Back To School SnGs Scoring

Finally completed my 15 games in the Back To School SnGs tonight. Happily I’ve land toward the top of the leaderboard. I’m wondering whether it best to stop at this point or not. My understanding is that the total points won are averaged to arrive at the score for the leaderboard. Seems to me that each additional game I play increases the probability that my current score will decline rather than increase. Each additional game dilutes the total - right? Even if I win a couple more it still spread across that many more games.

What do you think?

I would stop… just my opinion. You are correct more chance of you total points declining.

2 Likes

wizard,

Deff stop there unless you get pass’d, if you do you might think of try’n 1-2 more but thats it…Because your average is already " at or exceeding " 3rd place points… you must get top 3, then really nothing less than 2nd helps… but yeah all you want there is 1st place…

I might try 1-2 more, but thats only cause the next place up is sooo close to me already. It might be worth the risk. I’m going to wait for now and decide on the last day prolly…

1 Like

So now it’s the final day and although I’ve dropped from 2nd to 5th I think it best to stand “pat” for now. As I watch some other players play game after game and not improve, or even decrease, their standing I have to shake my head. There is more than one example where they have now spent well in excess of their best possible return and yet are continuing to attempt improvement. Got to wonder, “What are they thinking?” and do they not realize that each additional game dilutes the set?

I think I’d like to see a similar tournament where it’s the best of x games with a limit of x games. Take your best shot and once you reach the required # of games, that’s it, you’re done. Probably limited to a specific game per Tournament.

Thoughts?

6th place is only 22 points below you , so if you play and don’t place for points you could drop to 6th … also 4th place is only 75 points ahead so if you do play and place you could move up to 4th… since today is the last day I would probably take the chance and play another one … good luck
I agree that a tournament with limit number of games ( with no option to play more ) would be fun

1 Like

Just sent you a friend request. While doing that I noticed that we’re practically neighbors! If you come south to see VT’s famous foliage this fall - give a shout. I’m just outside of Burlington.

Cheers,
Ron

PS I aim to stay away from the KMA list despite the popularity of it. LOL

1 Like

LOL… best way for that to happen is to NEVER play same tables as me , otherwise it could be risky.:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

What??? And miss the opportunity to crush the masses with our brilliance?!? Or…If I were to deprive you of some of your chips I’d earn a place on the popular KMA list?

Honestly, playing with cats is risky. I do it anyways. Non-risky = DULL. I’ll take my chances. LOL

See you on the tables!

3 Likes

Looking forward to it…:roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Congrats on 12th!

2 Likes

good job wiz

3 Likes

You did alot better than I did, I think I had 3 DNFs… so u aswell…

2 Likes

My breakdown ended up being: 4,4,4,2,1,0
So I had 3 DNFs as well but the even spread of finishes was sufficient to get me 4th.

1 Like