Animated avatars

Has anyone tried uploading an animated avatar to their profile? Will they even work on Replay or just end up as a frozen image?

Update: I have seen where Sharon Smarty has a rolling eyes avatar, but I don’t know how to contact her for advise. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You!

1 Like

GIF is the only permitted format that allows animation.

I suggest that you upload an animated GIF and see what happens :slight_smile:

Regards,
TA

I tried an animated flag and yes it was frozen.

I can’t get a gif to load on Replay…animated or not.I use Edge

Thank you all for replying. I have tried all the acceptable formats and sizes but still can’t get an animated gif to work. Like I said, SharonSmarty was able to but I don’t know how to contact her since I’m not one of her ‘friends’. Any suggestions?

I use edge with windows 10 creators edition and I can’t get a GIF to upload either just jpeg.

As far as I know, animated .gifs only animate if you go to the profile page and click the avatar thumbnail to get the full sized image.

You should probably have the gif loop instead of playing just once. This is a property you set when you create the image.

2 Likes

You can send her an ‘friends’ request, when she accept you will be able to send her PM’s.
Hope this helps.

1 Like

If you want to see some outstanding animated avatars contact moonmanld and send him a friends request to see how he does it. He changes it pretty often.

3 Likes

Okay, thank you. I will just that. So, I guess that is the only way to contact anyone??

Yes it is except Moderators or Staff you can pm them but PRepr’s will have to be friended.

1 Like

Ok, thanks again. Sharon wrote me and I’m just waiting on a reply…

2 Likes

You are welcome

1 Like

You can go into anyone’s profile and send them a message.

@jujube . No you can’t. They have to be a friend to send a message. Try sending one on a non friend.

Sorry, you’re right.

1 Like

No worries. I just didn’t want others to think it was a technical issue when they couldn’t.

Enjoy your day
Craig

jujube the only non-friends you can send pm’s to is Staff or any Moderator. If we can help just let someone know.