Poker quotations

Mike Caro’s wisdom in a nutshell

“Today’s winnings are tomorrow’s loses.”

Use Poker Jokes as I suggested before.

Every thing you need to know about life can be found in poker and the Bible…in that order.

When fish are about, don’t tap on the glass.

A person should gamble every day, because think of how bad it would be to walk around being lucky and not know it.—Robert Turner

5 Likes

Here are a few good ones from the internet and that I’ve heard around.

“The beautiful thing about poker is that everyone thinks they can play” – Chris Moneymaker (and the quote is pretty ironic coming from him).

One of my personal favorites:
“Fold and live to fold again” – Stu Unger

You can sheer a sheep a hundred times, but you can skin it only once. – Amarillo Slim

Another favorite:
“No-limit Holdem; hours of boredom followed by moments of sheer terror” – Tom McEvoy

“The smarter you play, the luckier you’ll be.” – Max Pilarski
True in a sense, but: the smarter you play, the larger the proportion of your losses that will be bad beats, so you’ll feel unlucky. It’s bad players who often appear to get lucky because they are making mistakes all the time.

1 Like

“Anyone can play like Ivey, but no one does.”

I used to play in a weekly game with an older gent who used to say “I’d rather win a dollar than lose two.” The old guys have the best lines. Another one…“I’d love to see the hand you’re waiting for.”

I kinda like this one
There’s only one sure thing about poker but I’m not so sure what it is!!!
Thanks grandad lol…

You aren’t defeated until you admit it - Gen. George Patton

1 Like

a good song,but it is not accurate

I dont always win at poker,but when i do its against bad players lol:grin:

The fastest way to lose all your chips is going all in on a continous basis,the best way to win chips is use patience

In poker sometimes you have to fold the best hands to stay alive in the game

1 Like

It’s unreasonable to expect bad players to make good laydowns.

1 Like

Heard at Replay Poker:

zoostooh: this game would be great if it wasn’t for the stupid cards

1 Like

Texas Hold Em is a game of thoughts and decisions and if you aren’t thinking , you’re just gambling!!!

1 Like

Ok, Ok I’m a bit of an addict when it comes to the Quotes section but here’s one more,

“You never know what Worse Luck your Bad Luck has saved you from.”

What’s your guys’ favorite poker-related quote, like the ones that come with the daily bonus pop up?

Mine is, “Poker is not about whether you win or lose, it’s about how many bad beat stories you’re able to tell.”