About me

Like you Miri, I often look at the about me section to check flags as I am totally hopeless at remembering them and I think it is courteous to ask about a player’s country if they are chatting on the table. Some of the about me stories are really witty and you can often judge whether to accept a friend request on the basis of what is written there…

4 Likes

I check the about me section to see if we have similar interests and clues as to what their personalities are like.
I find some of them very interesting!

3 Likes

In the small pic, the Irish and the Italian flags look very similar, so I always check before I say to an Irish person, “Ciao, sei italiano”, and they wonder if I am a lunatic. :slight_smile:

@grapevine, you are perfectly right, I should actually first read the profiles and then accept the friend requests. I have never done so, though, always the other way round. I am not very judgemental in any case, or not at first sight, and there is always time to delete a friendship, if it doesn’t work.
Once I read the about me section after accepting a player’s request, and I discovered that he had political ideas diametrically opposite to mine. So I wrote him that I had accepted his request, but I had honestly to warn him that I didn’t approve of his political ideas. His reply was very polite and gentleman-like, saying that it was no reason not to be friends. In fact, we had a very heartily relationship after that clarification, but we obviously never discussed politics. :slight_smile:

well said ol man .

thx whippersnapper :grin:

1 Like

Mic-drop post Boss Lady. Well done.

3 Likes

I always take a peek at profiles of people I play against in BTS or happen to contact me, and I look for commonalities – if they’re a west coaster, like dogs, that kind of thing. I always get excited when someone has a dog as their avatar. :wink:

From a staff perspective, I’m also interested in seeing things like how long someone has been on the site. It’s good to get insight from both the oldies and the newbies.

6 Likes

she did reply rather nice eh lol.

3 Likes

anybody ever told you, your good lookin ?

2 Likes

my dog can’t talk but he seems to like me :grin:

5 Likes

HAHAHA !!!

1 Like

People just stare at my ass and smirk.

2 Likes

I like to look at the bigger pictures on the profiles, and check to see how well stacked they are.

4 Likes

must be a dog no one notices me. At least I can keep my mind on the game

1 Like