Badonk's Donks Stables Social Chat

I actually just took @12beat22 lead as he had done before so why exactly should I not have recognized @Josianne and @welshterrier for their play as John had done before??

Not considering whom it would affect … yea it made the folks that were recognized feel good … u have a problem with that??

How would acknowledging a few members be getting at BW?? Think about that … What does that mean … ha

Wow!! All this seems to center around DOTM and @Goatsoup for his “Ploy” to goad BW. I’ve been here for quite a while and when I recognized many, many members for their, accomplishments, their contributions to the league and the type of person I believed them to be, I was applauded by many of you. I awarded DOTM for 4 months and I awarded it for what that member did THAT month. Now it’s obvious the criteria has changed as those who are awarded it now, and they are deserving, it’s for what you’ve done during your entire stay in Donks. I was awarded it for that same reason, NOT what I had done that month. My point is Goat did something totally different from DOTM called POTM for THAT month and backed it up with facts. Yet this is viewed as NOT sanctioned by Donks. Please tell me, or better yet, show me the rule that says Goat couldn’t do what he did. I talked to him on the phone and I felt 100% that he was sincere in doing what he did, just like what I did. Goat will admit he has an ego, we all do, but his rubs the powers-to-be the wrong way. This is called a double standard. Now, every post he does, as well as mine is removed, though they are in no way abusive or derogatory. Quite the contrary, they’re positive. So yes, the “rules” apply to some and not to others. And @Yorunoame, once you’re here for while you’ll see exactly what Goat, Norris and myself mean when we say what we do. NO ONE has been more positive about this league than I…it’s just Goat and I speak our minds and offer our OPINIONS on an open Forum and are blackballed…I wish Badonk would come back and bring order to the league he formed. Wishful thinking…

People can praise others in the context of their own opinions as much as they like. But bestowing awards or other honors related to the Donks has always been the responsibility and right of the Donks league organizers and their designees.

@Goatsoup did not even try to ask me before posting his awards. When I noticed his post, I requested in a PM that he take it down but received nothing but a blunt reponse. Given these observations and the discussions about the DotM earlier this year, I agree with @pokerrick that his actions seem to be mainly motivated by a desire to elicit a reaction from me and attack my leadership.

Goatsoup has a well-documented track record of getting into trouble with league organizers when things do not go his way: @puggywug, @LadyCon, and now myself. His behavior was cited by puggywug as a significant reason for his burnout. LadyCon had to spend a significant amount of time and energy to deal with him back in early 2021, which ended in his exclusion from the Donks. I was forced to spend precious time and energy reacting to his posts. The pattern is very clear.

I reinstated Goatsoup after his exclusion in early 2021. I gave him another chance because I believe people can change. It was going well for a while, so it’s sad to see him falling back into old patterns. If he is so unhappy with my leadership, perhaps it is time for him to consider leaving this league and this thread for good.

6 Likes

Fellow Donks, please send a warm welcome to @Rainman772, @Boz24, and @bat6 who have recently (re-)joined the Donks. Thank you to @RavenL for recruiting.

2 Likes

Nope, Nope, nope, I’m not sticking my head in this hornet nest! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think my preference is to leave the league while you are an active voice on this chat. You are regularly lacking a respectful tone toward others on this thread, and I find this undermines my sense of being part of a community I want to interact with. You’re not the only one to blame for this, but I think you are the leading example. I’ve also been running low on time for this… and so should probably not exaggerate the extent to which your annoying behavior has been a factor in this decision, and should probably also point out that I’ve enjoyed having you as an opponent on the tables.

I’d like to thank @Dorkupine for initially inviting me, and I’m just in awe of all of the patient leadership and hard work @BlackWidow has put into this league.

3 Likes

I wish you all a good game today!!! I will try to do my best result today but you are all hard to fight against!! See you in the tabel friends!!!

1 Like

Fellow Donks, please send a warm welcome to @CozyUp who has recently joined the Donks.

2 Likes

Hey guys…and gals. I just lost a recruit because of all of the “confrontations” on this forum. I did recruit him but he backed out because of the “drama”. He said he wanted to play for fun and when he read our forum…he declined because of the “drama”. This is not how the league was started. It was about having fun with good poker players. We are drifting away from that thought. C’mon, lighten up, please.

2 Likes

There have been many many more players leave the league b/c of the total lack of true Leadership then any false “Drama” could ever create. How about that there r 2 many games being played??

Could go on but that is a good start :slight_smile:

I stand by my comment. Let’s get back to having friendly fun. BW does a great job.

2 Likes

Ur statement doesn’t take into account a player seeing another member go out of there way to recognize them for good play and it is shot down over made up “rules” that I guess is ok for @12beat22 to break multiple times. I do agree that BW has done a fine job keeping the books but many others can do the same … It literally takes mins and now that they said the books are automated that is nill lol.

But keep ignoring that the dismal participation rate in Silver is a direct correlation to the number of games played per week.

Please tell the membership as a whole what decisions that have been made to address the problems created by the former “Leaders”

Hey Chuck, my apologies for having contributed to some of this, you do a great job of recruiting, without you, there would be no Donks, yes others have recruited, but none like you. For all new and old Donks, this is a great group, but because EVERYONE in it has a brain and is important, we have different thoughts and opinions, that is everywhere we go in life. I would ask that we encourage each other, I would ask that before you write something, you really think about whether it would affect someone positive or negative, if the answer is positive, post it, if we are not sure it is OK, ask BW.
I have never asked, there are times I probably should. This is not one of them, I would say if we are going to judge someone, then we should just look in the mirror, because none of us are perfect.
I am sending this because we need to get back on track and I stand to be the first here to apologize if my posts affected anyone in a negative way. I also would ask, if you want to reply back to me, please do it privately, so we don’t turn others off.

God Bless All of You and God LOVES ALL of You!

4 Likes

If someone does not want to join the league because of the “drama” on chat it is their choice not to read the thread, as a matter of fact I think about 70% of the members don’t.
The most important thing is that everyone acts in a civilized and courteous way at the tables and as far as I know nobody has quit because they have been disrespected at the table. People voice their opinions on chat and I don’t have an issue with that, it is THEIR opinion and I think that as adults, we can handle that.

1 Like

4 Likes

Fellow Donks, please send a warm welcome to @CatchPike who has recently joined the Donks. Thank you to @chuckcox for recruiting.

3 Likes

Fellow Donks, please send a warm welcome to @golfervet and @ZERONINE1 who have recently joined the Donks. Thank you to @RavenL and @chuckcox for recruiting.

2 Likes

Fellow Donks, please send a warm welcome to @flix6666 who has recently joined the Donks. Thank you to @chuckcox for recruiting.

2 Likes

TWO COOL, THE IDEAL TEAM GAME FOR DONKS.
1 MTT, TEAMS OF 2, PREDOMINANTLY INDIVIDUAL PLAY (but you can help your team mate).
MANY DONKS ALREADY COMPETE IN TWO COOL.

If you are interested or would like to know more just send me a friend request and/or message me please (flashlight).

2 Likes

@KirbyMuckIt wins the 2023 Q1 All Donks In Series

2 Likes