The Guessing Game

Can you guess the song?

ABBA - Gimme Gimme Gimme (A Man After Midnight)

Good guess @IronDome but not the correct one. Guess again.

Madonna! Hung Up.

I love the music ones. I need to know your secret about how to make them! :wink:

1 Like

Well done @fizzymint you are correct :clap:

More than happy to tell you how I do it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you, @Maya! I think I did it.

Can you guess these two famous songs by their sax solos? :saxophone:

@Maya, this riff is taken off of ABBA’s song.

“Hung Up” prominently features a sample from the instrumental introduction to ABBA’s hit single “Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! (A Man After Midnight)”, for which Madonna personally sought permission from ABBA’s songwriters Benny Andersson and Björn Ulvaeus.

1 Like

@ fizzymint

First one is ‘Careless Whisper’ - George Michael

1 Like

That’s correct! Woohoo!!

Second one is still up for guessing. :slight_smile:

Second one could it be Gerry Rafferty - Baker Street ?

1 Like

That’s also spot-on! Well done. :sunglasses:

@IronDome you are 100% correct. It is taken from Abba’s Gimme Gimme Gimme, but there’s a slight rythmic difference. I chose this extract of the song on purpose to add some confusion :wink:

@fizzymint well done! Now we can both quiz with songs (it’ll be our little secret lol).

Dunno 'bout you, @Maya, but i muchly prefer The Leather Nun’s take on this song…

1 Like

Personally, I prefer the original by Abba. Even Hung Up got famous because of that bit in my opinion.

2-7 off-suite is the weakest pocket in Texas Hold’em, but which is the weakest pocket in Omaha?

3 Likes

I would say quads, so four 2’s would not be very promising. But I might be wrong.

3 Likes

Correct, @miri123.

I love that question! It’s a good one for our Facebook trivia. :wink:

3 Likes

And AA is the strongest pocket in Hold’em, but what’s the strongest pocket in Omaha?

Well, personally I’d be very happy if I got AAKK suited. :slight_smile:

1 Like