All-In or Fold Tables

I know it says under consideration but that was 2 years ago. Is this going to be emplemented soon. (sorry about my spelling)

I think it would be a ‘nice to have’ but right now we have other features which would bring more value to more players. I think before we add all in or fold tables, we’d want to add the fixed limit pre-flop, no limit post-flop to offer a save-haven for those that want to avoid the bingo players. But again, no ETA I’m afraid!

dont forget hi/lo omaha !

dont forget hi/lo omaha !

dgaf!

That isn’t poker. Poker is complex, nuanced, subtle. It is a game of skill. All in or fold requires no skill at all. You might just as well be flipping a coin.

On the other hand, if there are a lot of people here who want to have a mindless coin flip game, I have no objection.

Perhaps complex is a term you need to investigate.

The game of poker isn’t made up of a lot of parts? . . . . chip management, bluffing, hiding a good hand, reading other players and anticipating what they are likely to do, knowing when to fold, betting technique, understanding probability?

The cards one gets is only one small part of the game of poker. I’ll stick with complex.

A lot of people go all in epically when the games is a free roll. So a table of all in or fold lets say six players 2500 chips 250 buy I and 13500 pay out I am sure you would get people to play this game.

Yes, a lot of people probably would play an all-in game. A lot of people would probably play Old Maid too. It just isn’t poker. That’s all I’m saying.

I agree with you Boalt its just not poker. All I was doing was putting forth another way to gamble

Complex is a good term. All in is a strategy. However, I believe it involves timing and cards that give you and edge not an every hand affair.

Part of the problem with a site like this is that because there is no real money involved, a lot of people play like complete fools. All-in-or-fold before the flop isn’t really poker, but I suppose it’s fun for people who don’t really like or understand poker.

Sure, let the people who want to play all-in-or-fold have there own board to play it on. Don’t even have rounds of betting. Everyone either goes all in or folds and then the entire flop is dealt. No thinking or strategy required.

It would be a game people would play. A lot of player just bluff when paying any how.

Just heard that RP is changing poker rules concerning allin on the flop .( in the future only possible after the turn ) This is a verry bad suggestion. It increases the luck percentage. NEVER change the rules of nolimit holdem.

Hi ws10001

No that is not the intention. It is a new limit game type (like Fixed and Pot Limit), not to exchange No Limit.

No Limit is the most popular game type and of course that stays. Now players can choose to play the new Mixed Limit Hold’em ring games, in this game it is pot limit before the flop (even than players can build the preflop pot) and when the flop is on table it is No Limit again. Often it is annoying for (new) players when there is often an all in pre-flop. In my opinion ML is much more attractive than FL and PL for Hold’em.

And also most of the tournaments will stay No Limit, only the Bankroll Builders are Mixed Limit for the moment, there were often requests for Limit games, think ML will be the best option for some limit tournaments.

For sure ReplayPoker not changes the No Limit rule. Greetings Happiness.

I think replay should set up a “all in game” for a trial to see if people will play ay all

They are not changing the rules of NL hold em. They are only adding a new ML(mixed limit) game. You can still play NL hold em if you want to and it will be exactly the same as it was before. However, many players do not enjoy playing with someone who goes all in pre-flop because it reduces the game to sheer luck, sort of like flipping a coin or cutting cards. No one does this in a money game. No one would be foolish enough to risk real money going all in pre-flop.

Anyway, regardless of what you think about going all in pre-flop, the addition of the new ML tables simply offers an option for players. They can play on either ML or NL, whichever they prefer.

I would have no objection if they established an “all in game”. Replay is a poker site though, and going all in pre-flop isn’t really poker. It is more like bingo or coin flipping and requires no understanding of probability, no reading of other players, none of the skills that make a good poker player. Besides, because Replay is not a real money site and the chips have no monetary value at all, a lot of players go all in pre-flop because they don’t really care if they win or lose. In fact, they often write LOL when they lose. This disrupts the normal dynamics of the game where people actually try to play the best game they can.

I do not think there should be a rule against ail in pre-flop though, anymore than there is be a rule against being a bad player. The new ML tables are a good compromise, giving people an option to play on either NL, where they can go all in pre-flop or ML, where they can’t. Your choice. Play on the table you like.

Real All-in-or-fold games are more the fun games, and they are available for real money also, but it is a game with a high luck factor, that for sure:)

Nearly the same kind of game as here in this topic is described, the game all-in-or-fold, i saw on a site for real money also now. Players can raise (there is a max), but not call, after a raise you can fold or re-raise until the max amount is reached, and that is pre-flop of course. Some like it some not:))

And this type of tournament (also for real money), first hand in the tournament all players must go all in, that goes automatically, after the first hand game as usual. (but 8 of the 9 players are out already) Not really my type of game, but for sometimes it is funny to play it.