Poker Intuition

This is a great topic so I’ll drop my two cents into the bucket, I have already sent this info to one of the people above, but wasn’t sure I should say it publicly due to the disputable nature of this topic. Here is a quote from two of the scientist from the Sri Lanka tsunami… Dr. Alfred J. Bedard Jr. at the NOAA/Environmental Technology Laboratory and Dr. Peggy Hill at the University of Tulsa, Okla.

First, it’s possible that the animals may have heard the quake before the tsunami hit land. The underwater rupture likely generated sound waves known as infrasound or infrasonic sound. These low tones can be created by hugely energetic events, like meteor strikes, volcanic eruptions, avalanches, and earthquakes. Humans can’t hear infrasound—the lowest key on a piano is about the lowest tone the human ear can detect. But many animals—dogs, elephants, giraffes, hippos, tigers, pigeons, even cassowaries—can hear infrasound waves.
A second early-warning sign the animals might have sensed is ground vibration. In addition to spawning the tsunamis, Sunday’s quake generated massive vibrational waves that spread out from the epicenter on the floor of the Indian Ocean’s Bay of Bengal and traveled through the surface of the Earth. Known as Rayleigh waves (for Lord Rayleigh, who predicted their existence in 1885), these vibrations move through the ground like waves move on the surface of the ocean. They travel at 10 times the speed of sound. The waves would have reached Sri Lanka hours before the water hit.
Mammals, birds, insects, and spiders can detect Rayleigh waves. Most can feel the movement in their bodies, although some, like snakes and salamanders, put their ears to the ground in order to perceive it. The animals at Yala might have felt the Rayleigh waves and run for higher ground.
Why would they instinctively flee to higher ground—the safest place to be in the event of a tsunami? Typically, animals scatter away from a place where they are disturbed. So, in this case, “away” may have meant away from the sea, and incidentally, away from sea level. Or maybe it’s not as accidental as all that. It’s easy to imagine that one of evolution’s general lessons is: If the ground beneath your feet starts moving, move up and away as fast as you can.

What about humans—where were our red flags? Humans feel infrasound. But we don’t necessarily know that that’s what we’re feeling. Some people experience sensations of being spooked or even feeling religious in the presence of infrasound. We also experience Rayleigh waves via special sensors in our joints (called pacinian corpuscles), which exist just for that purpose. Sadly, it seems we don’t pay attention to the information when we get it. Maybe we screen it out because there’s so much going on before our eyes and in our ears. Humans have a lot of things on their minds, and usually that works out OK.
My thoughts are…
Most people don’t listen to these big things that we as humans are equipped for, and could feel if we were to try to, so why not dismiss people as “lucky” it’s the easiest way to explain or classify people. right? …
But I know we can hear-feel-visualize anything that is happening. We only need to clear our over filled with garbage minds. and start listening to the things around us… Have a good night … JL ♫♪

1 Like

A hunch is creativity trying to tell you something.
___ Frank Capra

Trust your hunches. They’re usually based on facts filed away just below the conscious level.
___Joyce Brothers

Intuition is a very powerful thing, more powerful than intellect, in my opinion.
___ Steve Jobs

The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift.
___Albert Einstein

Listen to the wind, it talks. Listen to the silence, it speaks. Listen to your heart, it knows.
___Native American Proverb

If the single man plant himself indomitably on his instincts, and there abide, the huge world will come round to him.
___ Ralph Waldo Emerson

You have to leave the city of your comfort and go into the wilderness of your intuition. What you’ll discover will be wonderful. What you’ll discover is yourself.
___Alan Alda

It is always with excitement that I wake up in the morning wondering what my intuition will toss up to me, like gifts from the sea. I work with it and rely on it. It’s my partner.
___Jonas Salk

God gave women intuition and femininity. Used properly, the combination easily jumbles the brain of any man I’ve ever met. ___Farrah Fawcett

The intuition of the moral sentiment is an insight of the perfection of the laws of the soul. These laws execute themselves. They are out of time, out of space, and not subject to circumstance.
___Ralph Waldo Emerson

Follow your instincts. That’s where true wisdom manifests itself.
___ Oprah Winfrey

Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.
___ Albert Einstein

3 Likes