100K CONTEST - The key to winning in poker is ____

Hi everyone, and welcome to this month’s contest! This time around, we’re pulling from a popular post we made on social media. We’d like you to fill in the blank:

What say you? Is it patience? Observation? Math? :clubs:

Share your answers for a chance of winning 100,000 chips! We’ll award five participants, but bump it up to ten winners if we receive more than 100 unique replies.

This contest ends on Thursday, October 28th, so get your answers in now!

10 Likes

Taking notes helps but Patience is the answer. In large Tournaments it is #1

3 Likes

Remember you are in it to win it. If you don’t play your hands you will never win.

1 Like

patience

2 Likes

The only way to win at poker is to BET and be aggressive.

3 Likes

fun question,
there are so many important aspects of the game, so you cant just be good in one of them. so my answer would be to keep learning, if you’re good at that you are getting good in all parts of the game, but to make it even more interesting, in order to stay motivated to keep learing you should really love the game, in other words its the most important thing, not just because of teh obvious reasons but also because it will make you a much better player in the end.

so i’ll say the key to winning poker is loving the game, then everything comes in time

1 Like

Patience and notes on players , but be sure to date your note , some smarten up and change their play.

2 Likes

I think the key to winning in poker is objectivity: just doing your best to make what you think is the best play on every street, and minimizing your emotional response.

4 Likes

:rofl:

1 Like

Apathy. You can’t win if you care about losing.

3 Likes

This is the key to winning on Replay…feed off the knowledge and skill of of veteran players. Watch carefully and learn. Heed their criticisms, some which may be sarcastic, while others are congenial. My key to winning is the Friends’ and Frenemies’ that I have on this site. Their "teach"ing has brought me to where I am today on Replay.

2 Likes

I know from experience what it takes… stay awake and quit nodding off!!

2 Likes

The key is simple: being in the right situation at the right time. Our challenge is creating those situations.

3 Likes

Patience

As others have said patience and clarity of mind .

Would also add being a happy bear and never tilting when luck goes against you .

2 Likes

the key are to play safety and agressive in moment the opponent is irritated by your presence playing unconsciously and thus taking the money

Watch how the others are playing and learning their tendoncies

intrebare stupida…nu exista o regula…castigul este doar la voi…pierdere de timp intre treburile zilnice.
*Translation *
stupid question… there is no rule… gain is up to you… waste of time between daily chores

Absolutely Alan , coupled with an amount of patience …you may have to fold 20 consec times before you hold a hand worthy of contesting with . I like a court card with something other than a minnow card …kickers can help you . I see many players playing poor option pocket cards i.e 3=7 , 9-4 in hope of solely jagging success …worth hitting it with fair pairs i.e 88 , 99 …they are in the ballpark

1 Like

stupid q…not such sing