Amusement / Theme Parks

Typo: 360 degree, not 369. Anything more than 360 degrees and they kick you off :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

If I knew I was going to a specific park well ahead of time, I would call and tell them I was bringing a group. Everyone in the group got a discount, and the organizer (me) got in free.

I never actually had enough people to qualify as a group though, so I would just ask people in the parking lot if they would join my group. I would tell them that they would get the discount, and that the group line was always faster than the regular line, which it was.

BAM, instant group, and free admission!

3 Likes

sounds like Im missing out on life.

1 Like

Yeah Harley, you might be. Hereā€™s an example of how I live my lifeā€¦

Way back when I lived in Pa, I was reasonably close to a NASCAR track. Iā€™m not a NASCAR fan, but I noticed some ā€œBuy 1, Get 1 Freeā€ coupons for race tickets at my local beer distributor. I took them all, and went back over the next week or so and took any new ones they set out too. Since the tickets themselves cost $40 each, I saw opportunity!

I knew there was a big field near the track, and that the owner would charge people to camp there before a race, so I headed there the day before the race. As expected, it was full of RVs and tents. I made my way through these, asking $20 each for my coupons, though I was willing to take less too. For example, a campsite with 8 people would need 4 coupons. This would save them $160 on the tickets, so they gladly paid my discounted $60 for 4. They still save $100, I pocket $60, win win!

I got up early the next day and started selling them in the trackā€™s parking lot. A few times, I had lines of people waiting to get them. Talk about an easy sale!

After about 4 hours, I got in my car and drove home, with a slight sunburn and $3,800 cash. Haha, life is good!

2 Likes

Pocono?

1 Like

Yes Maā€™am.

My father mustā€™ve told me 1,000 times: ā€œWe trip over opportunities every day and kick them aside as being unimportant. The trick is to recognize them when they come along and take advantage of them.ā€ Alas, Iā€™ve never mastered that ability. Iā€™m still kicking them out of my way after all these years. That may make me normal, but it also reduces my bank account, LOL.

4 Likes

I think you should have saved the last coupon for yourself :slight_smile: Pocono is always exciting to watch, because itā€™s a driverā€™s racetrack. The tri-oval makes it so cars can only seem to manage to work well in 2 of the 3 corners, so itā€™s always a fun race to watch for the actual racing. It isnā€™t a snooze fest until the big one like Daytona or Talledega, and it isnā€™t a crash fest like Bristol, but itā€™s always exciting to watch. JMO

2 Likes