Badonk's Donks Stables

if you change the tourn start time I will captain the bronze team

7 ET wud be fine

or even 6 ET or 6.30 ET

Sorry Tomcat75, but if we start at 6 ET it will be 11pm UK which is too late for all the UK/Euro players (and there are a few).

1 Like

NEW NOMINEE
Check out this recruiting story. On April 16, we sent a friend request to xxxsas. We got no response. So on May 29, we sent another friend request, got an acceptance and sent an invitation to join our league. We got no reply until almost 6 months later when xxxsas (ranked 1105) finally accepted the invitation and has been nominated to be the newest member of our Bronze Donks League. Awesome.
As usual, if an existing member knows of any reason why this nominee should not be inducted into our league, please message me or post here in our Stables. Otherwise, they will be inducted in time to play in their first league tournament on November 10.
It is still not too late to nominate a qualified RP friend to join our new 3rd tier before we start our waiting list. Just ask them to post here or send a friend request.
If any other RP player is interested in learning more about our league, post here or send a friend request to Badonkidonk.

Flashlight

I don’t understand why this would be a problem for us Euro Donks as these are close to the times you have us playing league games.

11pm (6ET) is late for us however it works…at present your Sunday games are infact 12am (7ET) for us and Wednesday its actually 2am (9ET) starts for us in UK.

the only problem I have is the league matches on a Wednesday like I said are 2am so ive decided if I cant continue to play Wednesdays I will concentrate on the Sunday league.

im going to set my alarm for tonights/mornings game again for 1.45am so u saying 6ET and 11pm start times for us Euro Donks makes no sense.

I understand I am a minority and I also understand I will miss our on the team league play and Wednesdays in the future.

I love this league and will do everything I can to compete where I can but please saying its too late for us when the start time would be earlier really doesn’t make sense

Thanks

T.C

Flashlight I am trying to find the practice site you spoke of in my e mail can you help please.

REPLY TO BOYD2

That may explain why there are very few Euros in the Donks’ League Tom. Unfortunately not all Euro players are night owls.

Out 25th tonight, on purpose, and I apologize to the league for my foul mood and language.

I started out great, then got AK, flopped 2 pair, and ruined myself shoving into a set of Queens on the Turn like an amateur.

Earlier tonight, my warmup game got ruined, I’d played the table supremely well, and had over 16000 chips in front of me when I got into a hand and got beat bad, A9 under AT, both of us betting top pair, and then AT hitting Tens full just to make it official. The next hand I got into with the player who won that hand, I had flopped a pair on a flush board, and bet half-pot, and got raised pot-sized by the player, who had the flush. I somehow accidentally hit call, and gave him an extra 4800 chips he wasn’t going to get out of me, and then dumped the hand on the next street to no pressure. After that, I had to play shove or fold and lucked into 2nd place, before ruining myself on TT to finish 3rd.

So, I’m back to being on mega angry mode, and will go on to lose another 2 million chips tonight, like I did from Thursday to Sunday last week, and there’s no stopping me. Lose one hand, and I’ll just throw away the rest of my stack in anger. Enjoy beating me until I come to my senses.

I’m over in Astral League for the rest of the night if anyone decides they want to beat up on me. Have at it.

Set my alarm for 1.45am no problem up and ready to go…so I try to log on

my internet access caput doesn’t let me online til now 2.35am by this time I was already out of the tournament in 15th place!!!

I cant believe it :frowning: will have to wait til Sunday now :frowning:

That sucks! Internet outages are the worst!

Mr Flashlight

I only became this night owl as you call me because I want to get involved in this league im enjoying.

I wasn’t a night owl beforehand

im trying to fit this league into my very busy schedule of my life

I go to bed usually at 10.30pm get up at 5am to get ready for work which commences usually for me at around 6.30am today I start 8.30am as I switched my start time with work to try and get an extra couple of hours to fit in the poker game I didn’t manage to play last night.

my working day usually finishes at around 9pm so my usual day is 6.30am-9pm

I get home and to relax I play this poker game.

this league has made this poker game even more enjoyable to me

so to ask if a game time gets moved to a slightly easier time for me is hopefully not rude of me

im happy to stay up on Sundays (12am) and fit my work into that…and was happy to set my alarm for Wednesdays…these leage games I have no problems with…like I said now I think I will only be able to concentrate on Sundays which ive known for a while now but still tried to fit some Wednesdays in too with me being off work recently and last night.

The league play I would have loved to get involved but like stated 4ET is no good for me which is the reason I haven’t joined up.

I would have loved to represent the league as im proud to be a Donk even a bronze one struggling to get to his silver goal at present LOL.

had it been 6ET happy days…but us Euro Donks are trying to fit in

And im loving it (I hope me asking to change these times hasn’t in any way shape or form offended you) the night owl comment suggests that it may have offended?

this league is superbly run by you guys and im happy to fit in any way ican

thanks

T.C

Tom, your dedication to The Donks league is Epic, I really mean that and I totally agree that badonkidonk and his team do a fantastic job. I can’t take any credit for that, I’m just a player like you except that I’ve got involved in the Leagues Team Challenge. My night owl comment was in no way intended to be offensive and I genuinely hope you don’t take it that way. I absolutely admire your dedication.

LEADERBOARD UPDATES AFTER THE PLAY ON NOVEMBER 6, 2019
(Click on the bold blue lettering below to view all 3 leaderboards for that league)

GOLDEN DONKS - BADONK’S MTT CLXXVIII

SILVER DONKS - BADONK’S MTT CLXXIX

BRONZE DONKS - BADONK’S MTT CLXXX

LEADERBOARD UPDATES AFTER THE PLAY ON NOVEMBER 10, 2019
(Click on the bold blue lettering below to view all 3 leaderboards for that league)

GOLDEN DONKS - BADONK’S MTT CLXXXI

SILVER DONKS - BADONK’S MTT CLXXXII

BRONZE DONKS - BADONK’S MTT CLXXXIII

Winning tonight’s tournament was quite a feat of concentration and extreme luck.

I didn’t get a good hand for the first 45 minutes and the two playable hands I did play got rivered and cost me a lot of chips, which put me in a pessimistic mood early on, but I hit a full house and doubled up, and from there held my stack, grew it, and stayed near or at the top of the leaderboard until the final table.

Final table was especially tough, but I had a few phenomenally lucky hands, I think 4 altogether, that hit for me for huge pots and won the whole thing.

I took a big pot from @-BlackWidow-, a special thrill. The small stacks were shoving their chips all-in quite a bit on the final table, and didn’t want to get shoved off a smaller open, so I shoved a suited weak King, hoping to steal the blinds to keep my stack up, when they called with QQ, and I flopped KK55 to double up and put myself in a much better position to play out the table. But mostly I folded many hands in my range, that just weren’t good enough for me to risk my tournament life on, and I knew that whatever I played, it would need to have good showdown value, and I couldn’t just trust that I could let my stack get me out of bad hands. It turned out to be a good strategy, but one that still required some incredibly lucky turns and rivers for me to win with.

I had the great fortune of being underestimated by @BRICK52. who couldn’t believe I had an Ace, calling with a pair of 7s when I hit trip Aces and went all-in, late in the game.

I also knocked out @Dendit, QJ making a 9-K straight to overcome their KK hitting a set, to make it heads-up.

Heads-up with @BRICK52 was an up and down affair, I came in slightly up in chips having KO’d the #3 and #4 finishers. It didn’t start out very well. I had a pair of pocket 99s, and bet on a low flop, he shoved, I called, and he hit a straight, 2-6, and we traded stacks. I didn’t figure I’d last very long against him after that, so I became a bit looser, and more fatalistic. I came back strong with a pair of Queens to double up, then I tried to steal the blinds with Q9s, got a call instead, but it set up a perfect storm as I flopped two pair, QQ99, while he made top pair, Aces, and I shoved, he called, and swapped our stacks again. Some hands later, I was ready to put him away, or so I thought, and raised him with KT, he shoved back on J9, paired the Jack while I missed the board, and doubled up, while I still had a nearly 2:1 stack advantage after that, it made him much more of a threat than before. We ended the game when he shoved ATo into my A6s, I called, and the board ran out a backdoor flush to save me.

NEW NOMINEE
bbrownie (ranked 2290) has been nominated by chuckcox to be the newest member of our Bronze Donks League.
As usual, if an existing member knows of any reason why this nominee should not be inducted into our league, please message me or post here in our Stables. Otherwise, they will be inducted in time to play in their first league tournament on November 13.
It is still not too late to nominate a qualified Replay friend to join our 3rd tier before we start our waiting list. Just ask them to post here or send a friend request.
If any other Replay player is interested in learning more about our league, post here or send a friend request to Badonkidonk.

NEW NOMINEE
yud76 (ranked 2701) has been nominated by chuckcox to be the newest member of our Bronze Donks League.
As usual, if an existing member knows of any reason why this nominee should not be inducted into our league, please message me or post here in our Stables. Otherwise, they will be inducted in time to play in their first league tournament on November 17.
It is still not too late to nominate a qualified Replay friend to join our 3rd tier before we start our waiting list. Just ask them to post here or send a friend request.
If any other Replay player is interested in learning more about our league, post here or send a friend request to Badonkidonk.

TEAM UPDATE! 4 Donks played in a league challenge warm-up game today: boyd2, MCcats, ThomasCSS and ChicagoSerbs. 3 made the final table: Thomas WON IT and ChicagoSerbs came in 3rd! Points are assigned to the top 10 finishers - so I think we have the win! GO DONKS!

2 Likes

TEAM POKER
Congratulations to all the participants of our amazing Donks Team. Keep up the great play!
BTW if any other Donks are available at 4pm ET on Saturday, you can watch and cheer them on…just no coaching.
GO DONKS!!!

LEADERBOARD UPDATES AFTER THE PLAY ON NOVEMBER 13, 2019
GOLDEN DONKS - BADONK’S MTT CLXXXIV

SILVER DONKS - BADONK’S MTT CLXXXV

BRONZE DONKS - BADONK’S MTT CLXXXVI