I have a quesition

if the mods read messages sent to friends on this site why is that? can any one tell me please

1 Like

I don’t think they do .

1 Like

Hi @gbus,

Moderators don’t and can’t read other players messages. Just like any other player we can only read messages that are sent to us. I hope this is helpful.

-Marc

4 Likes

Marc is correct. A lot of people do not know that anyone can send a message to a mod. You do not need to be friends.

1 Like

But what about when someone reports a private message for abuse? Can’t mods then access private messages to read it for investigation? Or do they just get a copy of the reported message?

I have a bad feeling.

1 Like

Hi @Maya,

When someone uses the report function to report messages the report is sent to Replay staff. Moderators don’t see the messages unless a player messages a Moderator and copies the message. I hope this clears things up.

-Marc

1 Like

Thanks Marc. I thought they needed to see the reported message to know why it’s being reported.
So when I need to report a private message, I should also copy and send it to Replay? Or do you mean moderators can’t see the message but staff members can?

I’m asking because once someone sent me a very insulting private message which I reported. He was automatically taken off my friends list and a report was automatically sent to Replay, so I assumed a copy of the message would have been also sent for staff to see its content.

Hi @Maya,

When you report a message using the report message function the message or messages will automatically be sent in to staff along with the report.

To use the report message function go to a message and look for the triangle. As seen in the below screenshot. (Sometimes it may be at the bottom of the page.) Click it to report the message or messages and those messages will be automatically sent to staff for their review.

report%20message

Moderators won’t be able to see the report but staff will see it. I hope this helps!

-Marc

1 Like

Thank you Marc!! Much appreciated.

1 Like