A couple of cool tourney spots, full house on the river

Yes, but he has tons of hands that called the flop and didn’t hit turn also. But I think the main idea of checking turn is to make a weak impression, and which makes him lead river with an A. If you bet turn and he calls, he’s likely going to check river, even on an A, scared of all big hands.
So basically the question is : the value that we miss turn, do we get it back river ? I think yes, but anyway, these are just details : I think both options are fine, also depends on your opponent, if he knows that you rarely check, or that you often check… Lots of factors!

I don’t know if it’s me, but here I fold flop 80% of the time, especially in an MTT with around 50 BB’s.

Yes, good idea, that was what we came up with too! You have to check-shove here we thought, it’s such a good spot. But never donk lead though, IMO, you’re not value’ing a 7 like that !? Check/shove reps a 7 while just shove doesn’t, and you’re losing value too… don’t know if I misunderstood what you said :slight_smile:

Yeah, would clearly be better!

1 Like

+1 to all this, I was not happy with myself for this turn play. Information we have, V called 3! pre and then called a C bet. SPR is 3:1 and this line is going to prevent me from getting all in by the river a ton even though at the time I was thinking the opposite. Putting reads on the V that I just didn’t have, you know. With effective stacks maybe just a smidge over half, sets up a PSB on the river.

I don’t like a donk bet on the turn of 2nd hand for the reasons, yes I have more 7’s than V, but not that many. Not because he has a lot, there just aren’t that many I’m cold calling out of the sb. Don’t expect him to know that though, but I still don’t want to be over bluffing to a point where I’m going to start getting a lot of loose calls. I bluff enough and I think 66 on this board is a bit too strong in my range to be turning into a bluff. We’re good here a ■■■■ ton with this pair.

I keep saying it… Don’t be a NIT… I’m telling you folding 66 to a single c bet from an MP2 open on this board is burning money. I had 42 bb’s, I’m okay with navigating that stack.

yep, I’ll keep it simple and post one at a time in da future.

Great feedback guys.

Nothing about being nitty… well maybe, but I’m pretty tight, that’s all
Cash game you can call, no problem, but here you just fold against an opponent you don’t have a single read on.
On replay I’m way tighter anyway, with no reads and weird opponents you gotta narrow your range sometimes…

Okay, we’ll have to agree to disagree on this one then.

RESULTS, I know you guys like them :slight_smile:

Hand 1 I called the river thinking the A either gave him top boat or he would now fold JJ-KK. The turn x is terrible and this equally bad. He turned over 99 flopped QUADS! I play bad and save my tournament.

Hand 2 I x/r all in ott and he tank folds. I’m not sure about this as I have not been able to run it because I do have access to my flopzilla or any of the other tools/software. I think this should have been a call and fold or call river.

Not a problem for me, Dayman :slight_smile:

I always appreciate your thoughts on any hand ; you are maybe right here, I don’t know, but anyway, I think next time I have 66 and J75 comes, I’ll call haha! :wink:

Damn, that setup though, that hero “just call, not raise”, lucky boy haha! In the end, you finished ITM in that MTT ?

I still do not agree lol, we’ve got a bad day together man!

Hmmm, that really makes me unsure… A call though ? To my mind, calling was the worst decision turn… But yeah, we need flopzilla…

Anyway, going to leave you work man, don’t have to answer… Let’s move on to other hands ! And also, take your time for posting hands, don’t need to do it fast :slight_smile: Thanks again for this one.
BTW, i’ll look for hands too !

1 Like

I don’t know where, not even close to ITM though… got cold decked soon after the 66 hand… by the same guy who folded no less. Meh, tournament poker.

Next time, next time !