A Trashy Dilemma

I’m a support worker (sorry folks, maybe not everyone likes this trade but I do…) and this is what I would do - I’d go friendly talk to him and honestly, in plain and simple language explain my concern and listen to him. He may not be able to afford garbage collection after all, then so be it - I wouldn’t mind to help a little. Otherwise I’d offer a deal - pay half, third or whatever is good for both of us and makes us happy, we are good neighbors after all… Sounds fair? Problem solved? :rightwards_hand: :leftwards_hand: :grinning:

3 Likes

Welcome back to the Forum, Egroeg55555. That’s my preference–to just kindly suggest we go in together on the bin cost. I appreciate your perspective and your trade. And this is a wise suggestion. :slight_smile: Maybe trashy problem solved? Hope so! Not as much fun (or drama) as red paint or siren though, right? Or throwing the trash back on his lawn! lol

1 Like

I like the dumping the lawn but if he videos you, can be vandalism.
In my county this is “theft of services” just like stealing cable or electricity. See if you have same law in place, video the dumper (more than once if possible), and get police involved to give a visit.

2 Likes

make the bill quarterly or half yearly so you should both be winners.

2 Likes

Well, based on my past experiences with these youngins (Yes, this word has now creeped into my vocabulary), you really don’t want this situation to escalate.

S(he) could start throwing their trash into your neighbors and your Bin AFTER the trash has been picked up on your trash day.

2 Likes

Point taken! I hadn’t thought about blow-back to the blow-back! Thanks for the heads up.

1 Like

“Theft of services:” Good point! I’ll pursue this. And by the way–Welcome to the Replay Poker Forums! Come back often. You are very welcome here.

1 Like

Thanks for the welcome.

2 Likes

Put up a sign exposing him for his antics. If that doesn’t work then have your husband or a male relative/friend confront him about it.

1 Like

You must not know JanCee. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Gangste
Homies

Me ‘n’ my knittin’ buddies cleanin’ up da street!

1 Like