What is the odds of this

I have to admit that I haven’t read most of the previous posts in this thread because they are largely illegible (as you mentioned), but I just want to say that from my experience this site is clearly not rigged.

I get frustrated sometimes when I get hit by bad beats or when I end up with a cooler (an extremely good hand that is 2nd best). Sometimes I curse, say this site is rigged, and stop playing for a few minutes, days, or weeks. But after a while I realize that sometimes the unlikely outcome falls in my favor. I (and many other players) win almost every session on this site without buying any chips, so it sounds completely absurd for players to suggest that something is wrong with the site itself.

If you think unlucky hands are putting you in bad spots, then stop betting so much or calling in those spots. I am 100% certain that the longer trend in whatever you are talking about is just the result of poker decision making. And by the way, only about 15% of poker hands are playable at all, so to only play 7 hands out of a 100 is not that unusual.

2 Likes

joe dirk not tht I care about ur ranting of others an there oppions, it seem 2 me u need 2 find out about wht u r talking about b4 running off at the mouth as u seem to do every time someone speaks out about replay, like there something in 4 u??. 4 ur info this happen every day on a reg basics, an im not so dum as 2 bet an call on all thoses hnds, I fld 98per% of them. so joe4 u to y absurd make u sound absurd. an ive played this site 4 over a year seen a many plyers come on a table win 8 out of ten an gone daily just as I sit every day 4 300 plus straight days an get 5 6 7 out of a hundred daily. an 15 % of a hundred is not 7 but 15., I wld love 2 see 15 hnds daily an I do b leave tht flding 98 per of them bad beat hnds is good decision an u shld make better decision b4 saying anything u have no idea of wht u r talking about 4 it does make fools of us when we do that, an tht is why im alwas carefull, about sticking n my nose in without knowing wht im speaking about. so now joe dirt you can come back me with some crazy comment 4 I realy don’t care wht you say 4 its absurd, wrong, per% bad poker players ex exc, tht u alwas r saying to anyone tht has a negative comment about this site. an tht why ive only won 900k playing them 5 6 7 out of a hundred daily 4 a year now, just a bad beat poker pler I guess. random haha I wld like 2 catch them 15 hnds out of thirty tht most players seem 2 get. there is no need 2 say anthing else . plyed 4 hours 2day got 12 hndstht won lot of folding thts my new nkname thts been giving 4 folding so much 4 not playing all thoses bad losing hnds, so either way im a fder or a bad poker player a whinner, crying, mad , jelious, an many others things. but one thing I am, im my on MAN an not someones sheep, an don’t join in the flock out of fear of being singled out.so joe njoy ur playing 4 im sure u get a many of good hnds an not 7 daily every day 4 im also sure u wld quit if it happen 2 u or all those tht call me out an all them names I get called

All internet sites use sub-routines to control chip stacks by creating what is called “action”. For example, approximately 57% of the time I am dealt pocket kings there is an ace on the flop. The percentage should be closer to 23%. The redistribution of chips is designed to keep people playing and to reward those who buy chips.
Hell people, I was writing sub-routines as far back as the '80s to do very similar things, and since they are independent of the random generators they don’t show up in any kind of verification process.

1 Like

We’d be very interested in seeing any data at all on that. =) I’m guessing most sites would dispute that assertation. Until then, I’m going with what I know is a fact: nothing is being manipulated.

Remember, you have a limited window into the odds – your cards. There are literally thousands of other hands going on at the same time. Poker odds aren’t calculated on one player, looking for one hand.

calt, without line breaks and not mashing two thoughts together into one sentence, it’s very difficult to figure out the complaint. What’s up?

Your odds and probabilities are not being weighed against thousands of hands - only against the number of hands at a given table, the varying distribution of cards depending on the particular game being played, the finite number of cards and suits in the deck and the known factors such as down cards and revealed cards on the board. It’s why it is possible to predict one’s chance of winning to some degree of accuracy in the short term but a much greater degree in the long term. However, anyone who has played primarily at live money tables will notice that internet poker doesn’t follow established odds and probabilities. For example, I’m a flop player. Since the flop is 60% of the hand I’ll make my determination to stay in the hand or fold to a bet based on the flop. Not an unusual way to play. Unfortunately over 62% of the hands are determined by turns, rivers or runner runners in favor of lesser hands chasing the pot.
I’ll close out with this story. A few years ago when real money internet poker was legal in the U.S. three players got together to try to convince one of the sites that another player had to be cheating. At first it was nothing but a gut feeling the three had that something was wrong. The site denied that anything could be wrong. It took the three a year of gathering statistics and badgering the site before it came to light that one of the site programmers had inserted a subroutine that let him see all the down cards. The point I’m trying to make is not to dismiss your gut feelings. They are right more often than not.

1 Like

You seem to be making an incoherent attack against me without really saying anything. I made a cogent statement, not “running off at the mouth”.

I typically win ~7% of hands at full ring, so the numbers you state are completely normal. I was just saying that 15% of hands are typically worth playing. That doesn’t mean you will win 15% of hands.

I have no vested interest in defending this site. However, it is frustrating to me when people refuse to understand poker. There are many of these post in this forum, and I like to respond with simple statistics. However, it doesn’t seem to stop conspiracy theorists. Enjoy your ranting and raving; I’m done.

2 Likes

It is appreciated, though. =)

1 Like

gatzby u appreciated the guy that defends the site but would not buy any chips good job we all don’t think like that or rock and roll for you

Hello there, Hatchetface2, I’ve read all your comments and normally don’t reply to this things, but I felt obliged to here.

Our website is built entirely on one premise: fairness.

Without it, this incredible community would never exist. We are a free poker site, that differentiates itself from all others because of it’s community. If we mistreat players, they can simply go play on any other free poker website. It’s on our best interest to treat everyone with absolute fairness. The second a player loses trust on us, he’s going to leave.

We’re not making millions off of rake and tournaments like real money sites do. It’s not even feasible to imagine we’d skew the game to please the small percentage of players that buys chips. We’d simply go bankrupt since we’d have no players.

Now, I don’t expect you to believe me, since you clearly already have your mind made up. But I’m a programmer on this site and know for a fact that there absolutely no “subroutines” or anything like that on our code. Again, we are not a real money site, so there is absolutely no incentive for us to do anything even close to that.

You sound like you know a bit about statistics, so you should know that you can’t claim things like “62% of the hands are determined by turns”. First of all it makes no sense, since the algorithm generating the cards have nothing to do with the plays and players. You might have a good hand and not know about it, and fold. And players might have a bad hand and still go all-in, causing a lucky turn or river to give them a victory (or lose it all!). Secondly, in order to make claims like that, you’d need to have information about all the hands played, for at least a decent time-frame.

That’s the thing about randomness, it’s… random. You might get 5 pocket pairs in a row or no pairs at all. You might get 100 consecutive hands with the same cards. And it’s not broken, it’s just random. Say you have 1% chance of having pocket aces, if we get 10000 hands, that’s still 100 pocket aces, and there is no guarantee that they will come with any set interval. They can come spread out, bunched together, all in sequence. Who knows? It’s random. But if you only take those 100 hands, you can say “OMG 100% of my hands are the same card!”. Does that mean the algorithm is broken? Absolutely not.

I’m sorry for the long post, but I just wanted to give some more technical feedback for this thread, since all the misinformation might break the trust of some of the good players that make our amazing community.

Feel free to ask me any technical questions.

3 Likes

if its free what does buy chips mean??

black friday you had a sale,more chips for your money if its free take the word buy off your site and give them away

Yes the site is free, when you have no chips left you can go for new chips (of course there is a limit, disencourage bingo play), when you log in everyday you get a daily bonus of 2500 chips, there are six 100K Freerolls a day, and 3 freerolls for nine 15K tickets each. Every hour Bankroll Builders with a low buy-in and extra chips added to the prize pool.

You not have to buy chips if you not want.

On the other side, Replay Poker is happy with players who buy chips, chips to play with and some players buy chips to support the site, there is no advertise on the site, bills have to be paid with real money.

Players who buy chips keep the site free for all players!

2 Likes

Purchasing has nothing to do with it – we appreciate a reasoned discussion as much as the next person! There are a great many misconceptions about poker and using actual data is a step toward demystifying them.

I just sat through the most blatantly biased ring game session I have ever had the misfortune to be part of. After three hours I managed to crawl away about 5000 up playing tight cards. Why? Two hours into the session a player (or bot) going by the screen name Cyman came on the table and proceeded to be handed whatever cards it took for it (or him) to win. I would invite anyone to check out Mississippi River 3 from hand 180768080 to 180773255. It was truly pathetic and way too obvious.
I can’t bring this up in chat because I’m on my third chat ban. One month if I remember right. At least I’m not banned from playing the site for the third time - yet. I do however have a personal enemy here who claims to be a programmer for the site. Draiken, kiss my sisters’ black cats’ fat ass and get the sub-routines off my damn profile.
Respectfully Yours
Hatchetface2

Hi Hatchet,
Have you reviewed the hands yourself???. I watched 75 hands from when cyman joined the table. Of those hands cyman won 17. When you allow for the fact that the table was only 4 players for so long and 5 handed for a time on a 6 seat table, an ever distribution of winning hands says that he should have won slightly over 16 hands. cyman also folded a huge percentage of his hands pre-flop.
Good Luck and Good Cards

However, notice that again I was nothing but cannon fodder for the high stakes pets. Site gave them anything they needed to beat me after the flop. Same thing today. Hell, same thing every day. Not a turn, river or runner runner that they didn’t get - at least against me. I’m just there to “redistribute” chips to pet players. Take the damn sub-routines off my profile you miserable bottom feeding scum sucking ■■■■ heads.

1 Like

Incidentally, the last eight times -IN A ROW- that I’ve gotten pocket queens or kings there has been an ace on the flop and at least one, but usually two, players with aces. THIS IS NOT RANDOM. The odds don’t support it.

1 Like

Check this out, worst bad beat ever. The guy doesn’t have anything and he calls my trip aces sucksout big time. Not random. https://www.replaypoker.com/hand/replay/181115354/flush-ace-high

1 Like

Update-KK or QQ with ace on the flop and of course an ace in somebodys hand went to 9 straight before I finally got the 10th one to flop 2-7-9. Of course it got beat by 2-8 off suit when the second 2 came on the board. To make up for the lapse the next time I had QQ the computer threw up a A-K-something.
I wish these low life bottom feeding scum sucking programmers would keep their lips off of my profile but I know now that I’m a favorite target for them. In fact my last all-in was called by 8-8 and 9-9. I had a miserable A-A. Lost to both hands. Still not sure how but one of them I know is a site pet. Gotta keep feeding him his Kibbles and Bits so he can feel goooooood about himself. F**k all of you.
Sincerely Yours
Hatchetface2