What’s in a nickname...?

I was in an internet survivor writing contest. My character and avatar came in third despite being the most hated character in that contest. I use this handle wherever I go on the internet. My little hedgehog came in third and survived. Not bad for an amateur writer.

4 Likes

Well…it’s what I do. I do have a sign company and yes we digital print, cut vinyl, make & install signs, but I never left the “Gal I brought to the dance.” I started airbrushing t-shirts in the 70’s, moved into gilding, lettering & pinstriping ( PRE-vinyl ) where everything was hand painted. Still hand paint to this day and there has been a resurgence because people are finally getting tired of cookie cutter signage. You’ll find me at Rod runs, car shows, bike shows, lettering and pinstriping. Also travelling the US painting murals & signs with a crazy bunch of artists called Walldogs. I keep period correct signage ( 1946 - 55 ) at Birmingham AL’s own Rickwood Field, the US’s oldest surviving, playable baseball park and museum. You’ll find some of my signage & artistry in movies shot in the Birmingham & surrounding areas…Six Pack, Verne Miller, Cobb, 42, Mom’s night out, are a few.

5 Likes

Mine was cree8nstacks and did for so long cryers called donk calls anything, wats my ID?

2 Likes

When I had to choose a nickname for this site, I tried a few times something else with my initials in it. But for some reason i was not accepted, or maybe I forgot to save it well. Finally I choose this name, because we all need some… don’t we?

4 Likes

and one more thing, If you are not very happy with your nickname, you can change it in your profile (if I remember it well…)

2 Likes

mine is because imoved south from the north so im called a dam yankee

3 Likes

You May only change your name once :wink:

1 Like

I like that song also…

1 Like

I was in a hurry and didn’t think I’d play on this site more than once, so mine was generic and intended to sound stupid (Joe Dirt), and I chose a red race car picture because I wanted to seem like a maniac.

2 Likes

Also quickly made a name… I’m at the Gulf_ and the window next to the screen looks at a Little pond with a small frisky gator that was visiting.

5 Likes

Unforgiven one of my favorites…Clint Eastwood was Will Money…when I lived in Italy the currency was Lira…soooooooooooo will_lira

4 Likes

Proud to be a mason. Largest group of Godly men Worldwide! Love America and proud to be a Rebel

2 Likes

God bless you Knighttemp and God bless America.
That being said, saying you are part of the largest group of anything in the world and a rebel, is kinda contradictory dontcha think?

3 Likes

It’s a Southern thing

3 Likes

BLUEDIME.
Nothing to do with me or my name. Just something catchy or flashy, or when I kick poker butts, the players will remember.
…BLUEDIME.

2 Likes

I don’t like washing

4 Likes

I quit smoking New Years 2000, I knew if I invested in a mountain bike I would make it stick. (smokers do not make good mountain bikers) I purchased a Cannondale (made in America and lifetime warranty on all frames) the model was called Jekyll. (Cannondale - Jekyll) The Dude comes from one of my all time favorite movies The Big Lebowski… I been jekylldude ever since and I’ve never had trouble acquiring the username.

4 Likes

Hi I’m Larry, Larry Laffer. A Middle aged balding man looking for love in all the wrong places. Larry Laffer was the lead character in the “Leisure Suite Larry” adventure game series in the 90s. A fun and comical, adult game. My real first name is also Larry.

4 Likes

I loved that game :wink:

2 Likes

I have the domain name left over from my robot combat/BattleBots days.
Most of the time I brought 2 bots so 2 bad bots dot com was my team name and most places I get a logon.

2 Likes