The MLB Thread

Athletics pitcher Sean Manaea threw a no hitter against the Red Sox tonight. Gotta give it to him he’s a very good pitcher from what I’ve seen tonight.

-Marc

The Red Sox traded LHP Roenis Elias to the Seattle Mariners in exchange for a player to be named later or cash considerations.

-Marc

The RedSox have designated Hanley Ramirez for assignment to make room on the roster for the returning Dustin Pedroia. The RedSox now have 7 days to trade or release Ramirez.

-Marc

Hi everyone!

It’s been awhile since I last updated this thread and we are at the MLB All-Star break. I thought now would be a good time to post the latest AL East standings:

So far there seems to be only three real competing teams in the entire American League. The Astros , Yankees and Red Sox. I think it will be interesting to see if this trend continues or If another team can catch up and become a contending team.

How’s your team and division doing?

-Marc

After a lot of injuries and a very poor start, my Dodgers are back playing well and have moved into first place in the National League West. Hoping to get a couple more pitchers back off the DL before the end of the regular season.

1 Like

Looks like a battle in the American league- Houston, Boston, Cleveland and New York The National looks like the dodgers unless my Cubs wake up and maybe the brewers- depends on who makes the right trades

1 Like

Very happy to see that Dodgers got Machado. Great pick up for the rest of this season.

1 Like

Will be interesting to see how well Machado does with the Dodgers. Like you said Seville it’s a great pickup for them.

-Marc

RedSox just destroyed the New York Yankees 15 - 7 and take a 6 game lead in the AL East. Hope they can keep that up the rest of this series.

-Marc

The Redsox have swept the New York Yankees and now have a commanding 9 and a half game lead in the AL East. I’m not saying it’s over yet but If the RedSox can keep this up and avoid long losing streaks then they are going to win the AL East.

Watching this RedSox team this year has been special and different from past years. If they can stay healthy they are a World Series team this year.

-Marc

Well, the regular season is over, and the wild card games are over and there is just one of the 4 division series left to be determined. Looks like the Red Sox have the advantage over the Yankees. It’t 1-1 in the series and Red Sox up 11-1 in game 3 in the 8th. I was very happy to see the Dodgers lock up a berth in the Nat. League championship playoffs against the Milwaukee Brewers. Atlanta Braves put up a battle tonight, but lost the series 3 games to 1.
Both league championship play off series should be really good ones.
Wondering about how some of the people who posted earlier in the season and their team didn’t make it, feel about the battles left to be fought. It looks like the best of the best made it to the finals this year. Should be fun.

Seville

2 Likes

That 16-1 win was just insane. A really cool thing from that game was Brock Holt becoming the first player in MLB history to hit for the cycle in the postseason; that is incredible. I actually wasn’t sure if it had occurred before, prior to figuring out through him doing it for the first time that it hadn’t. If Boston does in fact win the ALDS, that will be a great series against Houston, and yes, Dodgers vs. Brewers should be a tight one in the NL. While we were watching the Leafs play in the NHL postseason in April, my buddy made a prediction that Milwaukee would win the World Series. It would be something else if he ends up beig right! I told him a Brewers vs. Red Sox World Series was certainly a fair possibility, and if it happens it should be a very unique and interesting series. I’d definitely expect some dandy games over the next few weeks!

I agree with you except that I picked Houston and the Dodgers to both return to the World Series this year for a do over :sunglasses:

That would be pretty crazy if that happened! :slight_smile: I think we’ll see the BoSox in there, though! Always hard to say. I’d love to see Milwaukee take down Boston in the World Series.

Looks like a replay from last year Houston and LA

It feels like a must win for Boston tonight or this series could get out of hand quickly.

-Marc

1 Like

Important game in Houston this afternoon!!! Series is tied 1 - 1. First pitch just after 5:00PM ET.

Go Sox!!!

-Marc

Good win for the Red Sox last night! 8 - 2 is the final score.Jackie Bradly came up huge with the Grand Slam in the 8th inning. Rick Porcello will be on the mound for the Sox tonight. First pitch at 8:30PM ET

-Marc

1 Like

Dodgers are one win away from a return to the world series. Just need to go to Milwaukee and win one of two. Wont be easy , Milwaukee is very good this year.
Thirteen inning game the night before was a fantastic battle between two very good teams. Should be a very good World Series again this year. All four remaining teams are very good.

2 Likes

Well, Boston’s heading to the Fall Classic! Congrats to them. It’ll be interesting to see if the Dodgers can return to the WS to meet them, or if the Brewers can come from behind at home to head off to Boston instead!:baseball:

1 Like