2016 Olympic Promotion

To Staff, ( just curious )

I was wondering why the silver/bronze medals in the 2016 olympic promotion are only used for tiebreaks. Did the staff consider running 9 final tourns not 3… and limiting those tourns to only 1 each,… ie gold/silver/bronze.

I feel sorry for those players that play thier heart out and can’t get a gold, then have nothing to enter at the end. I also would hate to see a player playing in all 9 just cause they can. So what I mean is if a player can enter a gold, then they must and can’t enter the other 2…then you weight the formula for points such that its fair to the gold medal winners in the final standings.

Currently the 3 gold tourns are aprox 6 hours apart, So there would be 3 tourns @ 10:00 not 1… and ANY player could only enter 1, not all 3… that would apply to all 3 times… and would limit any player to a max of 3 entries that could count toward final standings.

Sarah

2 Likes

This promotion is all about winning Gold Tickets. Silver and Bronze Tickets are only important when players have the same number of Gold Tickets.

Going for Gold is the intention!

With 3 Olympic Fireworks tournaments throughout the day most players (who has a Gold Ticket(s)) are able to play one of them atleast. When players can play 2 or 3 of them it is oke also.
These tournaments are extra tournaments for players with a Gold Ticket in their account at that moment.

HI MY NAME DWROCKY IV BEEN PLAYING ON REPLAY A FEW MONTHS , MOST OF THE TIME IV REALLY ENJOYED BEING ON THE SITE , ANOTHER TIME I WOULD LIKE TO SHARE ABOUT THE OTHER TIMES NOT SO FUN ! TODAY ID LIKE TO TALK ABOUT THE NEW PROMOTION ITS FUN BUT COULD BE A LITTLE BETTER . IV NOTICED THAT PLAYERS HAVE BUILT UP A LOT OF TICKETS AND I BEGAIN TO WONDER HOW COULD THEY HAVE THE TIME TO PLAY SO MUCH TO DO THIS NO MATTER HOW GOOD THEY MAYBE BUT LAST NITE I PLAYED IN A TOURNEY WHERE 1 OF THESE LEADERS CAME TO THE TABLE PUSHED ALL IN ALL THE CHIPS SEVERAL TIMES IN A ROLL I GOT PRETTY UPSET AS I CAME TO PLAY A POKER GAMES NOT THIS , YOU GUYS KNOW HOW WE ARE MOVED A LOT [ to me I feel ,its when I’m doing very well there are times when I wish id be moved and not ) BY THE WAY HAVE THEY SOMETIMES MOVED YOU SO FAST YOU DIDNT GET TO SEE DETAILS OF LAST HAND THATS HAPPENED TO BE SEVERAL TIMES, ALSO I AM MOVED AS MUCH AS 4 TIMES IN ONE TOURNEY AND I DONT MEAN WHEN REBALANCEING , OK BACK TO THIS PROMOTION LEADER AS I SAID OVER AND OVER AGAIN I ALMOST PUSHED IN TO LEAVE BUT SAID THATS ONE THING HE WANTED TO HAPPEN, ALL OF A SUDDEN HE WAS GONE FROM TABLE WASNT SURE WHAT HAD HAPPENED BUT WAS SO GLAD !!! LATER I WAS MOVED ( AGAIN ) AND THERE HE WAS HES NAME PLATE WAS GRAY AND HE WAS USING THE AWAY BUTTONS TO PLACE IN TOURNEY I SAID OK SEE WHAT YOU HAVE BEEN UP TO ( HEWAS DECENT PLAYER NOT REAL SPECIAL BUT LOTS OF TICKETS } THE GAME IS JOIN TABLE PUSH, BULLY UNTIL BUILD UP BANK ROLL OR LEAVE AND DO IT ELSE WHERE !!! I DID MY BEST TO TRY TO STOP IT, BUT HE STILL GOT BRONZE FOR A HANDFUL OF HANDS AND SHORT AMMOUNT OF TIME !!! SO I MADE SURE TO WATCH HIS HANDS IF MY OTHER REAL PLAYER FOLDED I DIDNT SO HE WAS NOT GAINING CHIPS BUT SLOWLY LOSING THEM !!! AT FIRST I WASNT LOOKING WHEN TABLE HAD MORE PLAYERS , SO IT GOT HIM TO FINAL TABLE WITH A LOT OF CHIPS HE NEVER RISK !!! THESE BUTTONS SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED WHILE THESE PROMOTIONS ARE GOING ON, IT IS FORM OF CHEATING M HOW SAD THEY MUST CHEAT FOR FREE !!! SOMTIMES MUST GO TO BATHROOM OR SOME THING HAVE A MAX TIME 3 TO 5 MINUTES OR SO !!! SAD YOU HAVE TO THINK OF WAYS THEY WILL CHEAT BUT ITS NEEDED !!! NOW I WANT TO SHARE THIS INFO WITH REPLAY AND YOU GUYS WANTING TO PLAY A GAME FOR FUN !!!11

PLEASE EXCUSE MY TYPING ( MY MOTHER TEXAS STATE CHAMP 95 WORDS PER MINUTE MANUAL ) AND ME BEING THE LEO I AM DIDNT WANT TO DO SOMETHING I KNEW I COULD NEVER BE THE BEST !!! IT THE LEO FULL HEAD THING ! AFTER I POSTED THIS DIDNT KNOW HOW TO GO BACK FOR CORRECTIONS AND TOO TIRED LAST YEAR I WAS REARENDED IN AUTO ACCIDENT { AT RED LITE } BY 2 YOUNG PEOPLE , WAS HURT BUT GETTING BETTER I WAS NEVER GOOD AT SPELLING AS WE HAD TO SPELL FROM MEMORY ( DID I SPELL THAT RIGHT )

It looks like you carved your reply in with a hammer and a chisel. It must takes lots of efforts. Respects.

so, if I understand this correctly silver and bronze tickets are worthless for entering any tournaments, right?

Yes, these tickets are only important for ranking when players have the same number of gold tickets, in a couple of days they all expire (gold, siver and bronze)
On the main page of the promotion you find the whole explanation.

How about Silver/Bronce Ticket tournaments?
It’s kind of mad to reward someone with tickets they can’t use :smiley:

They were used, for ranking. Everything was explained on the main page.
The current leaderboards not support medals (would be weird to call them medals and show them as ticket score)
Advantage of using tickets was we could offer 3 extra tournaments.

The Olympics was all about winning gold!

Yeah thats right. But it would be nice to see some Bronze/Silver Ticket Tournaments that would also reward the close 2nd places at tournaments. I know that everyone wants to win Gold although Silver should always count and be rewarded too. I at example got 2nd from 120players in one tournament and now the ticket is kinda worthless :smiley:

If it was rebuys torneys , he play it correct :slight_smile:

Great tie-in with the olympics, yet it turned into just a MTT marathon for wins. I fully understand what Happiness said … that being said, there was much more that couldda been tied into and utilized… Yes, I have only been here 75ish days, the events I have seen all end up with the same theme kinda. (play as much as you can, as often as you can, for X number of days/hours)

1 : there are many times just getting a bronze is a huge deal in RL … deff need’d a component for silver and bronze medal(ticket) winners… ( MTTs )
2 : just like swimming or track/field… breakouts for types… ie- royal, plo, holdem, hilo.
3 : weight overall standings… g/s/b… not just gold…then tiebreak on t-pts, yet again… just like monthly… cap # to say 20…
4 : possibly even a separate board for just standings of the special tourns, either that or the outcome must factor into the overall standings… ( otherwise, the Fireworks trio of MTTs were not even better than the sunday millions running close to same start time and better payout )

The Olympics Promo forced me to play other games and other buyins than I normally do. It forced me to only play for 1st. taught me a few good lessons along the way, so thanks

But it might help RP’s bottom line if somehow you tie into the more casual player so they truly can compete toe-toe with the hardcore play 24.7 players. In the end I love RP, but the playerbase might even do the work for you(staff)… maybee run a contest or two, on future promotional ideas/formats… just a thought…

Congrats to the top 25 ( final standings )… You’re all winners in my book…Jess-sayn.:wink:

1 Like

I talk to a lot of players, and I mostly heard one of 2 things…

The casual players were a little disgusted that they had no chance of winning without spending way more time than they were willing to invest. I would guess that the vast majority of your players would fit into the “casual” classification. Consider as an example 3 players; X,Y, and Z. Player X plays 100 tournaments and wins 3, Y plays 400 and wins 4, Z plays 1,000 and wins 5. Which is the best player? HINT: It’s not the guy with 5.

The hardcore players mostly expressed the thought that they would be glad when the promotion was over.

Think about that for a minute, Most players thought it was a little unfair, and many of the rest wanted it to be over.

For me, the real draw was the Fireworks tournies. I like playing against the best this site has to offer. This was the ONLY reason i bothered with this promo at all.

I managed to play all 3 of the fireworks tournies, and generally enjoyed them a lot. My 1 complaint was the clock… way too fast. The best players think in more depth, and this does take a little more time. There was barely time to make a bet or raise. let alone consider all of the factors used to determine your actions. I had premium hands folded several times because I just couldn’t get my bet or raise entered fast enough.

I would love to see a promo where everyone has a fixed number of entry tickets to start. This would level the field and make a better experience for all. Anyway, just my opinions, I do appreciate Replay and your staff. Thanks.

By the way, I played all of the Fireworks tournies and finished 25th, 10th, and 14th. Not an amazing result, but a fairly solid showing, I think.

Agreed, SunPowerGuru… heard simmilar things, also confusion by too many players on exactly how it worked… me included… hopefully more ppl post to this thread and give opinions.

I finished 11th, 23rd, and 38th, yet I prolly should’ve played just the 1st two tournies.

1 Like

One more point…

If you are going to run a special event like this, consider making it special. Don’t run an event tournament every 5 minutes. One per hour would be enough.

And make the entry fee consistent. Maybe 5k for each event in the promotion in order to give everyone access, not tournaments ranging from 1k to a million. That alone limited who could participate.

And make it all the same game too. If you want to run events for Foldum, Omaha, and Omaha hi/lo, make them different events. Pole vaulters don’t compete against sprinters, do they?

For me, the ultimate poker promo would preload maybe 50 event tickets into each account, then have 1 qualifying tournament per hour for 2 weeks. Casual players could play a few hours a day. Others could marathon them on the weekend or whatever. Once you use your tickets, you are done.

Keep the “gold ticket” tournaments, but make them deeper stack, slow levels, and more time on the clock. The winners of THOSE tournaments deserve to be called “champ.” (Or gramps, or sugarbritches, or whateva.) Yanno?

I’m not really interested in RP promotions since as you pointed out you have to play a lot. I’m just building my bank in ring games to finally be able to play the 1M buy-in tourneys consistently.

Though I understand why RP would like to reward hard core players that play 24/7.

Not sure my comment is really usefull :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyway kudos to the RP team for trying to organize events like this, maybe I’ll be in the scope one day :wink:

SunPower shows what I’m saying kinda … more creative thought into a promo…[quote=“SunPowerGuru, post:15, topic:4450”]
Pole vaulters don’t compete against sprinters, do they?
[/quote]
Well this is “The Olympics” , so no… no they don’t…:wink:
I see no harm in running contest(s) for future promos, even if only to get ideas from the playerbase.

Kudos again to all the RP staff does and how RP shines as a browser based-free2play-poker site.
If the forum is used correctly and the community participates, RP can only get better, so hopefully this thread in some way helps RP

hi the reo olympic tickets was a big cone i did not win any

I agree give the other winners a chance

its because ur a sore loser,

first complain to olympics intenational association for the medals tally system

1 Gold 0 Silver 0 Bronze has more value than 0 Gold Infinte Silver infinite bronze

instead of whining try to go for gold next time … ok?