likes

I think the bingo part is a smart strategy when playing rebuy. It stops at a certain point and the game evolves into
“normal” Replay Poker.

2 Likes

PS… Having played the tournament now, probably, way over 100 times, I believe I have developed
a fairly good ‘working strategy for most’ to make one’s participation enjoyable on most days…

No guarantees, but while it wouldn’t be “Book-Length” it certainly could easily be “Pamphlet-
Sized” so I couldn’t go into a lot of detail here… Suffice it to say I finish “In the money” well over
40% of the time, and recommend considering one take the time to get to know the tourney
before giving up on it…

A couple of “Tips” - 1) Watch the clock in the first segment, especially after getting your ‘stack’
into double figures (10K or more…) which will provide a sense of “Chip Health” when the
“Real Tourney” begins After the break, AND once you’ve got your stack KILL CLOCK as much
as you possibly can, and try real hard NOT to play any more hands…

As an example there - I Really Did Fold AA pre-flop once - when the betting got ridiculous -
“STACK PRESERVATION” being my primary motivator there…

For the record, as far as I know, AA doesn’t always win after the flop - lol… I looked it up,
btw, and you should, too…

Shuffle up, and deal…

3 Likes

“I think the bingo part is a smart strategy when playing rebuy. It stops at a certain point
and the game evolves into “normal” Replay Poker.”

Fascinating… LOL…

You’ll get no argument from me, although I don’t see the logic of a player I saw
recently who went all with his (and it is always a male - women have way more
sense in my experience (lol) 16K in chips - he had crap and lost it all with just
about minutes remaining in that first segment…

BECAUSE HE DIDN’T KNOW WHEN TO STOP…

There’s no justification for silliness, be you 12 or 32…

And, speaking of “12” that’s the age I associate with this ‘line of reasoning’…

And, anybody who pursues this strategy ought to have to prove they really
aren’t 12 years old…

3 Likes

@ZZ_Tilt ,

Former thread might help you for this style of MTT.
http://forums.replaypoker.com/t/unlim-rebuys-for-dummies

Any “unlim rebuy” period usually encourages “Smart Bingo” to played.

3 Likes

Thanks, that’s a good read.

1 Like

No problem ZZ, hope it help’d

1 Like

it is just a lot of fun to break away from the serious games

There is no point playing BB builder with rebuys. The all in merchants go all in all the time. If you knock them down, they keep re-buying. It is impossible to have a proper contest. I suggest pre flop bids should be limited to the large blind. This would even up the odds and give everyone a fair chance.

Wow, that kinda invalidates my life…

“Wow, that kinda invalidates my life…”

Fortunately, it only ‘kinda’ affects you… Which is as it should be…

Meanwhile, try this one on for size:

“Life’s too short to be taken seriously” …

And, oh by the way, Good Lord Willin’, as they say, we all grow up
eventually, whether we like it or not… … :>))) …