Marc's Hand Review!

Hi everyone,

I’m excited to announce that I’m starting a YouTube series called Marc’s Hand Review! In this YouTube series I’ll review hands that I’ve played and give my analysis and opinion on the hand that I’m reviewing. All the hands that you see from this series will be hands that have been played on Replay Poker. Be sure to check out the first episode of the series below!

Since it’s the first episode I know their are some Improvements that have to be made (Like the audio quality. Don’t worry I’m already working towards a solution for that! In the next episode the audio should be clearer and easier to hear.and the commentary can be better.)

I hope to release a new episode of this series once or twice a month or whenever I have the time to record.

I hope you all enjoy it and thanks for watching!!!

-Marc

8 Likes

He had a hand here, it wasn’t a bluff. He’s an A or a 2 away from a full house (although another 2 wouldn’t help him as it’d give you quads, not that he knows this yet), and a 4 and a 5 away from a wheel straight. It didn’t go his way, here, and he should have been more cautious than to jam when you raised here. He got a terrible flop, you got a great one. He shouldn’t have limped, and got you out of it before the flop. He could have been shoving with 33 or 32 or even A2 and had you beat.

2 Likes

Here are some questions you could discuss.

• Which options are available in this situation? Why is the one I picked the best? E.g. what are some pros-cons of slowplaying my monster here?
  • Why did I bet/raise this amount?
  • What is my plan? If he does x how will I respond? Can be counterfactuals like E.g. If BB raises myK2s what do I do?
  • What do I hope he does?
  • What could he have given that he did that? Which off those hands beat me? E.g. which hands do I think would limp pre, bet half pot and then shove?
  • What does he think I have? a) Which hands would I raise with here b) Does he misperceive? How? Does he think I am stronger/weaker than I really am?
  • Talk about position in general.
3 Likes

Thanks for the advice @bluffmasta . I’ll be sure to go more in depth with these questions in my next episode.

-Marc

1 Like

Thanks for the input @puggywug. In future videos I’ll talk more about my opponents hands and outs they have.

-Marc

1 Like

bro you are cool, player with the same name,

2 Likes

What a splendid idea!

What software are you using now? I would suggest OBS Studio for the capture, HitFilm Express for the editing, and Audacity for the sound. All free and pretty good.

Best of luck for your new project, I wish I had thought of it!

2 Likes

Hi @SunPowerGuru,

Thanks for your support! For screen capture I’m using a program called Apowersoft Free Online Screen Recorder. The reason why I’m using this software to screen capture is because with other screen recording software I’ve used for past projects, the video and audio would be horribly out of sync and would be difficult to edit to try to get them synced, though that might have something to do with my Laptop being 7 years old. .

So far with Apowersoft’s screen recorder I haven’t experienced any problems and it’s easy to use and there’s no time constraints or watermarks which I like.

For editing I’m using a program called VideoPad Video Editor. They have a paid version and a Free version which is what I’m using. If you get the paid version your really just getting a few extra affects that I wouldn’t have use for. The software isn’t hard to learn and once you get the hang of it it’s easy in my opinion.

For audio I do plan on going with Audacity starting on my next episode. I’ve been watching some how to videos to learn how to edit out background noise and it looks fairly simple to do that from the videos I’ve watched so I’m hoping it works for me to make the audio more clear so there’s no difficulty hearing what I say.

Thanks again for your support! I appreciate it!

-Marc

2 Likes

I must say I agree with SunPowerGuru. Well done Marc and good luck with this. A really great idea.

2 Likes

More unsolicited advice… :slight_smile:

Good audio starts with capturing good audio. Correcting it after the fact, while necessary, isn’t the best. I use an Audio Technica AT2020, and love it.

I got a big tote, lined it with acoustic foam, then put my mic on an anti vibration mount, and added a pop filter. This makes a nice mini-sound booth that blocks a lot of noise and is well suited to the kind of voice-over work you are doing.

4 Likes

Hi everyone,

First, I’d just like to thank everyone for their feedback and support! It really means a lot to me. Last night I recorded some test audio to try out the editing software. The edited sound really didn’t make a difference quality wise so I think the best solution is to get a new microphone though it might take me awhile to get one.

As of now I’m planning on recording a new episode hopefully Tuesday if my schedule works out. If I am able to record Tuesday, I expect the new episode to be ready later in the week. I am going to keep this thread updated and post new episodes here.

Thanks for the support!!!

-Marc

When you do start shopping for a mic, I would highly recommend SPGs advice of the Audio Technica AT2020 .
Back in the day when I owned a small recording studio, it wasn’t unusual to pay well over $500 for a large diaphram mic of that quality that meets those specs.
I bought an AT2020 for my son to record vocals for his music and we were both blown away with the quality.
The room you’re in is also evidently pretty live so if you can’t move to say a walk-in closet (with hanging clothes) you will want to try to isolate your new mic with something like the DIY project SPG mentioned…or if you find yourself with a little more cash, I’d go with something like this.
I also highly recommend Sweetwater because anything you buy there, they can provide low/no interest credit or choose the option to pay using a debit card and stretching the total over 3 monthly payments with a $10 processing fee.

2 Likes

While you’re at it, pick up a pair of Audio Technica ATH-M50x headphones so you can hear what you’re doing. These give you a very accurate reproduction of your sound quality.

Then grab some Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 speakers, which are amazing for their size and cost.

1 Like

Hi Mark,
Good stuff my friend glad to see you going for it!

Bit of advice, I wouldn’t call out the players names I would call them by position.

I was surprised to see the SB had pocket aces and put him on an over pair after he shoved just didn’t think it would be aces lol. If I had the pocket rockets I couldn’t help but min raise (without being results oriented).

I’ve subscribed looking forward to more videos!

This makes me want to sit in a game :wink:

1 Like

Thanks for the advice and support @AreYouAhead!

-Marc

Hi Marc,

I love the idea and I’ve subscribed to your channel. Thanks for putting time and effort into this and all the best.

1 Like

Thank you very much for the support @Maya I appreciate it!

-Marc

1 Like

I have selected the next hand I’m going to review and have taken some notes on things to cover about the hand. I plan on recording it in the morning and hopefully it will be ready to upload Wednesday or Thursday. :slight_smile:

-Marc

Hi everyone!

The newest episode of Marc’s Hand Review has been released! In this episode I review a hand that results in a Set vs Full House showdown! Be sure to check out the episode below!

-Marc

4 Likes

Much better than the first one, keep moving forward!

It would help if you talked a little about the format first thing. Was this in an MTT, SnG, or what? What was the buy-in? Stuff like that will give a little more context.

Edited to add: I watched this again, and you did say it was a 100k freeroll. My bad.

1 Like