50K SnG Astral Games

They should run the games without leaderboard bonuses until the tables attract the needed volume of players then. Jumping from 100K to 1M is a much larger jump than 20K to 100K. 80K/5x vs 900K/10x. They run 1M SNG games with no promotional leaderboard bonuses, they can do the same for some intermediary tiers.

1 Like

Puggy i think you are missing the point. They already have 250k and 500ks that are not filling up and havnt for awhile so try what? I dont remember the last time a 9-max 500k filled up, so that is trying it without the leader boards but if you wanna even try 250ks then u need the bonuses to entice players to play them more. I dont think there has ever been a 1 mill game filled…ever. So when u say jumping from 100k to 1 mill is a much larger jump you are correct but now you are talking about an Elite stake at 1 mill which wouldnt even be on the same leader board as the 100k,250k,500ks…which in essence is non-existent since its never played and you are getting into a different player pool as far as B rolls compared to the the 20k-100k players. There has to be a market for buy in amounts for any leader board to have enough players to fill up the placings and for it to be competitive with enough players competing against each other. The only way to move up is 1 tier added at a time ( 50ks for medium, 250ks for high ) Each tier you move up there will be less players meaning less competition because the % of spread between players and their bank rolls to play them becomes increasingly higher and higher with each higher buy in that they can afford to play. Then factor in playing a minimum of 20 games a week for the board. Example is playing 20 1 mill games for 1st/20 each week. Wheres the market for 80 mill a month ? those players are playing the 1 mill plus MTTs with a larger pool and payout and most importantly a guaranteed start time and are playing high/elite rings too. 250ks might work over time from the 100k players switching over for 1st/20 with a 10 spot leader board payout to start. i doubt the 250k best/of will be popular cause they wont play 30-50 games at 250k a pop.like they do on the 100ks, which is good cause less reckless players just wanting to get games in. I also think the 6-max 250ks would be played and filled more at the beginning until players get used to them…then more and more 9-max tables will eventually fill over time increasing the leader board pool ( meaning if there is a separate board for 100ks and 250ks like there was with astral minor and major. Maybe like a pegasus major and minor. However out of all the buy in amounts i think the one that would attract the most right now would be the 50ks because you will get the 25k players from before mixed in with some players that play 100ks now. I do think that a separate astral leader board for the 50ks would be better though because of the spread of points per game you gain on them compared to the 20k points. I would also have seperate boards for the 100ks and 250ks too otherwise most of the 100k players will continue to play most of those because there is a larger market for those.

I was looking for higher buy-in SNGs last night, and I did not see any 250K or 500K games. If they exist, then my work here is done. But since I only saw 1M, I thought it was strange that there was nothing between 100K and 1M.

There is and always have been 250ks and 500ks on high sit n gos…i used to play them when more people played them and they filled faster. Are u sure u have your filter settings updated? Also do you have the hide empty box checked? because if you do then they wont show up cause almost always there isnt a 250k or 500k game going so that means u woudnt see the available games to start one.

I’m seeing them now. I didn’t late last night for some reason, with the same filters. Weird.

I agree with many of the above posts, step up not down, 50k tables would work for me. Thanks

1 Like

Sharon there seems to be quite a bit of interest…have you received any feedback from Replay?

1 Like

No , maybe it will be brought up at their next meeting . I really hope it is something they will consider !

1 Like

Hi, thanks for getting a discussion going. We are already analysing how the changes to all games we made for the New Year are working out and what players feel about them. There wont be any immediate further alterations to Astrals, but everything said here will be taken into account.

Rob

and Happy New Year to everyone too.

2 Likes

Thank you Rob

1 Like

Great Idea Pug.
Thanks

Ah, i would rather have a good bacon, lettuce, and tomato sandwich, dill pickle and some quiet,

I have noticed a 50k SNG 9 seat tourney…registered a couple of times but no other takers

No one plays it because it isn’t an Astral game

2 Likes

I would play them :smiley: :crossed_fingers: :dark_sunglasses: Astral Game 50k

1 Like