As a bit of a history buff, I’m pretty sure I’ve read somewhere that the Replay Poker site was purchased in 2007 and moved to the UK later that year where it has been located ever since. In the online poker world, that strikes me as 'a long time."
My personal history here is nowhere even close to that long. Although the Forums list my presence as beginning on 16 Feb, 2016, I KNOW I was playing here in December, 2015, and may have actually signed up in late November, 2015. I’m also pretty sure there were only around 700K registered users at that time. So, at least some of the dates shown for players’ longevity is likely incorrect.
The “oldest player” I’ve identified so far, (but it hasn’t been an exhaustive search) is dated as having been here since November, 2005. The second oldest is dated as 2006, and a there are a couple from 2007 who aren’t far behind. If these dates are valid, I have some questions.
- Who originated the site and when?
- Where was it originally located (before moving to the UK)?
- Is “Replay Poker” the original name of the site or has it had other names in the past?
- Replay is currently indicating there have been more than 1,450,000 registered players, and appears to have an average “players on line” at any given moment of around 1400. Unless it is confidential, may I ask how many of that 1.4+M players have been active within the past few (2 to 4) months?
- Does a time ever come when Replay drops a player for inactivity?
- Is there anything special in Replay’s history we should know?