What is a player rep?

While NotTheOne’s “tone” was not what some have thought it was, neither was it innocent. Replay’s initial comeback was just as wishy-washy… while we now know more information, and really who the flip cares if they have a weekly MTT for a few duckets, … It can be said “player rep” is not really the correct term for what they are/do.

Both SPG, I, and others see value in, and duties of a “player rep” to mainly bring concerns of players to staff… in a case such as this, I could see teams of reps devoted to different parts of the site… like maybe SnG-H Rep, Ring-L Rep, or MTT-M Rep … where each rep would concentrate on a specific group, and bring thier concerns to say a weekly meeting…

On the other hand, sure… Replay needs more mods, and they need to be “callable”. Thats why Replay needs more of them around the clock… like 10 @ any given time 20 during peak times. Now while Mods could be playing thier own games, if the system alerts all mods that a problem exsists, then 1 of them thats not busy prolly will be the 1st to react, and go to the desired table, in realtime, and moderate the problem. YES, REALTIME… as more problems rise up, sure a mod might need to “sit out” and go mediate a problem and come back, but that means there’s a hell of a lot of problems on tables… I seriously don’t think its that bad.
To this end, along with a “report a player” button, how about a “call a mod” button…

All NotTheOne was saying was… why are there so many player reps, what actually is thier function, and do they get reimbersed… I found no malice in his questions, nor do I see explicit malice on Replay’s part, altho they were obtuse in part of thier answer…

1 Like