Badonk's Donks Stables

NEW NOMINEE
bbrownie (ranked 2290) has been nominated by chuckcox to be the newest member of our Bronze Donks League.
As usual, if an existing member knows of any reason why this nominee should not be inducted into our league, please message me or post here in our Stables. Otherwise, they will be inducted in time to play in their first league tournament on November 13.
It is still not too late to nominate a qualified Replay friend to join our 3rd tier before we start our waiting list. Just ask them to post here or send a friend request.
If any other Replay player is interested in learning more about our league, post here or send a friend request to Badonkidonk.

NEW NOMINEE
yud76 (ranked 2701) has been nominated by chuckcox to be the newest member of our Bronze Donks League.
As usual, if an existing member knows of any reason why this nominee should not be inducted into our league, please message me or post here in our Stables. Otherwise, they will be inducted in time to play in their first league tournament on November 17.
It is still not too late to nominate a qualified Replay friend to join our 3rd tier before we start our waiting list. Just ask them to post here or send a friend request.
If any other Replay player is interested in learning more about our league, post here or send a friend request to Badonkidonk.

TEAM UPDATE! 4 Donks played in a league challenge warm-up game today: boyd2, MCcats, ThomasCSS and ChicagoSerbs. 3 made the final table: Thomas WON IT and ChicagoSerbs came in 3rd! Points are assigned to the top 10 finishers - so I think we have the win! GO DONKS!

2 Likes

TEAM POKER
Congratulations to all the participants of our amazing Donks Team. Keep up the great play!
BTW if any other Donks are available at 4pm ET on Saturday, you can watch and cheer them on…just no coaching.
GO DONKS!!!

LEADERBOARD UPDATES AFTER THE PLAY ON NOVEMBER 13, 2019
(Click on the bold blue lettering below to view all 3 leaderboards for that league)
GOLDEN DONKS - BADONK’S MTT CLXXXIV

SILVER DONKS - BADONK’S MTT CLXXXV

BRONZE DONKS - BADONK’S MTT CLXXXVI

CONGRATULATIONS TEAM DONKS! WE WON OUR FIRST LEAGUE CHALLENGE MATCH TODAY (11/16). Theweasle and BRICK52 finished first/second (the last two left) and Tomkat287 made the final table - so the 3 of them brought in the points. Everyone else played a great game! ThomasCSS, ChicagoSerbs, boyd2 and MCcats. We’re still getting used to the format (playing to help teammates get chips if they are short stacked) - but used good strategy along with good poker! Well Done. GO DONKS! (We need a fight song if anyone wants to write one…) MCcats, Captain

1 Like

The Final score was Donks 21, Partisans 19 and Amusement 15 - a very close game indeed, in fact with 4 players left the scores were tied.

CONGRATULATIONS DONKS, bring on next week.

GO DONKS!!!

Just want to apologize for walking away in the middle of the tourny tonight. Was super eager to eat my dinner! GL to every1.
XP

Sunday 11/17: 23rd/31.

I won a great hand early on when I had Q9, flopped a straight draw, 78T, filled it on the Turn, Jack, the player behind me goes all-in having hit a 7-J straight, having a 9 in his pocket, and I called having an 8-Q straight, eliminated him, and doubled up to 2nd on the leaderboard.

From there it was 2-3 consecutive disasters that chopped me back down to my starting stack plus a couple hundred, and I just don’t feel like playing poker anymore, because this is the pattern I’ve run for the last week: instantly get a big stack, then go card dead or run into setups, bad rivers, and coolers the rest of the night, trying to hold onto my chips, but always losing the big hands.

So I just said to hell with it, and announced to the table that I was done winning hands, and would be playing shove or fold here on out, since the only way I can seem to win a hand is if the table folds to me, never on a showdown, and if I got lucky somehow and doubled up again, I’d revert back to playing normal and if I lose, I lose, and the sooner the better.

I shove T7, no one calls. I shove ATs, no one calls. I shove JJ, a small stack calls with AQ, flops Queens, and cuts me down another 1/3 of my stack, down to 4500 chips. In the BB, I limp, holding 85, and flop bottom pair, 55s, on a board with an Ace on it. I’m about 99% sure that the big stack will call no matter what, and I’m about 80% sure he has an Ace, and sure enough, I shove, he calls, he has AJ, and I’m mercifully done with my night. I mean, honestly, if I’m playing shove or fold, I should have just folded, even with no pressure, but I thought, hey, I’ll see a flop with my 85o, and if I hit any part of it, no matter what the board texture is, I’m going all-in, and we’ll see what happens. Anyone else, would have run the board out to quad 5555s, but since it’s me, I just get to see the big stack’s Ace take all my chips away, which is what I expected, and what I wanted.

I could have tried to play poker and gotten really upset when trying my best still didn’t win me any hands, but I’m glad that I ruined my game and drove off a cliff early instead.

I can play great poker, but psychologically, I’m not cut out for it. I care about the outcome of a hand, and when I lose a hand I think i should have won, I just proceed to piss away chips, throwing huge handfuls of them out the window. If I win, I feel good for a short amount of time, and when I lose, I get irrationally enraged to the point where I feel like I’m going to bust a gut, and I can’t take it anymore, so rather than do that, I just give up and quit really trying, and try to go bust instead.

I can’t play right now, and maybe I can’t play anymore. I’m definitely not enjoying the game, and I don’t want to play it. I want to get chips for betting big, and it doesn’t work that way. The only way I win a hand anymore is if I flop the nuts, about 1-in-1000 to 1-in-10000, or if I get the table to fold, which happens about 1-in-3, and the rest of the time I either fold knowing I can’t win the hand, or I bet thinking I can win it and get beat by a better hand, or I bet thinking I can take down the pot, and someone calls with literally any hand at all, and wins it.

I raise big cards and see 7-high flops and someone played a weak broadway card and hit a pair, so now is unfoldable, and the board runs out to maybe 9-high, and I lose whatever I threw in on the preflop raise, plus whatever I tried to intimidate the villain to fold their weak pair with. It’s not like I could ever have a made hand like a pocket pair. But oh, when I do, someone always has a better pocket pair, or hits a straight or a flush, because that’s how poker goes.

I won 1.25M in last Sunday’s game, and spent Wed-Thurs-Fri blowing through 1.5M in buy-ins on futile games, fully 6 of which I had over half the chips at the table on some huge early windfall pot that I won brilliantly, only to go card dead and run into coolers and bad rivers and exit before the bubble, winning 0 chips.

So I guess I’m going to quit playing any regular games during the week, show up for league games and play as well as I can until I lose a single big hand, and then give up and bust in the high 20s, or else go deep, but really, you can’t go deep when you’re mindset for the game is to be deliberately psychologically fragile.

But I’m just not loving the game right now, and I’m pretty sick of it for now. I don’t know if or when I’ll truly be “back” but I think my year+ run of seeing if I can play a good game of poker is close to done.

Very sorry to hear this. We all go thru this I think. I have lost hands that I should have won and it drives me crazy. Other times the loss makes sense if I played the hand wrong. Keep cool it will turn around. The people are great.

1 Like

LEADERBOARD UPDATES AFTER THE PLAY ON NOVEMBER 17, 2019
(Click on the bold blue lettering below to view all 3 leaderboards for that league)
GOLDEN DONKS - BADONK’S MTT CLXXXVII

SILVER DONKS - BADONK’S MTT CLXXXVIII

BRONZE DONKS - BADONK’S MTT CLXXXIX

I’m sorry to hear this puggywug, I have played with you a few times and you are a great player. Don’t be so hard on yourself and just enjoy playing with great people doing your best all the time. We all have bad and good days in every aspect of life. I hope you will continue to play and have fun!

I echo Boyds comments. Although you’re one of the very few I haven’t played against, don’t be so hard on yourself. You wouldn’t be in this league if you weren’t a very good player. I just went through a horrible week and a half where I lost about 4.5 mil. But I know things will turn around because I know I can play against anyone. Same goes for you from what I hear. You simply can’t win or cash in every tournament. It’s that simple. You can only play to the very best of your abilility and things WILL change. “Bad beats” are just that…bad beats. They happen to everyone. Gotta put it on the back burner and go on to the next tourney. Things will turn around for you. We all go though it. Keep playing and I hope to one day play against you. The very best of luck yo you.

I appreciate the kind words from everyone. I know I’m a good player. That’s not the issue. I can handle losing a hand, or a game, and I know I’m not going to finish in the money every game. I’m just burned out on the game right now. The thing I’m not handling well is the long slides, the ones that go on for 10+ games in a row, especially when I absolutely should have won a few of them. I’ve gotten to where I get so upset that I feel physically ill, and it’s not a good place to be. I definitely need to take a break, and re-center, and figure out whether I can really play at the level I want to. If I can level out and play consistent, or if I can improve my game, then it’s OK for me to keep playing. If I win primarily through luck, and go on long slides and can’t control myself from going on tilt, then it’s not.

I have other things that I need to spend time on in the near term, through the end of the calendar year, but I’ll continue to show up for these league tournaments. I just am going to cut out the 20-30 SNGs/week, and not worry about growing my bankroll for a while.

1 Like

Tonight, I finished 4th/30, and took my 4th chip win in the Golden tier. I played a lot better in this game, not really the bet/fold decisions, but my emotions were running a bit more evenly. I had the fortune of taking down a big pot on the first hand, and KO’ing the first player to bust, @elanoftroy, very early on, which gave me a great advantage through the first hour. I lost one big hand, trying to KO my second player, @Theweasle, who ended up filling a straight to come from behind against my trips. But I worked my way back, eventually returning to the top of the leaderboard, and stayed the top 4 for most of the rest of the game, right up until final table. After the first two players at the final table busted, I tried raising with QJ, got shoved on by @Goldiebear11, holding AK; I called, and went bye bye. It was a bad decision to call the shove, but the player who was shoving on me, had been the small stack from early on, and had been shoving pretty frequently, although by the time I was willing to call them, they had built it up to a bigger stack than mine, so I didn’t necessarily put them on a great hand like they did, and I really should have. Goldiebear11 ended up finishing 3rd, and the final two are still playing. Having done well, I obviously enjoyed this one better than my Sunday night game. I’m still running horrendously bad at the SNG tables, with a lot of bad luck, seeing many, many hands in a row without hitting the board at all, and it’s still wearing me down, although my attitude toward it is a bit better than it was earlier in the week.

LEADERBOARD UPDATES AFTER THE PLAY ON NOVEMBER 20, 2019
GOLDEN DONKS - BADONK’S MTT CXC

SILVER DONKS - BADONK’S MTT CXCI

BRONZE DONKS - BADONK’S MTT CXCII

NEW NOMINEE
tgorms (ranked 1340) has been nominated by chuckcox to be the newest member of our Bronze Donks League.
As usual, if an existing member knows of any reason why this nominee should not be inducted into our league, please message me or post here in our Stables. Otherwise, they will be inducted in time to play in their first league tournament on November 27.

i knew you;d make the final table,and glad u did.don’t underestimate “goldiebear”.he;s a strong opponent(and lucky). stop me a few times.stay calm and things usually come your way.,but we all don,t get that “special” seat we r looking for all the time.look @ the big picture and be more confident and you and me will be much better players!!!have fun, as always, and g/l @ the tables!!:slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks, Weasle.