The fairness debate

Thank you Bobby for replying in the thread.
I hope Rail - Bird does the same.

:+1:t2:

I hesitate to interrupt but I am certain a large number of hands are played around here in a day/

No doubt, but is it large enough to support 10+ royal flushes per day?

2 Likes

certainly…I had two yesterday

did you play 1.3 million hands?

2 Likes

The difference between the first hand dealt to me yesterday and the first hand in the same tournament today was 258,010 so that would be a rough idea of how many hands are dealt. If we allow an average of 4 players in each hand that gives us 1,032,040 chances to hit a Royal Flush. Using the best 5 card hand from 7 cards the odds of a Royal are 30,939;;1 so a little over 33 Royals a day is about right.
Royals are much more likely to happen in Omaha or Omaha8 so Replay are probably dealing closer to 40 of them every day

1 Like

Actually you only hafta play two hands…statistically speaking…

LOL excellent point…especially on RP

One should remember this site is chip action, not cheques. This means players are more willing to play through to the river on the hopes of hitting a hand. If a player does loose, it has no consequences. Wait a day and you’ll be given free chips. Even pocket aces can be beaten more often when there are four or five in the hand.

Same is true for those who chase or hope. Cannot tell you how often I’ve seen players chasing the inside straight hit. Thing is, if four players are chasing the river, the odds are greater one will hit.

I also think our perceptions are clouded. We see the three of a kind or two pairs we have and the trash the other players have. If we win, our minds dismiss it since the win was expected. Have somebody hit that 4-card out on the river and it’s engraved on our mind. That’s human nature.

4 Likes

Excellent observations and very well stated, especially about observation bias. Since these simple facts explain what we see here, why do people feel the need to create complicated conspiracies to get to the same results?

2 Likes

Because when that stuff happens to YOU; it just ani’t right…

Warlock & Cairn,

(kiss) While it can be proven the code needs improvement , the current itteration is not rigg’d in any way… Have’n said that, the sheer volume of hands should produce close to statistical norns…
Due to format, risk/reward, leaderboards, strategies, ect ect ect, online poker always plays differently than live… There are too many reasons to list why ppl chase online, no rule will ever change that…

2 Likes

LOL - just so true. It is harder to accept when the bad beats happen to you. Still, if I went the conspiracy route every time it did, I’d have a closet full of tin foil hats by now.

Got knocked out of (or crippled in) 2 tournaments tonight alone with sick beats: A6s taking my AQo with a runner-runner flush and then 5/2s taking my K10 also with runner runner flush (both hearts by the way). I can either be pissed at the results but happy I got my chips in to the WAY good (4:1 and 3:2 respectively, even assuming either was a reasonable call in the 1st place) or I could get bent out of shape that RP had the flush-o-meter cranked up to 11 tonight.

Its all a matter of perspective. My misfortune is someone else’s good luck and vice versa. As the great Mel Brooks said: “Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die.”

3 Likes

Save yourself some room, you can borrow some of my foil hats.

6 Likes

I am not saying one way or another about fairness. But players are now going all in if dealt an ACE pre flop, and winning. If I am dealt an Ace King per flop I fold them. If an Ace is showing in the river and I have a high pair I fold.
I do not know what but this does not appear to be random to me.

2 Likes

Pass me one of those hats please. If I was ever going to question what’s going on here, tonight would have been it. More insane hands than I’ve ever seen anywhere in a single game. Numerous runner runners, 2-outers, quads (twice) and so on. Not saying its rigged at all but man was the goof-o-tron cranked way up this evening. Must be somewhere in the 1 in 10^4 range at a minimum to have all of this in about a 100 hand span. People weren’t even playing all that out of line either so it wasn’t crazy chasing that was responsible for it.

1 example that benefitted me: I flop a set of J’s and the 1 guy who called my pre-flop raise had AJ. Oof.

Added: To be clear, I am not suggesting that the site is rigged in any way. Only making mention of what had to be one of the more improbable series of hands I’ve ever seen. Didn’t help that I go out 3rd in the last game having flopped top pair K kicker and have the guy fill a runner runner straight. One of those nights.

2 Likes

Anyone can try this. 22 consecutive games were played. Two of them di not get as far as the river. Out of the other 20 games an Ace was in the river 13 times. If an ace is showing in the river you can be 98% sure that someone has an ace. This is why players are going all in or stacking big bets if they have an ace pre-flop. The only time you are not likely to see an ace is if you are dealt AK pre-flop. I am not saying this game is fixed but the random number generator needs fixing.

1 Like

how does replay consider this a game of skill when they control all outcome

1 Like

Hi zbandit,

As a Player Rep I’m available to assist you. Is there something about the site that I can help you with?

Best,
Ron (vtpcwizard)

“Hi zbandit, No, I don’t believe the site is rigged. The site’s Random Number Generator
has been certified by Gaming Associates against compliance requirements for highly
regulated jurisdictions. You can view the certificate through the RNG Certificate link at the
bottom of each Dashboard or Lobby page. I’ve been playing poker here for about three years and have seen nothing to support that replay controls the out come.

2 Likes