A Questionnaire

If you play SnGs please complete and report your responses to following questions:

Questionnaire To Regular SnG Medium Players

1. Do you find it difficult to finish 90 games a month to complete competition for the Leader Board?: Yes____ No____

2. If you prefer more or less than 90 games per month, how many games would you play?: 30 Games____ 60 Games____ 120 Games____

3. Which buy-in level(s) do you play the most: 10,000___25,000___50,000___

4. Would you play a 5,000 buy-in SnG if it was offered in Medium?: Yes____ No____

5. If the 50,000 buy-in was placed into the SnG High category would you compete at the High level?: Yes____ No____

<><><>

Questionnaire To Regular SnG High Players

1. Do you find it difficult to finish 60 games a month to complete competition for the Leader Board?: Yes____ No____

2. If you prefer more or less than 60 games per month, how many games would you play?: 45 Games____ 90 Games____ 120 Games____

3. Which buy-in level(s) do you play the most: 100,000___250,000___500,000___

4. Would you play a 150,000 buy-in SnG if it was offered in High?: Yes____ No____

5. If the High game buy-ins were to change to 50,000____150,000____, 250,000____, at which level would you play mostly?

Thanks.

Scratch

Questionnaire To Regular SnG Medium Players

Do you find it difficult to finish 90 games a month to complete competition for the Leader Board?: Yes____ No_X___

The difficult part is waiting for games to fill .

If you prefer more or less than 90 games per month, how many games would you play?: 30 Games____ 60 Games____ 120 Games____

Which buy-in level(s) do you play the most: 10,000___25,000_X__ 50,000___

Play all 3 levels (depending on where I see friends registered ) but prefer the 25k right in the middle of buy ins.

Would you play a 5,000 buy-in SnG if it was offered in Medium?: Yes____ No_X___

If the 50,000 buy-in was placed into the SnG High category would you compete at the High level?: Yes____ No_X___
The reason I said no to this is because playing the lowest buy in gives the lowest points so wouldn’t have much chance against the players who play the higher buy ins

I do not keep up with that bonus stuff…but I would like to see bigger buy ins now that I have a lotta chips…

There is good news and bad news for you County. The good news is that somebody suggested the same thing, they put in 1M, 2.5M, and 5M buy ins that are not linked to a leaderboard.

The bad news is because there are so few players willing to buy in at those rates, very few games occur, if any.

My suggestion is to get other big bank players to meet at certain times. Then you need to promote it. When I needed players in High, I would go to Hagia Sophia, and make the nine players aware that there was a filling SnG with a large payoff.

Good luck; but I suspect it will be hard. I also believe just the fact that they are there obfuscates the High Leaderboard, as folks see a 5M high game and balk.

Again, good luck.

Scratch

Scratch

Scratch

Im not to sure LOL.

1 Like

First of all, I tried to click on the quote whole post button several times and fill out your questionare, but each time my computer was making it where I couldn’t scroll through the whole questionare, and the reply button disappeared. So, I will write my answers.

I play at the Medium stakes.

I find it difficult to finish 90 games per month.

I would prefer 60 games per month.

I play 10,000 the most. That’s only because I am building my bankroll. When I can play 25,000, I will play that too. When I can play all 3, I would play 25,000 or 50,000 the most (Can’t say till I get there) But, I would still play all 3.

I would play 5,000 if it was offered in Medium stakes. But I don’t think it should be moved out of Low stakes, because I think the Low stake players should have this game to aspire to and focus on for their leatherboard. That way, more people will play the Low stakes, and, therefore, more will build their bankrolls and be able to move to Medium stakes, which need more players, scince it takes so long for those games to fill.

If the 50,000 was moved to High stakes, I wouldn’t play it for the same reason SharonSmarty said.

1 Like

Thank you Monkeycat for your interest.

I sent out between 70 and 75 Questionnaires to friends I knew played SnGs regularly. I received over 35 filled out questionnaires and have sent the tabulation to Shakeraise and MrReplay for review… Of the 35 who responded 5 did not answer the questions but instead offered their opinion; I did not feel comfortable interpreting their opinions. Here is a synopsis.

Question 1 in both Medium and High they overwhelmingly felt there were too many games: Medium 88% and High 75% felt it was difficult to complete the 90 and 60 games.

Question 2 in both Medium and High they felt they would play less, with one person wanting to play more in Medium. (14) Medium players wanted to play 60 games, and (8) players wanted to play 30 games.

Question 2 in High it was unanimous; all responders wanted 45 games.

Question 3 demonstrated that in Medium they all played each level, but the breakdown was: 10K had 7 players, 25K had 15 players, and 50K had 11 players. Question 3 in High shows responses in two of the three buy-in amounts. (7) play 100K, (4) play 260K, no players go to 500K.

Question 4 in Medium over two-thirds of the players would not play a 5K buy-in, but a little less than one-third WOULD play a 5K buy-in. Question 4 in High shows 100% of the players would play a 150K buy-in.

Question 5 in Medium has 80% of the Medium players would move up to High to play the 50K buy-in. Question 5 in High shows that almost 40% of the High players would play the 50K buy-in.

Here is the reason so many people are unhappy in Medium and even more unhappy in High. In Low, they get 7,000 players each month. But in Medium and High they get less than 2,000 in Medium, and in High they only get plus or minus 400 players.

Aside from any other “fixes” that may work, it is clear that the 50K needs to be placed in High, and the 5K needs to be placed in Medium. In this manner the amount of players will have a better proportion and more games will be played at all three levels.

I also believe that first-time players will join the ranks.

And one more observation: when they lower the amount of games at each level, this will also tend to keep people playing SnGs and will give the home bound players the ability to play other levels or other poker games.

Scratch

I disagree … but whatever!

1 Like