Achievements - Feedback

There is another way you can offer an incentive that might go even farther than the achievements. You might consider ranking the players. Doing so will give the players something to strive for. For example, put something on their badges that suggest how long they have been here or how high their banks have reached. Little will entice a newer player to get rid of their “green” status more than to have it stated on their badge. It might be nothing more than a circle around their badge. Like green for new players, yellow for the next jump, then maybe red then blue. This will also appeal to the more advanced players. Striving to get the highest status will always be an incentive even for the more advanced.
Just another thought you might consider.

1 Like

I really like it!

No matter how silly it seems at the very least it’s a way know a little bit more about people you are playing.

On the other hand, daring my friends to get the “mighty ducks” one has had me laughing every time those darn 2’s come in the pocket.

I’ve keep track of my own annoying support staff with e-mails every now and then when the achievement doesn’t popup when I get it playing

Chess.com it’s a gamming platform that handles the achievement as well of other things quite right you may take a look and then implement the features you think best “suit” your cards

Best regards

Would be nice to have the stats based on a selected time period. If I change my style, I’d like to see how that is (or isn’t) working. Could I get, say, the last month’s stats or the last 1,000 hands? That would be more useful than every hand I’ve ever played.

I like the idea of some (very) small chip amounts. Also, once you’ve done something like won with pocket 10s, it would be nice if you could get the achievement in the future. As it is, if you’ve been playing long enough, you’ve got most of the achievements so there is no reason to look at or even think about them again.

letting you know when you areclose to an achievement would give you a goal

BB code

A post was merged into an existing topic: Suggestions for improving Replay Poker

Some ranking for achievement without buy-ins might be nice.

I think these are useful and wanted by your younger players… I do not know of many older folks who really care about this type of “award” so I truly have no advice to offer.

Looks like some good ideas already tossed into the ring…
Chip reward to encourage accompolishing achievements, lower for easy ones, higher for harder ones.

Levels of Achievements, eg. Win a second hand with 2222 get Mighty Ducks Level 2 and so on. Slight increase in chip reward for 2nd level, 3rd level and so on. Maybe increasing artistic appeal with each level of achievement, eg. Might Ducks Level 2 badge is prettier than Level 1 badge. Can hold art contest for that one to engage the community further.

Friends Achievements definately encourage becoming engaged with the community, as a newcomer I can attest to that. By product is more respectful play, all good.

Don’t make achievements overwhelming, eg. from earlier suggestion, a 500 MTT win achievement, thats daunting/overwhelming. Instead a 50 MTT win achievement Level 10?

Add some achievements, eg. A “Monster” achievement. That’s a California poker house term I learned back in the 80’s, a “Monster” is an A-5 Straight winning both high and low hands in a high low game. Another is “Quad Buster”, beating lower quads with higher quads or higher like Royal flush. “5 - 10 Split” Full house of 10’s over 5’s beating full house of 5’s over 10’s. Lots of possible achievements to add… I know plenty more but will spare the long list.

It’s “Off Topic” but an expansion of “Stats” and “Leaderboards” sounds positive.

The easy achievements like “The Kid” or “1st Of Many” are a good thing, many newcomers are just that, newcomers to online poker entirely. It’s encouraging and that’s a good thing, small chip reward (500?) with those early on achievements would go a long way to newcomers staying as well as paying more attention to the achievements over the long run. Building a friends list (Friends Achievement), becoming engaged in the community and so on… a house is built brick by brick and those first bricks may look useless laying there but are necessary, without em you don’t have a house. Not recognizing that is like the last brick in the house calling the first brick in the house useless, all are part of the same house and are necessary. Afterall without those first bricks the house falls down.

Targeting achievements more towards play (eg 4 Horsemen) rather than chipstack size or how many tournaments won encourages play. Chipstack size and tournament wins achievements have their place too but the emphasis should be on play and community, reflected by number of achievements that encourage play vs chipstack size.

That’s my humble 2 cents worth on the subject…

Semper Fidelis,

MarshallTrump

i concur great job

creo que tener logros te puede motivar a algo, o superar los logros que ves en un reto, pero, los logros que están ya marcados los vas obteniendo conforme vas jugando, no porque te hayan o te hayas motivado para lograr alguno, asi que puedo decir que tengo tantos logros, pero los he ganado conforme he jugado, no porque me haya esforzado en logra alguno, por lo general no ves tus logros, mucho menos los de otros jugadores, ¿q,

I just like to play nice clean poker. I don’t care for all the crap.

1 Like

creo que tener logros te puede motivar a algo, o superar los logros que ves en un reto, pero, los logros que están ya marcados los vas obteniendo conforme vas jugando, no porque te hayan o te hayas motivado para lograr alguno, asi que puedo decir que tengo tantos logros, pero los he ganado conforme he jugado, no porque me haya esforzado en logra alguno, por lo general no ves tus logros, mucho menos los de otros jugadores, ¿que falta? considero que haya logros con retos y como lei un comentario, que den algunas fichas por hacerlo, minimo si quieren pero algo que los logros cuesten algún esfuerzo para obtenerlo,

Achievements are a mystery to me. I don’t know why I receive them )or why I “should” receive them), and they’re about as meaningful as the starts that are awarded in Weight Watchers meetings. Achievements are cute, but are they useful? What is the purpose for which they are awarded? Is there a goal?

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Suggestions for improving Replay Poker

I would like to see tables where only those ranked above 5,000 can participate. That would solve a lot of frustrating bingo player encounters!

2 Likes

I remember when I used to play here all of the time. Just started up again. I liked being able to see who is left and how many chips as a tournament was going on. Maybe I just don’t know how to pull it up since the format has changed so much. Bear with me. lol

They have nothing to do with playing its winng that counts…

Seems odd there’s no badge for winning with Straight Flush, or God forbid, a Royal Flush (tho one could ‘cheat’ on that and get one in a Royal tourney or something).