All in on preflop

Tournaments and cash games are two different animals.

3 Likes

Let players play the way they want! If your all in good for you! I like the Bankroll with 24 mins rebuys. Exciting, if you take out a whole table you would see what I mean. If you donā€™t like a game change the channel just like tv. i think some just like to complain. Come on in to my table see how good you really are!

2 Likes

Do not know u but would love u at a cash game with that great thinking: slight smile:

:rofl: You are so right, just played bingo, awww, i mean poker and my AA were beat by 3-8:)

if you canā€™t stand the heat, get out of the kitchen

1 Like

they will loose in the long run anyway

I generally note people that are bingo/craps players and AVOID them. There are usually enough open tables to attract me that have fairly sane players. I love finding tables with folks Iā€™ve played with and chatted with and enjoyed my time with. I have sometimes played Bingo players in hopes of a really strong hand and getting to clean them out but I hate it when it just happens that my strong hand comes at a time when they have a stronger one. I hate giving my chips to a bingo player. Rewards them for bad behaviorā€¦

AWWW, i tried that a few times and my pocket aces were busted by 3-8 off suit and 5-10 off suit:)

John, but what sucks is when 5 of us friendly players (know each other etc.) are plating for 45 minutes in a normal game and some goof comes anf all in EVERY pre-flop they ruin our game, and we ALL have to leave:(

Personally I look at it as a chip injection . just play very tight and takes their chips. and they will usually dissapear. Obviously there will be bad beats and sometines they will get KK but overall you cant lose if you have patience,

Orā€¦
If you really are playing a 2 hour freinds only game when it starts (in which case how did he join ) just put a note in chat which you will al see and just all sit out at the same time untill they leave.Or just all leave and start again on another table

Screw that. Ainā€™t nobody wants to play with psycho demons like that. I once had a player going all in on preflop back to back to back and he said ā€œIā€™ll just keep doing it because you all are scared to call!ā€. He was left alone at the table in less than a minute. I wish they did that with their real life money!

1 Like

I agree, I suppose then you could set up a private table and invite the ā€˜niceā€™ playersā€¦ I have started to play more ā€˜highā€™ stakes tables and I look for the ā€˜goodā€™ steady players but I also accept that some bluffing and occasional going all in is part of the gameā€¦ I just get POā€™ed when a player starts raising hole cards constantly and starts buying pots often. It does take away from the game and makes it less enjoyable. I also like tables where folks chat a bit.

There are private leagues here which would suffice any player needs.

2 Likes

Folks, thank you all for your very good comments and ideas on how to handle chronic and constant preflop superstars. I have tried various techniques including waiting for a knockout hand but he just returns with more money to take our antis. I usually only have a short time to play so it is easier to leave and find a fun table. If I had greater skill and knowledge of the game, it may change my approach but I am not there yet. I appreciate all the honest and sincere comments and points out all the very nice folks that gave me suggestions and that I find at the tables.

1 Like

I like them. They make me a better poker player. Plus, most of my chips come from loose players. Make enough solid plays and these cash cows cease to bother you. Just my opinion.

You do not want to edit your world. I like the freedom of being able to go all in when I want. I would not want to be told by someone else how to spend my free time at Replay. I want others to have the freedom to play how they want and enjoy the game like I do.

A college professor once told me. You have to be able to see both sides before you can see the one you support. So, I admit those that donā€™t like all in bingo players have a point. Itā€™s not a real test of skill if you canā€™t see the flop. To test yourself and improve your game. You need to play through to the end and bet each flop, turn, and river.

The bottom line is HAVE FUN!!!

p.s.-thanks for taking the time to read my post and share your views. lost ideas end up being nothing. and we all want to be something.

2 Likes

Yep, love them at cash games but awww not happening unless they drunk lol for real money.

We usually do sit out n then just leave but it sucks, i mean EVERY hand pre-flop in, should have a rule on 3 times n youā€™re out for 20 minutes lol.

presumably these are ring games as that would never work in a tournament

1 Like

Tannoysker

I was playing on a pretty aggressive table went all in 10 times with the best hand and won twice. Is that about right?

If you want to lose 80% of the time, yes.

3 Likes