Post your proudest replay hand(s)

https://www.replaypoker.com/hand/replay/295850822

Appreciate comments on the play of this hand. My biggest pot ever. No idea if I played it reasonably OK or not. I had AK off; my unhappy opponent had A8 off.

The table play had been a bit loose, and I’d lost a sizable pot a little earlier to someone slow-playing trips. My idea in general is that AK is not a made hand, so I don’t get my hopes too high. I called the pot. Conservative or stupid?

So the flop comes down and I’ve got trip A’s, and I say to myself, “Self, what the hell. Let’s try slow-playing this one.” Cunning or stupid?

Jurks checks his full house (we’ve both got the same idea), I make a minimum bet, and watch in dismay as two of the remaining three players fold. I was hoping for a big raise that I could re-raise. Jurks raises me to 2.5 BB’s, and I re-raise because I think I have a fish on the line. He comes back strong, and I’ve been snookered again (at least to this point) by somebody slow-playing me. :slight_smile: My K kicker isn’t worth the pixels it’s made of.

The king on the turn gave me the nut hand, and there’s nothing more to do than keep the mouse far away from the “Fold” button. Jurks forced me all in on the turn, so there was no bet-sizing decision necessary.

My opponent had some surly words for me after the hand. I don’t blame him. He was being stalked, was really the stalker, but reverted to being the prey before the river card.

1 Like

https://www.replaypoker.com/hand/replay/316553403

This just happened a little while ago in a Royal freeroll! Sharing this hand because it is my first MTT win! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

It’s so sweet to win! Well done, and what a beautiful full house you had there!
Jan

1 Like

Thanks Jan!

1 Like

Congratulations Marc. The first of many I am sure. Good luck.

2 Likes

They say the 1st one is usually the hardest and that you’ll never forget it. They also say its usually the quickest. Then again, maybe they were talking about something else? :wink:

Congrats Marc!

2 Likes

preflop: there are several reasons to raise preflop.

• since AK is a super strong hand and defenitely worth it. raising now also build the pot on later streets a lot.
  • AK is not really a hand to slowplay preflop since it’s actually a drawing hand, you wil miss about 70% of the time, so you won’t have any idea where you stand that way. besides of this, since the same counts for your opponent, the chances of buiding a good pot is also better preflop then postflop. because of all these reasons AK is a very powerful preflop hand, but only about 50% of the time it’s a powerful postflop hand (even only 30% on the flop itself)
  • AK has a lot of advantages, and one of them is that if you hit, you often get TPTK, with this hand you also want to thin out the competition, because you really don’t want to build a big pot with the decent chance someone else wants you to do this because he holds 2pair.

flop:

• you obviously made a super strong hand, and literally A8 is the only thing you have to fear. so slowplay is without doubt the right play, and get it in whenever you can. i have layed down trips twice (see my original topic) and these didn’t had such a strong kicker as you had.
  • i don’t think this play was bad at all, but i think a check back would have been slightly better then the minraise. but the minraise was good too IMO. however if you had bet out preflop, i do think making a bet here would be good too since it looks like a standard Cbet.
  • as played, because of the resistance that the other player gave you, raising him back seems like the right play to me. since raising back don’t automaticly means A8, but could have been any ace. the amount of raises does mean a strong ace with most people, but i see him do the same with AQ, AJ, A10 kinda hands too.

turn:

• obvious call of the shove

hope this helps.

1 Like

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: The fairness debate

fun hand #322672589

3 Likes

Sweet! You broke hearts on this one! Well played. Jan

1 Like

Just won a NL Hold’em Freeroll with Four of a kind 7’s plus a double KO!! :grinning:

https://www.replaypoker.com/hand/replay/326317543

2 Likes

Nice win Marc, saw the broadcast …

So, Let me set the stage… final table, American 15k sat night, If all I do is not play this hand, and blind out, I bet I guarentee me winning TheColleseum promotion… I have played only ultra premium hands and everyone @ table knows it … so what do I do …

https://www.replaypoker.com/hand/replay/326319622

Thats right, if I just don’t play this hand, and blind out, I prolly get 3rd or better… now I still have to work for a win in TheColleseum… ohh well … This is why you don’t play Bingo, even with AA

2 Likes

I think a smaller bet size would have saved you a lot of chips. But either way that’s just really bad luck, my condolences.

1 Like

Sarah - tough beat but you got your chips in as a 5:1 favorite. Less than 10BB’s left and high antes - playing poker, that’s a shove 100%. Playing for leaderboards and bonuses, well that’s another story isn’t it? Just 1 more example of how these promotions affect the game in outsized way. When players even contemplate mucking AA in that spot, it a shame. It sucks that the results of the hand hurt your promotional standing but it was a good play and in poker, its the play, not the result that we control.

Just 1 more thing because I recall you having an issue with the term BINGO player and you described your play above as being bingo. It was not. Bingo playing involves making horrible decisions and counting on luck to bail you out. Getting chips in the middle in such a dominant position isn’t bingo play, the call was. JKs is not even close to a call in a decent players’ mind there. So, you got beat by a bingo player but your own play was fine, regardless of the result.

4 Likes

Warlock,
I played that MTT tighter than any I have ever played here… I was folding AQ & AJ if I wasn’t in prime posistion too… I shudda just folded out , took 2nd , and lock’d in my win for TheColleseum. I feel dirty doing that, I felt really dirty playing my 10th MTT, I folded my way into like 31st outta 93 ppl, only for that not to be enuff pts…

Yes mixing strategies is tough, plus thats 1 more calc we all make when deciding about our competition… are they going for this or that, are they going for hi or lo…makes life interesting I guess… but I shouldda just bet like 60k, then if the flop didn’t put a pair out there, then shove… that wasn’t my choice and I paid for it…

Yes, in a vaccuum… I played the hand 99% correctly, in reality I didn’t I guess.

3 Likes

A fantastic member of these forums… (Not saying any names warlock), once told me

AA vs AKo for stacks? All day every day. Sick flop.

and it actually made me feel better :wink: knowing I got it in good (all day everyday).
I think if he’s calling 113K he’s definitely calling 60K but would you believe him if he pushed with 76K? Then you would also only have… something like 4 or 5 big blinds left if you folded…

Trust and believe you did the right thing… even though it stings.

4 Likes
  • bump
2 Likes

Risk paid off on this one.

Player was all in and figured he was on the Q. Put second player on fishing for a flush or maybe pocket pair.

Two cards to hit my straight. Hit my straight on the turn and second player missed the flush hit on turn so tried to scare him off but he bit for a nice big pot.

https://www.replaypoker.com/hand/replay/445313242

1 Like

I’m not proud of anything that happens on a free poker site. I’m not knocking Replay… this is the best free site online, in my opinion.

Still, I wear a paper bag on my head while playing in case someone looks in the window and sees me playing free poker. Plausible deniability for the win!

I skillfully beat AKs shove with my AKo call https://www.replaypoker.com/hand/replay/445480882

(That was posted in fairness debate and supposed to be sarcastic)