Attention USA Veterans

Hi, fellow vets, I’ve just gotten off the phone with the USVA prescription drug billing folks. I wanted to confirm what I owed them so I could pay up. The person I spoke to told me NOT TO PAY THEM.

Included in the most recent COVID-19 relief package was a little noticed provision that waived ALL our USVA drug co-payments retroactively back to early April, 2020 (I think it was 6 April 2020, but the truth is I was so shocked, I don’t remember for sure). If we’ve already paid those co-payments (I have), the amounts we paid are supposed to be refunded to us–though that will take some time, I expect.

I’ll be getting back a few hundred dollars. Those with more serious issues may get back far more. This qualifies as a serious “win” in my view.

7 Likes

May I add, a well-deserved win! Happy for you, and grateful for your service–and to all your fellow veterans and current service personnel.

1 Like

I don’t pay a copayment but yes it’s in the bill that no copayments will be charged and reimbursed as of April 2020. Well deserved by us veterans.

2 Likes

Craig, the guys like you who don’t get a copay bill already paid–but, NOT with cash. I got off for mere money. It may take me a while, but I can get more money a lot easier than paying the way others have.
I’m with Jan–happy to have you here.

3 Likes

Thank you Brother!

2 Likes

I have VA and found that out 2 months ago after paid $150. so will get that refunded whenever. Wife is on tricare for life having to pay. Go figure.

1 Like

You’re a good man Alan.

3 Likes

This is great news! So well deserved.

1 Like

My refund check came in yesterday. My buddy in WI got his the day before. So, they’re really coming, guys.

2 Likes

:partying_face:

1 Like

I received mine as well.