Rankings determination

How exactly is a player ranking determined? Chips, hands played, Tourneys, etc.??

Chips.

Your ranking is based on chips, the higher chip count you have the better rank you will be. Rank is best as a lower number. example… a rank of 5235 is better then a rank of 7889. Good luck at the tables :slight_smile:

2 Likes

so, it is like golf

So buying chips automatically gets you a higher rank?..

1 Like

If you have 1,000,000 chips and you win another 1,000,000 in a tourney your rank will go up because you raised your chip count by 1,000,000 , it will do the same if you bought 1,000,000 or won them in a ring game. It doesn’t matter how you raised your chip count, every time your chip count goes up, so does your rank :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes buying chips will move you up in rank.

Also in case an answer was over looked regarding the weekly/monthly/yearly ranking, they are based on tourney points. and they have chip payouts for their respective area. things like the 4 different Regional MTT Leagues, 8 different Gemstone MTT Leagues,8 different SNG leagues, Bankroll Builder MTT, Stampede, Regular Leaderboards, Bust the Staff, Replay Winter Games, Chinese Year Of The Pig MTTS Leaderboard, and Valentines ring games will be starting soon… You get points from playing in these different games that apply to the category you choose… See Disclaimer and apply it…

3 Likes

R.E rank…
Is rank directly related to your bankroll or is it calculated based on some sort of hands won/hands played type of thing???
But yeah in regards “real” poker I would say of course its real . Just because its free doesn’t mean it’s not real. Just like on the actual felt you gotta get a feel for who you are playing against whether that be a fish or a donk. I’m sure there are genuinely some GREAT players here on Replay. Just so happens none of 'em have ever beaten me in a hand :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

My understanding is that it’s strictly a matter of how many chips are in your bankroll.

So on that basis…You can simply buy your rank and given that we really should disregard rank

Yes, it doesn’t mean much. I don’t ignore rank, but I don’t give it a lot of weight, either.

2 Likes

Is there a way to search for your rank in these different categories other than scrolling through the whole list of rankings?

The quickest way to check your own rank is from your home page. Click your chip balance and you’ll see your own current rank, your own current chip balance, and the two or three most recent game transactions you’ve had (table or tournament buy-in and cash out), et cetera. You can also find it on your own Statistics page on the left side, about mid-page.

Thank you for your reply. I am aware of the capabilities you mentioned. I am more interested in being able to quickly finding my ranking without having to scroll through the list of leaders for the things like the 4 different Regional MTT Leagues, 8 different Gemstone MTT Leagues,8 different SNG leagues, Bankroll Builder MTT, Stampede, Regular Leaderboards, etc.

That’s a different type of ranking. “Rank” in this conversation means your Replay Rank, which is determined by the size of your bankroll relative to the rest of the players on the site.

The other “ranks” you’re referring to are promotional leaderboard positions; there’s only one way to look those up, as you have already identified.

1 Like

Ok Thank you

how is ranking determined

Hi @Nickeled
Ranking is determined purely on the amount of chips you have.

The more chips people buy the higher their rank goes however the rank goes lower for the person doing the buying lol

1 Like

need to clarify the community as a whole rank goes up when there is a chip sale but for player buying their rank goes down :slight_smile:

1 Like