Badonk's Donks Stables

TYTY

1 Like

LEADERBOARD UPDATES AFTER TOURNAMENTS HELD ON JULY 19, 2020
To view the Final leaderboards for this league, first click on that league’s bold blue lettering below.
Then click on the LeaderBoard tab at the bottom of that screen.

GOLDEN DONKS - Badonk’s MTT 357 - Participation: 81%

SILVER DONKS - Badonk’s MTT 358 - Participation: 59%.

HEE HAWL OF FAME - Badonk’s MTT 354

2 Likes

WHEN WILL WE START A 3rd TIER FOR OUR LEAGUE?

The short answer? Not until we are forced to.
So skip to the next post from another Donk unless you want the details.

A recent post about a 3rd tier has caused more Donks to post about this subject. This in turn, has caused a rumor that it will happen soon. It will not. It may never. The contributing factors are many, including participation, recruiting. advancement, and tournament run time. None of these factors alone will ultimately determine when there is a need for a 3rd tier, if ever. That will only be determined by the demands of our Donks membership.
So skip to the next post from another Donk unless you want even more details.

Here is a sampling of questions and answers from my private messages on the subject.

1. Isn’t the earlier Wednesday tournament going to be a new 3rd tier?
    The earlier tournament is not a 3rd tier, but instead just another regular weekly tournament for the 2 existing tiers. It will be open to all our Golden and Silver Donks, but it is being offered at a time which is more convenient for our Euro friends. And remember that the earlier tournament is only a test to determine the demand.

2. Can a higher participation rate in the Silver tier force us to expand?
    It is a contributing factor, but the participation rate has only an indirect bearing.

3. If we recruit too many members, could we be forced to expand?
    The number of Donks that we are recruiting into our Silver tier is not a problem at this time. We like new recruiters and their nominees and want more of both.

4. Since we are no longer relegating Donks from the bottom of the Golden tier leaderboard to the Silver tier each quarter, won’t our Golden tier eventually grow too large?
    Yes, the number of Silver Donks who advance to the Golden tier and their participation rate is more of a factor, because more entries generally means a longer tournament.

5. Our tournaments are averaging almost 2.5 hours. Is that too long?
    We believe that based on the consensus of the membership, 2.5 hours is about the maximum desirable time.

6. So then we’ll expand when the tournaments consistently average longer than 2.5 hours?
    Actually, that’s not the most important factor that will determine when we will be forced to expand. Instead, we’ll be forced to expand when our Donks tell us that the quality of play at the final table has deteriorated too much.

7. What do you mean?
    The mission of the Donks League has always been to provide a place where we can all improve our poker skills by playing in higher quality tournaments. As we continue to have more and more entries into our tournaments for various reasons, it will take more time to reach the final table. This means that when we get there, the blinds will be higher which will create more all-in or fold situations and that will impact the quality of play.

8. What can be done to prevent or delay the deterioration of the quality of play at the final table?
    We could adjust our tournament structure.

9. They say, “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.”
    It may be working fine now, but as the quality of play deteriorates, we may want to consider making a few tweaks.

10. But what if we over-adjust the structure?
    That is a reasonable concern, and that’s why we’ll be testing different tournament structures by tweaking it in the earlier tournament when it starts on July 29. We’re opening up the earlier tournament to all our current Donks, because we’d like 30 - 35 players in both the Golden and Silver tier tournaments starting on July 29. That would make them better tests.

11. So bottom line, there is no plan or schedule to start a 3rd tier?
    There is no schedule, but we are starting to prepare plans to be ready for it, if and when our members demand it.

I’m inviting more posts and private messages for more factors, disagreements or suggestions, because this is the only way I can learn what you want.

3 Likes

Is puggy your speech writer bado? :slight_smile:

Actually that is very enlightening, thank you.

1 Like

The International Team Cup season 1 ends in a month.

The first season has been a great success, enjoyed by all.

Would you like to enter a team ?

Season 1 ran for 16 weeks with 8 teams. We have room for 6 more teams in Season 2.

For all details and to see season 1 results so far please click here

1 Like

LEADERBOARD UPDATES AFTER TOURNAMENTS HELD ON JULY 20, 2020
To view the Final leaderboards for this league, first click on that league’s bold blue lettering below.
Then click on the LeaderBoard tab at the bottom of that screen.

GOLDEN DONKS - Badonk’s MTT 357 - Participation: 81%

SILVER DONKS - Badonk’s MTT 358 - Participation: 59%.

HEE HAWL OF FAME - Badonk’s MTT 359

Hand of the game: pokerrick’s KK, my JJ, and an AAAQJ board. I just can’t win.
https://www.replaypoker.com/hand/replay/631492878

Uh oh. We may be in for some big trouble now. We’re starting to get puggywug editorials along with the tournament results posts.
:smiley:

I’ll keep the commentary very light, but if I see an amazing hand that deserves to be replayed, I don’t think it’s such a bad thing to share it. I can’t believe how that flop came down trip Aces to give us both full houses, and then my only outs were filling backdoor quad Jacks. I was just one pip away from doing it, if the Turn had been a J instead of a Q that would have been hand of the year probably.

1 Like

hey, rick, pug and badonk 1-2-3. Shocking, no?

by the way Pug…if rick had AK instead of KK and you hit your quad jacks…THAT would have been quite the tale. Congrats to all three of you.

2 Likes

Trivia
Who currently has the most chips in the Replay Kingdom? And how many chips do they have? Our Donk-mate, @Dorkupine has 6,090,049,016 Replay chips. Does anybody know someone who has more than that?

Yes, but I give hundreds of millions of chips to charity every week. it’s called poker.

1 Like

There’s probably some idiot player with a lot more.

2 Likes

https://www.replaypoker.com/toplists

1 Like

HA!! It looks as though LadyCon may have found 9!

Well, on a site where you can buy chips, what does it really mean?

I’d bet Dorky Donk is better than those others.

1 Like

This is one of the main reasons for the 2nd tier.
It might be possible to buy your way into the 2nd tier,
but it takes a lot of luck (and a little skill) to get into the 1st tier.

1 Like

I might be naive or just an idiot, but why would anyone buy chips? I mean, maybe someone might buy 50,000 chips to get started, but people buy millions and millions? To what end?

it’s a concept I can’t quite grasp. But probably more people do it than I realize. Well, as they say, to each their own.

Some people have more dollars than sense. Others want to support the site’s operations in some sort of misguided notion that keeping it operating is somehow good for everyone. I don’t quite get it myself.

1 Like

It probably means I play too much.

1 Like