Poker Disclosure

Great game last night folks…hope I see you tomorrow.
Here’s the hand I screwed myself on and North cleverly played…I shoulda never let the hand get past the flop!

1 Like

Seriously Randy I would have played your hand exactly the way you played it. You had to play that hand for value at that point of the tournament. A good tournament for both of us.
My schedule has me tied up for a bit so I will see you all next Wednesday.
Take care and good luck to all.

0 Likes

Well, you have to agree that from the turn on, you played it brilliantly (as I was trying to squeeze every chip out of you I could :smile:)…cya Wednesday.
BTW yall, I just added the Tues and Thurs at 4pm ET games.
4 new members from Europe are very happy about the earlier time.

0 Likes

I gave up on tonight’s game after losing about half my stack. We had 4 at the table, one was a no-show, one was a late-comer. Playing heads-up, I couldn’t figure out how to win a hand. I was behind the no-show in short order, since they were only losing the blinds when they came around.

Since it was basically heads-up, I felt like I had to try to play hands more than I normally would have liked to, and no matter what, I couldn’t hit a flop. I’d get near-broadway hands that failed to fill, and lose to a river pair. Again and again, like it was groundhog day. I had enough and shoved 23. Well, you can’t shove in PLHE, so I pot-sized raised until I was all in, and dumped my chips. I think GrandyB ended up with like a full house that hand, but I don’t think he folded to me but two or three times the entire game.

So, like, how do you play PL?

0 Likes

It seems I was indeed getting good cards for quite a run there at first and then FatnSassy came along and they slowed down.
That said, I will usually pay to see the flop unless it’s too expensive (especially in heads up).
In heads up if I’m SB and facing 20 chips to call I usually call regardless of my cards.
Maybe dumb but there have been too many times I have folded like a 72 crap hand only to hit the nuts on the flop.
With a full size ring tho I would definitely fold.
I thought I was well on my way to take out FatnSassy and win 1st but all that changed on a dime after this hand.
I sure hope we can fill a table (or few) someday.
Some of my European friends convinced me to start the 4pm ET games on Tues and Thurs so hopefully you folks can join us.

0 Likes

I kept getting 4-card draw flops against you, where I guess you mostly had flopped high pair. It was making my eyes roll out of my head not to hit at least once. Of course, as soon as I bailed on our game, I went and won another Astral Ursa Major 9-seater, which helped take the sting away.

Maybe I’ll have better luck next time, but it’d be nice to have a table of 6+ players.

1 Like

I’m glad you found some normalcy after leaving…and I too hope we can fill the table(s) soon.
It’s not a lot of fun playing with only 2 or 3 players.

0 Likes

My apologies league mates for not making Wednesday’s or Friday’s tourneys. I have had several issues between health, work, and internet service that have had to take priority over tournament time. I am hoping that these have all been straightened out to the point that I can make it regularly at least twice a week. GL at the tables. Hope to see everyone Monday!!
Catch

0 Likes

No apologies needed my friend and I’m sure everyone here realizes that life happens…we’ll cya when we cya…and thanks for taking the time to let us know! :wink:

0 Likes

I’ll be sending out PMs to bug you every weekday now that the Tues/Thur games are starting up.
If they really do bug you though or you don’t need them plz don’t hesitate to let me know.

0 Likes

Dang, these new folks is good yall!
I just happened to get very lucky after the break…Kittie and I were just passing the stack back and forth and I finally got a little luckier in the end.
To give you an idea of how lucky I was I was all-in well more than 10 times!
If you start with this hand and scroll thru the hands you’ll see what I mean.

1 Like

Closest we’ve been to filling a table…actually had 3 payouts this time :grin:

1 Like

Dangit, I forgot to set a reminder for this one!
I hope it was fun :grin:

0 Likes

Another butt-whoopin for me but still fun :grin:

0 Likes

I had a good time in this one, somehow winning after ChaseDRiver had been running the table for most of the time. I got the hot cards at the right time.

0 Likes

It’s a real pleasure to play against such good players even if I don’t win.

0 Likes

Finally got the right cards at the right time. It was fun.

0 Likes

I finally won one :grin:

1 Like

2 in a row…yee-haw!
It would be nice to play at least one full table so I hope yall will tell your friends :wink:

1 Like

Watching CatchDRiver take 1st in last night’s 8:30 mini masters was a cliffhanger!
I shamelessly took the opportunity in the stream to promote PD by letting everyone know he plays in our league. :grin:

1 Like