A Memorial Day reminder

I deleted my, Happy Memorial Day Weekend. Now, from my heart. I am from a family of many many Veterans, including my disabled Husband. For me personally, saying Happy MD weekend was only meant for the Holiday where people are off work, spending time with family and friends, and celebrating, praying for, and thanking those who gave the ultimate price for our freedom, which right now is very iffy in this country. It is a time to say thankyou to those who served, are serving, and will serve. Being in the service today is scarier than ever. I talk to God everyday to protect them from a lot more than a bullet. Our world is a mess. Sorry, if I made you cringe dear friend, but you made me want to explain myself. God Bless♥ Hope you understand me! Thanks for serving!!

8 Likes

You didn’t have to do that my friend. People get confused with the meaning of Memorial Day and Veterans Day. Memorial Day is for remembering all members of the military that died in service of their country ( which is a very sad holiday ) but someone decided to put a “ Happy “ in front of it years ago to sell more Hallmark Cards. Veterans Day is a day to say thank you to all that served and are currently serving their country.

While we are enjoying our hot dogs and hamburgers let us not forget those who can not enjoy the barbecue’s.

God Bless America :us: and the freedoms we can enjoy.

Please thank your husband for his service from this wounded Marine :heart:

8 Likes

Thank You !!!

5 Likes
8 Likes

OMG My tears flowed when watching this. Hope you enjoy it. My husband spent 2 years in Vietnam.

3 Likes

VLM

Best message I saw yesterday!

3 Likes

To all my Veterans whom I love and miss.

5 Likes

JOHN F. KENNEDY

35th President of the United States: 1961 ‐ 1963

Proclamation 3409—Prayer for Peace, Memorial Day, 1961

April 24, 1961

By the President of the United States of America

A Proclamation

Whereas the high courage and the supreme sacrifice of Americans who gave their lives in battle have made it possible for our land to flourish under freedom and justice; and

Whereas the ideals and patriotism of those who answered the call to service stand as an inspiration to every new generation of Americans; and

Whereas the same principles and revolutionary beliefs for which our forbears fought and died are still at issue in the world and the challenge against them can be met only through the same qualities of courage, strength, and unflinching determination shown by our noble dead; and

Whereas Memorial Day each year provides a fitting occasion upon which our people may not only commemorate the Nation’s heroic dead but also unite in prayer for the preservation of liberty and peace free from the threat of war; and

Whereas to this end the Congress, in a joint resolution approved May 11, 1950 (64 Stat. 158), requested the President to issue a proclamation calling upon the people of the United States to observe each Memorial Day as a day of prayer for permanent peace:

Now, Therefore, I, John F. Kennedy, President of the United States, do hereby urge the people of the United States to observe Tuesday, May 30, 1961, Memorial Day, by invoking the blessing of God on those who have died in defense of our country, and by praying for a new world of law where peace and justice shall prevail and a life of opportunity shall be assured for all; and I designate the hour beginning in each locality at eleven o’clock in the morning of that day as the time to unite in such prayer.

I also urge the press, radio, television, and all other media of information to cooperate in this observance.

In Witness Whereof, I have hereunto set my hand and caused the Seal of the United States of America to be affixed.

DONE at the City of Washington this 24th day of April in the year of our Lord nineteen hundred and sixty-one, and of the Independence of the United States of America the one hundred and eighty-fifth.

Signature of John F. Kennedy

JOHN F. KENNEDY

By the President:

DEAN RUSK,

Secretary of State.

7 Likes

Today is truly a Memorial Day Reminder for those that don’t know about June 6th. I remember when D-Day was listed on all the calendars as was Pearl Harbor Day December 7th , my birthday but not the year of course.

5 Likes

D-Day, Jun 6th,1944 Armed forces stormed, successfully the beaches, Normandy France

5 Likes

Thank you for all who served and sacrificed for my freedom.

5 Likes

memorial day for our freedoms

safe and happy memorial day weekend

Sincere thanks to all who served and are serving so we may have freedoms. God Bless♥

3 Likes

Memorial Day, Remember & Honor. Thanks to all who served & are serving.

4 Likes

4 Likes

I Hope and Pray everyone has a Safe, Great and Very Blessed Memorial Day Remembrance:)

4 Likes

4 Likes
3 Likes

Pray for peace :pray:t2:

5 Likes

Thank you for your Service and Sacrifice

6 Likes

To all the Brothers and Sisters who have cleared the way for our final mission, I salute you.

6 Likes