Guide for Forum Newcomers

Yes - my point exactly :slight_smile:

Thankfully, GRAMMARIANS are a relatively rare breed of player - but can be extremely annoying nonetheless.

You mean players (plural) :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

Only joking!!! I’m not a grammarian LOL

OMG! I’ve been outed!!! Now I can NEVER be a grammarian :frowning: I’ll have to pick another category. I could be one of Juicee’s Researcher Facilitators. I am good at multi-tasking, except when I forget what the original task was. Which is increasingly often.

3 Likes

Hahahahaha!!! :joy::joy::joy::joy:

You can join us in the Soul Sisters category if you like :wink:

I accept! Thank you! I have really wanted to be a member of a category besides “really good player” (which won’t admit me) or “really bad player” (which is already full). Soul Sisters is perfect.

2 Likes

I apologise for neglecting an important category of Forum posters. Sorry! But better late than never, so here it is:

The Yogi-ists - Yogi-ists always post the thrilling chronicles of their games for the benefit of all readers.
A typical report:
Today I played a new MTT and finished 2nd. I joined 10 minutes late. I played well at first, then not so good, but then good again.
The first hand I had AA and went all in, nobody called, and I managed to collect blinds. At that moment I noticed that going all in preflop could have the following outcomes: either nobody calls and you collect blinds, or you get one or two callers, or everybody calls, and you either win the hand, or someone has better cards and they win the hand. That’s poker, 90% mental, the other half physical.
Then the next hand I was in the UTG position, and everyone limped in including me, and I thought I’d mention it, because it is important to know terms like UTG and limping in. After the flop I had nothing, and someone went all in so I folded. Then I realized that in poker, when someone else goes all in, it’s better to fold when you have nothing, like I did. Hey, when I come to a fork in the road, I take it!
Then I was in the BB position and I had AK, so I made a 3BB bet and I got someone raising so I made a 3-bet, then I shoved, and the villain called, but at the turn I made a straight and the villain had 2 pairs so I won the hand and managed to get a big stack. I suddenly realized that in poker, when you win a big pot, you get a big stack.
Then I noticed that when I have a big stack, I am more comfortable making bets than when I have a small stack. And I also noticed that a straight beats 2 pair and a flush beats a straight, and other very important things to notice that should definitely be posted in the forums for everybody to see. One can observe a lot by watching!
And my fellow poker players always remember: It ain’t over till it’s over.

3 Likes