What was the first concert you attended? Time, place, date and cost!

This topic has been introduced by Rebelburn Player Rep, these are his words!

I’m sure they’re a lot of you out there who had gone to some concerts or another, whether it was jazz-Rap-R&B-Rock-Soul or whichever genre you had a favor for - some more memorable than others - but what was your very 1st Concert - the year - the place and the cost**

Mine was in 1967 not sure of the month (was still in school) Winterland Ballroom San Fransisco. I saw Big Brother & the Holding Company (w/Janis Joplin) Pink Floyd (w/Syd Barrett) … and the group that opened was Quicksilver Messenger Service but don’t hold me to it - cost was $3.50

4 Likes

Fun topic. I was a classical piano student as a child/teen, so I attended numerous classical music concerts, with some of the greats performing/conduction, including Van Cliburn. I would give 1963 as the year of the first concert I remember, at the local community college, with ticket prices around $2.50.

2 Likes

Thanks Jancee - please any musical genre you like - just you 1st concert …and thanks Kate

2 Likes

Wembley Stadium, 5th Aug 1972. Price: £25.00. Artists apeared were : Billy Fury, Jerry Lee Lewis, Little Richard, Wizzard, MC5, Bo Diddley, Heinz, Screaming Lord Sutch…

I was the tender age of 17 years old and I can tell you… it was Fantastic :smiley:

2 Likes

My first concert was Styx at The Hollywood Sportatorium, SoFla., January 20, 1979. I still have the stub, and the cost was $8.00. I was 15, drunk and had eaten at least 1 Quaalude. I barely remember any of it, but knew for sure from that point forward I was going to be seeing many more.

1 Like

My first concert was Nine Inch Nails and Marilyn Manson in 1994. I was 13. Lol. Don’t judge me too hard.

I can’t remember how much money it cost, but I had enough to buy a t-shirt too, and when I wore it to school the next day, no one believed I actually went because no one but me and my friend’s parents allowed us to go. :laughing:

1 Like

Wow,you’re asking a lot. It was in the early 70’s at Suffolk Downs with Aerosmith opening for Sha-Na-Na,followed by a 10 year blur that went by way too fast.

1 Like

Bob Dylan and Eric Clapton 76 outside Munich about 100,000 people showed up, 20 marks or about $10.00

1 Like

Jimi Hendrix in 1966 or 1967 (8th grade) and then Led Zeppelin a few years later both in Dallas (probably Moody Coliseum)…no idea what either cost but I remember Robert Plant was having issues with his voice and chose lower notes as opposed to the super high stuff he’s known for (John Bonham and Jimmy Page made up for it though).
The best concert I ever saw though was Deep Purple right after they hired Glenn Hughes :relaxed:

1 Like