3 Handed Poker

I’ve just started playing 3 handed poker (meaning there are only 3 players in a sit and go type format, me and 2 other players) and I’ve got to say Im liking it :grin:

At first I started playing like a wild man thinking you need to go all in and pressure the others which was not the best thought process, the game would be over in like 2 minutes. I did however drastically slow down and decided to play a aggressive game with a lot (a lot) of min raising, which seems to be working now the game may last 20-30 minutes (I believe Im playing much better because of this structure and am starting to notice who’s weak along with picking up betting patterns (difficult to do at a 9 player MTT for me)). They start you out with 500 in chips and 10/20 blinds (which I thought was really low initially, probably why I started out playing like a manic lol) but I am really enjoying it so far. The blinds increase as well just like a regular tournament.

I’m not sure of the payout structure though (don’t know If they are getting over one me?). This particular one costs $2 to get in then once 2 other players buy-in (total of 3 players) there is a random wheel that spins to let you know what 1st place will take (I’ve seen plenty with a payout of $4 and twice seen a payout of $10 (unfortunately I lost those ones). They advertise a jackpot of up to $2400 how amazing would that be for $2 but if it does randomly have large jackpot payouts that would be amazing! It only pays 1st place as well, so if everyone pays $2 and the jackpot is $4 is the other $2 actually going to the jackpot? If I were lucky enough to see two $10 ones in a row it would be more believable in the end who know what happens to it?

I think something like this would be cool on replay.

Its been a while and just wanted to share my latest endeavor :wink: what can I say I’ve missed everyone (and Craig I’ll be back to the Kool Kidz game soon!)

Mike

Koolkidz is no more Mike, but there are other options in the Replay Leagues.

Whoa!
Thanks @flashlight appreciate it :wink:

it sounds like you are describing spin&go’s
it works with a fixed RNG to decide the prize you are playing for. don’t know the exact numbers but it’s something like 70% x2… 25%x5… 3%x10… and the jackpot is something like 0,001% x10000.
if you wanna know the exact numbers it should be somewhere on the internet. but the theory is that you get less most of the time, but you get a chance to win huge prizes.
spin&go’s do have more or less the same EV as normal SnG’s more much bigger variance because of the slot machine
edit: when you happen to spin a huge multiplier, the entire table is getting a part of it, but the winner will take the far most.

it is true we don’t have spin&go’s on replay, but we do have turbo SnG’s. it actually the exact same tournament structure but it doesn’t have a prize multiplier slot machine, only a fixed payout.

1 Like

You are always on point my friend! Thank You :grin:

1 Like

yw :slight_smile: